Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's impressive how often people around here defend this guy, then brush off or attack those who demand you support your views.

It's perfectly normal for anyone to "brush off" people who cry wolf so often, when there is nothing wrong. Actually it's pretty much a natural thing, or and automatic response to do so to people who one may feel has no credibility.

Understand?

Tell me now, where dis these "attacks" take place?

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well since post 47 has roundly dealt with the financial arguments I'm wondering if there are ways Trump has made America better.

I would love to hear how he has improved

The quality of the environment
The safety of citizens
The credibility of its institutions and its intelligence community
The education of citizens

It gets tiring hearing that Trump has been so great only because of the economy. And now that their numbers are shown to do be pretty meh, let's diversifycome on Trump supporters! Please don't let me down! I don't live down there so I am curious about how things have improved.
I would add: The reputation of America (or American leadership) on the global stage.

I have cousins in Europe. I know how that would be answered.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
History will remember Trump well. That is a truth, not falsehood, that you cannot deny.
He will definitely go down in history, but probably not in the way you think think he will.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
We need to reelect Trump so he can finish what he started.
Turning the USA back into "glory days" of the 50s when women knew their place, blacks could still be lynched, homosexuals could be killed "in the name of the Lord", Hispanics were few and far between, Native Americans had no rights outside of the squalor of their reservations, and only white males could play golf at Augusta. I personally know a few trump supporters who long for those days.

Upvote 0

Foamhead

I like water
Aug 27, 2005
✟42,341.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
It's perfectly normal for anyone to "brush off" people who cry wolf so often, when there is nothing wrong. Actually it's pretty much a natural thing, or and automatic response to do so to people who one may feel has no credibility.

Understand?

Tell me now, where dis these "attacks" take place?

In other words you're just want to pontificate your unsupported views and are not interested in what anyone has to say.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In other words you're just want to pontificate your unsupported views and are not interested in what anyone has to say.

You didn't answer my question. See I'm trying to decide if you were merely crying wolf or if I really did attack someone so I can, well you know. :)

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Words like “lying,” “cheating,” and “stealing” bring one name to mind: Hillary Clinton. If Trump is a liar, cheater, and thief, Hillary is certainly a hundred times worse.
You conservatives have had YEARS to investigate her, and have done so MULTIPLE times. You have someone in the White House who would LOVE to lock her up, and a lap dog heading up DOJ that would do so in an instant if he could.

You guys could have been cataloging her lies just as easily as the the Toronto Star, the Washington Post, Wikipedia, etc. have been documented Trump's lies. You could have been broadcasting news about Clinton's extramarital affairs, dealings with sex workers, sexual assaults of underage children, bankruptcies, stealing from charitable foundations for kids with cancer, etc. just as frequently as the GLOBAL news organizations have about Trump.

If that hasn't happened, blame your own incompetence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would add: The reputation of America (or American leadership) on the global stage.

I have cousins in Europe. I know how that would be answered.

There are more Europeans who like Trump than you're letting on, if the results of European elections tell us anything. Europe's technocratic class don't like him; in that sense they're no different from their American counterparts.

Turning the USA back into "glory days" of the 50s when women knew their place, blacks could still be lynched, homosexuals could be killed "in the name of the Lord", Hispanics were few and far between, Native Americans had no rights outside of the squalor of their reservations, and only white males could play golf at Augusta. I personally know a few trump supporters who long for those days.

Of course, you think that any vision of the future that differs from your own is merely a longing for the past. You'll keep telling yourself that - until you look up and see that history has left you behind.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But what does that mean? What does being "Hillary Clinton" have to do with staying out of prison when the most powerful man in the free world wants you there?
If you keep asking for reasoning behind the programmed responses you're just going to be disappointed.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If you keep asking for reasoning behind the programmed responses you're just going to be disappointed.

I don't expect reasoning -- I'm just looking to understand the programming.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
This thread isn’t about Donald Trump’s past adulteries or failed marriages. The subject we’re talking about is: why support Trump and his achievements. If you want to make a new thread talking about Trump’s character flaws, then please do so. But please keep unrelated posts off this topic.

And what was pointed out is that you're believing things that Trump says despite obvious evidence to the contrary. Moreover, what was pointed out is that Trump's dishonesty was well established long before he became President, and he hasn't changed his stripes.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The 1950's was the greatest decade in the history of America, but not for those reasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Well, that's just darn amazing!

If the issue was regarding some politicians tax return in Australia I wouldn't even care. Realizing that there is so much more to take into account.

You really have a thing for Trump.
He shacks them up
even on the other side of the world.

Hope you guys over there come through this CV without many deaths. It's a rough time on this old earth.

M-Bob

What is amazing is that you continue to tout Trump as an honest man, and when faced with incontrovertible proof of his lies (again and again), you, true to form, respond that you don't care about that topic (with the implication that his lies on that topic don't effect you).

Honesty is important. People all over the world recognize that, but Trump's defenders continue to excuse it.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
And if it wasn't the tax return, it would be the the pimple under his nose.

:eek: Oh, my! that wasn't a pimple after all! Is that an impeachable offense?

Hey, look! Another unsubstantiated bogus claim.

Equating Trump following through on his promise to release his taxes (which every President in the last 50 years had done) with "a pimple under his nose" isn't even disingenuous, it's inflammatory.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Equating Trump following through on his promise to release his taxes (which every President in the last 50 years had done) with "a pimple under his nose" isn't even disingenuous, it's inflammatory.

You waaay over though that one. lol!

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
That's what his ego says, but is that why he has increased the national debt to $24 trillion and increased the budget deficit to $1.9 trillion and increased the DEBT to GDP ratio from ~105% to 109.38% U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

And is that why the national debt will be over $33 trillion in 2024 and the budget deficit will be $2.6 trillion and the DEBT to GDP ratio will be ~140%? U.S. National Debt Clock 2024 Budgets Compared

Of course, this is in stark contrast to Trump's dishonest campaign claim that he would eliminate the federal debt (not just the deficit). Not only has he not delivered on his promise, but even in his "booming" economy, he exacerbated the problem.

Trump's nonsense claim that he would eliminate debt was initially made in an interview with the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ba21f33_story.html?postshare=5311459637938733

Then,t he doubled down on it in this interview with Bill O'Reilly. At 5:30 he makes the absurd claim "we would pay it back so easily"

But yes, he's such an honest, "tell it like it is" businessman, and we're doing so much winning.

Please.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.