Brussels
✟15,358.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The heaven is the place where all is good is what people told me. If you have only known suffering here, there all will be different. But just a quick scenario, if you love someone who is a staunch atheist and will go to hell for his/her sins. But you repented you will go to heaven. Wont that bring you pain and leave you heartbroken? Isnt that too suffering? Seeing your loved one burning for eternity? If anyone has an awnser please tell me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wont that bring you pain and leave you heartbroken? Isnt that too suffering?

When one knows personally how holy and just your Heavenly Father is. How great his love, mercy and grace that was extended to your loved one and that they rejected everything God offered them. Then yes one will be sad but one won't be heart broken, one won't be suffering.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Isnt that too suffering? Seeing your loved one burning for eternity? If anyone has an awnser please tell me.

First, you won't be seeing anyone who is in hell. For that matter, you likewise won't be looking down on your family still living on Earth, even though that is the line every medium in every séance sells his customers.

But will you feel the loss, knowing that the loved one is not with you?

We do not know the answer to this except that we are assured that we will not feel any pain or loss. Exactly how that will be is beyond our knowledge at present.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,665.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The heaven is the place where all is good is what people told me. If you have only known suffering here, there all will be different. But just a quick scenario, if you love someone who is a staunch atheist and will go to hell for his/her sins. But you repented you will go to heaven. Wont that bring you pain and leave you heartbroken? Isnt that too suffering? Seeing your loved one burning for eternity? If anyone has an awnser please tell me.

That time you would be released from your old body and be given a new body. Your new self will be firmly joined to Christ (like in a marriage). You would love Christ so much so that you would want God's justice to be done more than anything else, even if they were once your own people.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That time you would be released from your old body and be given a new body. Your new self will be firmly joined to Christ (like in a marriage). You would love Christ so much so that you would want God's justice to be done more than anything else, even if they were once your own people.
Especially if it were your only chance

• Friendly
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
...if you love someone who is a staunch atheist and will go to hell for his/her sins. But you repented you will go to heaven. Wont that bring you pain and leave you heartbroken? Isn't that too suffering? Seeing your loved one burning for eternity? If anyone has an answer please tell me.
Hello J3n, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

As for your question above, God, who has proven Himself to be completely trustworthy, has made a number of promises to us (His adopted children who He chose to love from everlasting .. Jeremiah 31:3; Ephesians 1:4-6) in the Bible, and it is in those great/wonderful/wondrous promises of His that we put our trust (that they will work out for us exactly as He told us they will) .. because we trust Him :) (He, who chose to come here and die for us to rescue/save us who were formerly His enemies and wholly undeserving of His mercy and grace .. Romans 5:8-10).

Here is one of His promises to us, found within a prophetic statement close to the end of the Bible.

Revelation 21
1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,
4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

God doesn't tell us how He will accomplish this, but I trust that He (who declares the end from the beginning .. Isaiah 46:9-10) is telling us exactly how things will be for us in the eternity to come.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David

Deuteronomy 29
29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

No one goes to hell because of their sins and no one goes to heaven because they repented of sins.

A person, either has trusted in Jesus the promised Messiah for the free gift of Eternal Life or they have not. A person who has trusted in Jesus for Eternal life has Eternal Life and will live (or as many say go to heaven, for a short time).
A person who has not trusted in The Messiah for Eternal Life has no Eternal Life (The Gift of God) and will be cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The OP is concerned about how one deals with pain of a lost friend after one goes to heaven. I’m telling him that when God raises us from death, it won’t be the same old body that we now have, our Spirit will be released from this fallen flesh, and we would be given resurrected and glorified body that is firmly joined to Christ.

Would you still want me to quote scripture references of “new body” that we get when God raises us from death?

Actually, God is a Spirit (John 4:24). Christ is just like the Father: John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

This tells us the essence of God is wholly Spirit (where life resides) but He can and has taken on human form. Like on the plains of Mamre, with Abraham, and then being born as a man: Yeshua of Nazareth. Both times He ate and drank like you and I. Christ even suggested we will do the same with him in the Kingdom (Matt. 26:29). So He can appear as flesh but is still invisible (see 1 Tim. 1:17).

When Christ returns, we will be just like Him. 1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

Just how all this will come together is not clear. But I will comfort the OP in that the wages of sin is death. Not everlasting life in fire as the false teachings of man have suggested. Let us just wait and see how God plays out His plan of salvation. God is love, and He loves us all.

• Friendly
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The heaven is the place where all is good is what people told me. If you have only known suffering here, there all will be different. But just a quick scenario, if you love someone who is a staunch atheist and will go to hell for his/her sins. But you repented you will go to heaven. Wont that bring you pain and leave you heartbroken? Isn't that too suffering? Seeing your loved one burning for eternity? If anyone has an answer please tell me.
They don't burn for eternity. They don't suffer in Hell any worse that you see them suffering now. Though that is sad, they have no hope. They will still have no hope. They have to "burn" with all their sins and they've chosen to not ask for forgiveness. That is the "burning" they will continue to feel.

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2020
Greencastle
✟16,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Here is one of His promises to us, found within a prophetic statement close to the end of the Bible.

Revelation 21
4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.

--David

This verse says it all. It is at the end of the Bible, thus we know this is a final statement.

God says we will not mourn, cry, or be in pain. Those emotions will be taken away. How God does it, I don't know, but I believe what He says, in that no matter how much pain, hurt, or sadness I take to heaven, He will remove it so I will no longer carry it for all eternity.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
. . . But just a quick scenario, if you love someone who is a staunch atheist and will go to hell for his/her sins. But you repented you will go to heaven. Wont that bring you pain and leave you heartbroken? Isnt that too suffering? Seeing your loved one burning for eternity? If anyone has an awnser please tell me.

I'm going to make bold to pick up on an angle that other responders haven't, so far.

In the scenario, how does the enquirer "know" how "staunch" the atheism of the loved one is? In almost all the cases I've known, individuals are needing to distance themselves from baggage that got loaded onto the religion that got offered to them. I call it "agnosticism with rumpled nerves". They might have issues needing repentance but that is not the only thing. They simply might not be willing to admit they want to repent. They probably don't possess enough information to articulate the issues in enough detail and the enquiring person might not either. So hope should not be given up.

Heaven is where those who have lived sacrificially are in the presence of God. Scripture has phrases describing being saved in various circumstances, a wedding feast, a new earth (personally I don't have the last word how they overlap).

Upvote 0