• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

West Point Pillow Fight

Discussion in 'Military' started by jwsiii, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwsiii

jwsiii Member

+1
    Protestant
    Here's something a little more funny and light-hearted. I'm a cadet at West Point and we had a big pillow fight last Thursday. It was fun. West Point sucks most of the time, but we also do some fun stuff :) . Here's a picture.

Attached Files:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. daveleau

daveleau In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind

+678
    Christian
    Married
    lol, is that a school sanctioned fight? It looks like it was organized.

We used to play a lot of pranks at The Citadel. I was in the last class that was all-male. An interesting time to be there, for sure.

Thanks for the (soon-to-be) service to this great nation. Study well and make us proud in the USA. :)

3. jwsiii

jwsiii Member

+1
    Protestant
    It's not school-sanctioned. The school actually goes out and tries to break it up. I'm not sure how it gets organized. I just got an email saying that there would be a pillow fight. It's just plebes. It's not upperclassmen.

4. jhollas

jhollas Christian Soldier

+20
    Anglican
    Single
    UK-Conservative
    And you guys are how old...?
    :D
    Looks like a good break from the tedium!

5. daveleau

daveleau In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind

+678
    Christian
    Married
    We used to do things that would look silly to outsiders when we were knobs. I totally understand where he's coming from. That's pretty cool that it's all plebes. We tried to organize our entire battalion's knobs to come to muster in bright, patterned boxers w/ no pants on, but we couldn't get organized. Email wasn't as frequently used back then.

Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

6. Asherz

Asherz Well-Known Member

+69
    Christian
    Private
    My sister's close friend is a cadet there, and he was just telling us about your pillow fight tonight. Looks like fun!

7. Pope Gonzo

Pope Gonzo Well-Known Member

+27
    Christian
    Of course West Point sucks most of the time... isn't this your first year? Just give it time and you'll survive :) My brother was '00 and my dad was '71.

8. TDonovan

TDonovan New Member

+1
    Protestant
    I WILL be going there after this last year of HS. I don't care how it gets done, but I want to go there so bad.

9. Billnew

Billnew Legend

+1,152
    Christian
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    We had a pillow fight in the Air Force Basic and I was caught by surprise and got a bloody nose. (Slammed full face from behind)
    Luckily no blood on the clothes and floor cleaned up. T.I .never knew.

Didn't want another week in Basic.

But it was a good stress reliever.

10. fieldsofwind

fieldsofwind Well-Known Member

+11
    Christian
    Hey, to the guy who went to El Cid.... the all male brotherhood is still alive and well at The Citadel. Females may attend, but the all male mindset dominates life there. The knob year a man experiences at El Cid is much different from the one a female gets. There are certain things best left alone, and the all male brotherhood developed through suffering together as men is one of those things. I would never do to a girl what I did to my knobs when I was a C/Sgt.

"Give me a boy, Oh God, who is willing to learn the true value of honor, the necessity of perseverance and loyalty, and the meaningfulness of devotion to God and country. And I shall take this boy as does a blacksmith take a crude piece of metal, and place him over a forge whose liberating flame of education is fired by the bellows of strict military discipline. Into this ingot of a man I shall temper self-respect and self discipline, fear of God and respect for mankind, appreciation of freedom, and above all an insatiable desire for truth and honesty. And when all these things I have done, I shall brand my finished work with a ring of gold to let all humanity know that I have given back to the world a....CITADEL MAN."

Class of 04, stalag company

11. jwsiii

jwsiii Member

+1
    Protestant
    If you're ever up here, email me or something and I can show you around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.