I Like Traffic Lights
May 9, 2002
Ocala, FL
✟682.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Parakaleo
Scott -
Not a place of eternal torment, no. I believe only in the grave.

Matthew 8:12, Matthew 22:13, Matthew 24:51, Matthew 25:30, Luke 13:38 all talk about torment. Luke 16:19-31 talks about a literal Hades. You can also look up Christ's words about Gehenna. For someone who insists that they are all about the Word, you sure go out of your way to deny such plain teachings!

That is true. If at all possible, a person must be baptised. If at all possible.

So there's a caveat in the Scriptures? Where?

No, I don't see any place where Evangelion has said "A person isn't saved until he is baptised." In fact, he has consistently said that we are not saved until we are accepted at the Judgement seat of God.

Then I will rephrase. Evangelion says that without baptism a person cannot be saved.

Why do you keep misrepresenting him?

It is he that is misrepresenting the word of God.

No, I'm listening to God, Who has spoken to us through His inspired men of old.

Didja hear what Christ said about Hell?

Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

And let's look more closely at where this comes from, shall we? Is this arbitrary? Exodus 33 is where we find the original passage. In it, we read that Moses is shown compassion because he finds favor with God!

That is the prerogative of God. He is able to extend mercy (and judgement) to whomsoever He chooses. Doesn't your god have this prerogative?

This perogative is based on strict Biblical teachings! It is not arbitrary! God has set into motion certain rules of sin, forgiveness, and character that he will always follow!

Jeremiah 19, in an illustration of the potter's wheel, shows God saying this, "If I declare judgement on a nation, and they turn and repent, then I will not judge them and will provide forgiveness." God forgave David because of the forgiveness. Is there any question that if David did not repent of his actions, (as he did in the 51st Psalm), that God would have followed through on his law? Of course He would have! But repentence is one of the rules that he set into motion!

No, because even though He exercised His prerogative in the case of David by granting him temporary immunity from the death penalty, He still punished David. Not only that, but He only did this because David was a faithful man who repented of his evil. Not everyone does this, of course. So God would never withdraw the penalty from all men, for that would be a denial of His character. There must always be a punishment for sin.

His perogative is explicitly stated in the Scriptures. David was forgiven because of his repentence. You even state as much.

With baptism, there is no "out" such as that. Either a person is baptized and saved or not baptized and not saved, according to the opposing side.

No, you just don't understand how God works.

I think you need to start reading the Bible.

Oh, I have. Many times. Daily. In many translations. In the original languages. I just take the Bible in its whole, that's all.

No, they're not, because both statements must be taken as qualified statements.

Why? Where is the biblical evidence?

The qualification that I give (and have given in many posts in this thread) is that baptism is commanded, but it is not something that can cause a person to not be saved if they don't do it, any more that another sin doesn't cause a person to lose their ability to be saved.

Tell me, Scott - did God contradict Himself when he abrogated the Law of Moses and decreed that David was not going to die, even though He had already instituted the death penalty for murder and adultery? (Both of which David committed...)

You sound exactly like the person who Romans was written to. Read the book in its entirety and you'll understand the answer to your question.[/quote]

I really think you need to read the Bible. It's just amazing, the number of people who call themselves "Christians" but don't read the Bible. :)

Again, I read the Bible. Over and over again. I'm sorry if you didn't get the tone of some of the questions I asked Evangelion. Read back a few lines and you'll see where my questions are coming from. It's a debate tactic.

Personally, I believe that God does not lie - that he is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. That he has provided His word to supply us with direction in our life. He has also given us the Holy Spirit to indwell within us and mark us as His chosen people. I also believe in a literal hell of eternal torment. I also believe that baptism is not necessary for the salvation of individuals.

Upvote 0

evolisamyth

Saved by grace through faith.
Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00
Faith
Baptist
If the physical act of water baptism is REQUIRED for salvation, then my Lord is a LIAR!

Remember the thief on the cross?  Luke 23:42 And Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

They did not come down off thier crosses and do the baptism.  If it is required for salvation, He lied to that fellow about where he'd end up! :eek:

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by cougan
You could say the question is What about Baptism? necessary or uncessary?

I believe the scripture teaches that we are saved by grace through faith alone and that baptism is an outward sign of an inward change.
It is symbolic of us dying to sin (going under the water), and raising to newness of life (coming up out of the water).

I do not believe that baptism saves us as that is not biblical, *but*...I believe that baptism is a command that a true believer would want to follow in obedience to Christ.

God bless

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Auntie
I am moving this thread to the Spirituality Forum, because Staff has decided that members of this branch of CoC teach a different gospel, and they are not allowed to post in Christian Only areas of CF.

Is this the Church of Christ Boston Movement?

Upvote 0

evolisamyth

Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally posted by Apologist
I believe the scripture teaches that we are saved by grace through faith alone and that baptism is an outward sign of an inward change.
It is symbolic of us dying to sin (going under the water), and raising to newness of life (coming up out of the water).

I do not believe that baptism saves us as that is not biblical, *but*...I believe that baptism is a command that a true believer would want to follow in obedience to Christ.

God bless

FCC this is FO, Fire for Effect!!!!

Aplogist, you hit the target dead on! 

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
You recognize that "HOLY-SPIRIT-BAPTISM", or more properly worded, "HOLY-SPIRIT-IMMERSION", has nothing to do with waterbaptism. Since Holy Spirit Immersion equates to salvation, and since Immersion into Christ also equates to salvation, why is it such a stretch for you to understand that immersion into Christ is ALSO a spiritual thing---and just like Holy-Spirit-Baptism, ALSO has nothing to do with water? Holy-Spirit-Baptism errr, Immersion, is a spiritual thing; so too IMMERSION-INTO-CHRIST is a spiritual thing. NEITHER has anything to do with water...

Again, there is only 1 baptism that saves. That is either your saved at the point of HS baptism or at the point of water baptism. Yet you can't make up your mind. On the one hand you want to call it HS baptism then on the other hand you want to say "well immersion into Christ". Which is it? You have indicated that these 2 things are different from one another. I belive that we are immersed into christ at the point of water baptism as recorded in Rom 6. Even though you are being physical baptized it is spiritual in nature. You do not literly die in the water and the water itself is not what washes away your sins. It is your faith and obedience to God that makes this work as you OBEY and HUMBLE yourself into the water and at that point of your obedience your past sins are washed away, your joined with Christ, added to the church, and being raised up a new creature. This is a sybolic act of the death, burial, and resurection of Jesus. Why can't you grasp this concept from other accounts throghout the bible.

The walls of Jerico. God gives them the city but they must march around it for 7 days and blow their insturments and shout. Do you think their marching and shouting with in itsself did any good? Of course not it was because of their faith in God that they knew if the obeyed him and marched and shouted that the walls would fall down.

Nammen. I have already pointed these examples out before. Nammen was told if he wanted to get rid of his leporsey to dip 7 times in the Jordan. Was there anything magical about the water? Of course not. The freedom from leporsey was offered to him and was given to him once he OBEYED. It was his faith in God that he would be cleansed when he came up that 7th time.

If you have this HS baptism that they did in the 1st century prove it. The apostles did'nt have any problems using signs and miracles to confirm what they were saying was true. Rom 15:19, Mark 16:20.

You say "they were believers in God"---do you think that they realized Jesus was the MESSIAH? I submit they did. You think you have refuted the passage because you make three assumptions:

1. They had not heard enough of the Gospel to believe---Peter had only STARTED speaking
2. They did not believe/receive Jesus.
3. They were filled with the Holy Spirit WHILE THEY WERE UNBELIEVERS

You reason, "Peter had only STARTED to speak, Peter hadn't TIME to tell them the Gospel". But let's look more closely at Acts 10, may we?
"And opening his mouth, Peter said: 'I understand God is not one to show partiality, but ...those who respect Him ...are welcome to Him. The word ...through Jesus Christ (HE IS LORD OF ALL)---you yourselves know what took place. You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power; He went doing good and healing a who were oppressed---God was with Him. We were witnesses ...and they put Him to death on a cross, and God raised Him up on the third day, seen by us. He ordered us to preach ...that this is the One who has been appointed by God as the judge of the living and the dead. Of Him all the prophets bear witness that THROUGH HIS NAME EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM receives forgiveness of sins.' "

THIS is the context that Peter UTTERED, BEFORE they received the Holy Spirit. Thus your FIRST assumption (of the three listed just above), evaporates. They heard MORE THAN ENOUGH to understand the Gospel. Perhaps Peter had a WHOLE SPEECH written---and this is all they heard, the "archomai", the beginning. BESIDES, as Peter boldly declared, they had SEEN Jesus, they already KNEW much about Him. So they already knew much about Jesus, Peter actually said ALL THESE WORDS to them BEFORE they were FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT---they therefore had MORE than enough knowledge of the Gospel.

Assumption #1 gone---they knew, they heard enough, they understood Jesus WAS THE MESSIAH.

Come on now Ben. How many times do I have to correct you on this? You can try and throw logic and hermunitics out the door as you have done here or you grasp the reality that Acts 11 is recount IN ORDER of what happened in Acts 10. (acts 11:4). So you try and jump over to Acts 10 and try to claim that you know exactly how much of these words were spoken before the HS fell on them. This is a bold claim my friend and one which you have absoultly no way of proving. I like how you left out

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word.

No where in this text can you find any support for your dreamed up view of how many words were spoken before the HS fell on them. Do you really think a HS apostles whos words are guided by the HS would need to have a written speech? As I said before in Acts 11 we see that Peter just began to speak when he was interupted. I showed the meaning of this word before, but you ignored it because it is crippling to your view. The idea here is that Peter barely started that is barely even began to speak before the HS fell on them. I think I will belive what the bible clearly points out to be truth. It is not a assumption my friend.

Assumption #2, which you largely base on #1, is that they HAD NOT BELIEVED. But I take Acts11:15-17 to be CLEARLY saying "they received the HS just as WE had, WE believed and received the HS, THEY believed and received the HS. I think your "assumption #2" has fallen flat. They heard, they knew, they believed.

I already answered this question before and I am not going to answer it again. I already showed you that your assumption was incorrect and not logical.

Assumption #3---this is the one that I cannot understand---how is it that you believe the Holy Spirit INDWELLS THE UNSAVED? Eph1:13 says "the SEAL of salvation, which is the Holy Spirit, is conditioned on BELIEF. Heb3:1 says "metochos/partners of a heavenly calling", 3:14 says "metochos/partners of Christ", and 6:4 says "metochos/partners of the Holy Spirit". Aren't the three PARTNERSHIPS, CONNECTED? Please explain to me how you believe the Holy Spirit INDWELT THE UNBELIEVERS?

Here we go again, Is there an echo in here? I already showed you several examples of people being filled with the HS who were unbelivers. I pointed out to you that Cornelius was a big beliver in God and that God choose him and his household to be the ones the first gentiles to be used to show that Gentiles would be accepted by God as well as the Jew. God knew there hearts and poured out the HS onto these Gentiles before they belived in Jesus as sign to the Jews. What I dont understand is why cant you let it sink in that the first thing that Peter does when he sees that the Gentiles can be saved he commands them to be water baptized just like he preached to the Jews at the day of Pentacost. Yes, this was a WATER BAPTISM, you can not deny it. Peter could not withstand God 11:17 and not allow them to be water baptized having their sins washed away. It very clear my friend it at the poing of water baptism that a person is saved and not before.

But I gave you an instance where they were WATERBAPTIZED but had not yet received the Holy Spirit---what I established with those two passages, is that waterbaptism is SEPARATE from salvation! You say "Acts 10 is only ONE INSTANCE"---but that it exists at ALL denies your view! John laments that "there were too many things to write down"---so this ONE is very arguably only one of MANY times they were SAVED, FILLED, before being DIPPED!

This the ONLY ONE instance of this happening which I have already with out doubt explained to you the reason why. Not to mention the fact that Peter had to remember all the way back to the day of Pentacost when the HS had fallen directly from heaven shows that it had not happened since that time. If it had he could of easily accounted some earlier time that the HS fell on someone else than going back around 7 years in the past. Your attempts to abuse John passage opens up a can worms that you cant stand on. Just thing of the claims people could make using your tactics. A Homosexual could say that there could of been account where a Homo was allowed to preach and teach and still maintain his homo relationship because God made him that way.

You don't believe spiritual gifts exist today? You don't believe in prophecy? "Earnestly desire spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy." You don't believe that applies today?

You know where I stand on this. I wrote like 8 pages or so on this very subject I suggest you read them again. So I guess you would have me to beleive that we still have prophets today and that we can add pages to our bible since you would claim we still have prochecies today?

Its funny you always HEAR about someone getting raised from the dead but when it comes to proff there is always a flaw. No matter what supposed miracle you bring up it will lack the proof to show it to be a bible miracle which was alway instant and never took more that 1 hour. Just like I said produce a vidoe tape of a withered hand becomeing whole or anything visable like this and I will preach miracles tommorrow. In fact you could become a rich man because I know of website that offers a 1.1 million dollar reward to anyone that can produce a geniune bibical miracle.

In Matt18, Jesus promises that "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there am I in their midst; whatever you agree to bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven..." You don't believe that applies to us today?
You completly avoided my question. Here let me make it easier for you. Are there Apostles alive today? I dont mean in the generic sense as one sent out. I mean either a successor to the apostles or an apostle with the same authority as the 1st century apostles. If yes then can the impart the gift of the HS through the laying on of their hands just like the apostles of the 1st century did?

Then I want to know have you had a apostle lay his hands on you, because this is the ONLY way you could of receive the HS you keep boldly claiming you have. This is the only recorded way people received the HS in the 1st century execpt for the 2 instances where it came directly from heaven at the day of Pentacost on the apostles and on the house of Cornelius.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by ScottEmerson
Quick and easy case scenario:

A person in Uruguay believes with his whole heart that Jesus is Lord because of the witness of a person and is not baptized, because the person who witnessed doesn't believe that baptism is necessary for salvation. This person confesses with his mouth and has faith that Christ was raised from the dead. For the rest of his life, he does good works, shares his faith with all the people that he meets, and converts hundreds to his faith. This person dies, having never been baptized. Is this person going to Hell?

ROM 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Just because someone was taught wrong and then they in return teach a multitude of others the same wrong teaching and they all follow this teaching does not make it right in the site of God. Uzzah in 2sam 6 died even though he thought he was doing a good thing by stabilizing the ark. So yes I belive the bible clearly teaches that this person would be lost and all those he decieved.

One more scenario:

A 90-year-old man at a Church of Christ feels the spirit beckoning. He accepts Christ then and there. As he goes up front to announce to the pastor that he wishes to be baptized, (he believes that baptism saves),he dies of a massive stroke immediately. He never gets immersed in water. Does God say, "Depart from me, I never knew you?"

All I ask is your answer to these two questions. I never really received an answer from my last series, but I hope that you can read these and prayerfully consider what the answer to these questions would be. Thanks.

First of all I dont think God would allow something like this man dieing to happen before he was able to be water baptized. You can bring up all kind of cases like this that would be VERY RARE in fact doubtfully it would ever happen but this still does not change the word of God. The word of God is absolute and we will be judged by the words found with in it. So by the words found in it I would say this man would be lost. Now IF God did look into this mans heart and sees that he was going to be baptized and by his mercy decides to let this man have eternal life in this VERY RARE circumstance this would have ABSOULTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON THAT WAS CAPABLE OF BEING WATER BAPTIZED. So even if you throw in these RARE circumstances it doesnt help your postion one bit. Please don't accuse me of thinking its possible to be saved without water baptism because that is not what I am stateing. I am merely saying IF he did save them without water baptism in these RARE circumstance it would not apply to you.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by ScottEmerson
Oh, and for the proof of resurrections, just do an internet search for Ronald Winans. He is the father of the musical group the Winans, as well as BeBe and CeCe Winans. He was raised from the dead due to the prayers of the saints.

Your argument of no miracles falls.

I tried to find anything I could about this person but came up empty handed. I guarentee you this man was not raised from the dead and that there isnt sufficent eviedence of his death. You take a guy like Lazerus who was dead like 4 days and bring them back to life and then you got yourself a miracle. Or simply show me a video that show someone cut or jab the dead person before and the blood does not flow out and then they bring them back while the video is on them and the wound is either completly healed or start shooting blood when he is revived. Until you give bonified proof my no miracles today stands rock solid.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by seebs
I think it's a bad idea to get too confident of what God can or cannot do, or will or will not do. He is merciful, and He has done things in the past which were "impossible" to help us.

I think this is better advice.

Corinthians 4:6 Now these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes; that in us ye might learn not <I>to go </I>beyond the things which are written; that no one of you be puffed up for the one against the other.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by pinkangel
I reckon each guy will go to heaven, although I soppose we'll never know. I was baptized just over a yr go and it was amazing! But still i think it has to be a choice like the old man, if u think that baptizm aint necessary then I dont think it needs to be done, as long as you have given your life to God I reckon that the water bit doesnt matter too much

Ahh! The old well if its feels good its gota be right. What a pathetic age we live in. This is librealism thinking to the core. I suppose If I think its ok not to repent or confess Jesus as Lord or maybe if I dont think its all that bad to live in adultry it will be ok as long as it works&nbsp;for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by waterwizard
I don't know if this has been touched on yet, but I'll say it anyway.

The thief on the cross wasn't baptized.&nbsp; No one ran up and threw water on him after he said "Remember me" to Jesus.&nbsp; Where is the thief now?

Also, was John the Baptist ever baptized?&nbsp; If so, by whom?&nbsp; And is he in heaven if he wasn't?

If baptism is necessary, we would have to have a baptismal ready at a person's deathbed confession, so that person can be baptized before he dies.&nbsp;

I think if another person uses the theif on the cross arguement I'm going to be sick. The theif on the cross has been dealt with at least 3 times in this thread. To put it short the theif on the cross and John the baptist both died before the new covenant came into existience. Jesus had the power to forgive sins when he was on the earth and while he was alive still under the old Law he tells this theif that he will be in paradise with him. The theif was saved but it was not possible for him to be water baptized into CHrist consisdering Christ was still alive and the Old convenant was still in effect. John the baptist water baptism was for the remmission of sin as well and we are not told if John was baptized by anyone but we do know that most people would have done to themselves what they are teaching other to do. Again, both John the baptist and the thief died under the old covenant and can not be used as examples that apply under the new covenant put into effect by the death of Christ. I already covered death bed istances and the like.

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by evolisamyth
If the physical act of water baptism is REQUIRED for salvation, then my Lord is a LIAR!

Remember the thief on the cross?&nbsp; Luke 23:42 And Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

They did not come down off thier crosses and do the baptism.&nbsp; If it is required for salvation, He lied to that fellow about where he'd end up! :eek:

Oh I'm going to be sick now. :(

Upvote 0

cougan

Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
✟8,856.00
Faith
Christian
Is this the Church of Christ Boston Movement?

NO NO NO NO

God bless

Really? Can you show me where in the bible it ever says by GRACE THROUGH FAITH ALONE. You can not and will not ever be able to produce one single verse that says faith "ALONE". I to belive that we are saved by faith and grace but the bible does not say ALONE. We are also saved by repenting, confessing and baptism again not ALONE but all of them working together. On one hand you say we dont have to baptized to be saved then you turn around and say well if we are obedient to Christ we we will be water baptized because it is a COMMAND.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

The word of God tells us that if we OBEY THE COMMANDS we have eternal life but you say well IF WE WANT TO OBEY WE CAN.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body -

Do you believe this verse? Do you belive that water baptism is how we get into the one body?

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
How many times do I have to correct you on this? You can try and throw logic and hermunitics out the door as you have done here or you grasp the reality that Acts 11 is recount IN ORDER of what happened in Acts 10. (acts 11:4). So you try and jump over to Acts 10 and try to claim that you know exactly how much of these words were spoken before the HS fell on them. This is a bold claim my friend and one which you have absoultly no way of proving.
Acts 10:34-43 is a SPEECH by Peter, presenting the Gospel. You believe that Peter had BARELY STARTED on the speech when they were filled with the Holy SPirit.

But---they began speaking with tongues and exalting God---do you believe Peter just KEPT TALKING over their VOICES???

Maybe, Peter waited 'til they grew QUIET AGAIN and then FINISHED his talk?

Tell me, WHEN do you think Peter SAID ALL THAT???

Or is it written chronologically---Peter actually got out ALL of verse 34, then spoke ALL of verse 35, then ALL of 36, then 37, 38, 39, 40, even 41, still all of 42, and still all of 43---it is in verse 43 that Peter says BELIEVE to RECEIVE FORGIVENESS; the NEXT VERSE is where it first says they "began tonguing and exalting God". But you believe they were doing it back at verse 34, maybe verse 35?

If they were tounging and exalting back there, please tell me how Peter was able to utter verses 36-43???
No where in this text can you find any support for your dreamed up view of how many words were spoken before the HS fell on them.
My "DREAMED-UP-VIEW" is by simply reading what was WRITTEN. What was WRITTEN, is that Peter spoke verse 34, "Opening his mouth began to speak..." Then verse 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43; THEN they began to speak with tongues and exalting God. Does Peter continue preaching after verse 43? NO. Why? BECAUSE THEY WERE TONGUING AND EXALTING GOD, MAKING A RUCKUS!
I already showed you several examples of people being filled with the HS who were unbelivers.
Forgive my forgetfullness---can you please post a couple of 'em again?

Upvote 0

pinkangel

Dec 26, 2002
North west England
Visit site
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cougan, sorry I soppose I wrote it wroung I wasnt thinking in the way you said, I do not think as you said that if whatever feels ok for you i.e living in adultry then thats ok. I agree with you when you say that is not the right way to live. I am totally against the way some people stitch a 'comfortable cross'. How they can go aginst what the bible says to make there life better for themselves and perhaps others. I think that all christians should live in truth. Im sorry I soppose what I wrote did not come out the way I ment it to. When I was baptized I had been a christian for 3 years, if I had died sometime in those 3 years I still believe that I would have gone to be with God. In my heart I am hert to hear that God would just cast me away if I have had died. IS that really what he's saying? You can show an outer sign of faith through other things then being baptized surely, would that not please God enough to not leave me? Sorry if this all sounds yet again like I am part of the ' pathetic age'. These are just my thoughts, maybe there wroung but it is just hard to think as I said before that God would have just forgotten me in those 3 years if Id died. God bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by pinkangel
When I was baptized I had been a christian for 3 years, if I had died sometime in those 3 years I still believe that I would have gone to be with God.

pinkangel, if you accepted the work that Jesus did on the Cross, as payment in full for your sins, then you are saved by the Blood of the Lamb. Don't let anyone, especially Satan, get you to start doubting your salvation, or doubt the great love that God has for you. Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us. pinkangel, God loves you very much, more than you can ever know. You are His adopted daughter, you belong to Him. Forever. Praise Him and love Him for giving us the gift of life eternal thru Jesus, the Lamb of God.

Upvote 0

evolisamyth

Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally posted by Auntie
pinkangel, if you accepted the work that Jesus did on the Cross, as payment in full for your sins, then you are saved by the Blood of the Lamb. Don't let anyone, especially Satan, get you to start doubting your salvation, or doubt the great love that God has for you. Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us. pinkangel, God loves you very much, more than you can ever know. You are His adopted daughter, you belong to Him. Forever. Praise Him and love Him for giving us the gift of life eternal thru Jesus, the Lamb of God.

AMEN!!!!!

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by evolisamyth
AMEN!!!!!

And AMEN to your signature!:)

John 10:28-30 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

Powerful verses!

Upvote 0