Not open for further replies.

jwsiii

Dec 1, 2002
West Point
Visit site
✟15,240.00
Faith
Protestant
Here's something a little more funny and light-hearted. I'm a cadet at West Point and we had a big pillow fight last Thursday. It was fun. West Point sucks most of the time, but we also do some fun stuff :) . Here's a picture.

Attachments

• 100_0050.JPG
    100_0050.JPG
    491.5 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: daveleau

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol, is that a school sanctioned fight? It looks like it was organized.

We used to play a lot of pranks at The Citadel. I was in the last class that was all-male. An interesting time to be there, for sure.

Thanks for the (soon-to-be) service to this great nation. Study well and make us proud in the USA. :)

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We used to do things that would look silly to outsiders when we were knobs. I totally understand where he's coming from. That's pretty cool that it's all plebes. We tried to organize our entire battalion's knobs to come to muster in bright, patterned boxers w/ no pants on, but we couldn't get organized. Email wasn't as frequently used back then.

Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We had a pillow fight in the Air Force Basic and I was caught by surprise and got a bloody nose. (Slammed full face from behind)
Luckily no blood on the clothes and floor cleaned up. T.I .never knew.

Didn't want another week in Basic.

But it was a good stress reliever.

Upvote 0

fieldsofwind

Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, to the guy who went to El Cid.... the all male brotherhood is still alive and well at The Citadel. Females may attend, but the all male mindset dominates life there. The knob year a man experiences at El Cid is much different from the one a female gets. There are certain things best left alone, and the all male brotherhood developed through suffering together as men is one of those things. I would never do to a girl what I did to my knobs when I was a C/Sgt.

"Give me a boy, Oh God, who is willing to learn the true value of honor, the necessity of perseverance and loyalty, and the meaningfulness of devotion to God and country. And I shall take this boy as does a blacksmith take a crude piece of metal, and place him over a forge whose liberating flame of education is fired by the bellows of strict military discipline. Into this ingot of a man I shall temper self-respect and self discipline, fear of God and respect for mankind, appreciation of freedom, and above all an insatiable desire for truth and honesty. And when all these things I have done, I shall brand my finished work with a ring of gold to let all humanity know that I have given back to the world a....CITADEL MAN."

Class of 04, stalag company

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.