New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have mental problems that hinder my mind and I get afraid and obsess over sins. There have been two occusations where I have confessed to a sin only to found out that it wasn't my fault or even me involved for that matter. I get very afraid of sins I think I may have done, but never did and sins I don't think I did in the past but did.

How will God forgive me if I'm not sure of a potential sin and end up not asking for forgiveness because I have no idea if I did it or not?

Last edited:

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is the sea of forgetfulness?

Found this link for you. There are probably better ones out there. It is nearly 1am here so wanted to quickly post.

I don't believe that you need to name each ome individually when it is past sins. It is always best to repent immediately. Repenting is also the act of turnin away from sin into obedience to God.

Night

• Informative
Reactions: GregSG
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have mental problems that hinder my mind and I get afraid and obsess over sins. There have been two occusations where I have confessed to a sin only to found out that it wasn't my fault or even me involved for that matter. I get very afraid of sins I think I may have done, but never did and sins I don't think I did in the past but did.

How will God forgive me if I'm not sure of a potential sin and end up not asking for forgiveness because I have no idea if I did it or not?

It sounds to me like the devil is eating your lunch. He is driving you to guilt. If your heart is after God and if you have the testimony of the Holy Spirit confirming to your spirit that you are a child of God, your Father isn't trying to find a cheap way to get rid of you. He isn't looking for a way to eliminate you. He will help you. If He brings something to your attention, confess it and move on. If it keeps coming back, then your adversary is eating your lunch. Don't let him any more.

Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It sounds to me like the devil is eating your lunch. He is driving you to guilt. If your heart is after God and if you have the testimony of the Holy Spirit confirming to your spirit that you are a child of God, your Father isn't trying to find a cheap way to get rid of you. He isn't looking for a way to eliminate you. He will help you. If He brings something to your attention, confess it and move on. If it keeps coming back, then your adversary is eating your lunch. Don't let him any more.

I agree.

Rest in the Lord, He has taken you burdens as His yoke.

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Saved means Strongs 4982- to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgement.

Upvote 0