Were the Pyramids Built Before the Flood? (Masoretic Text vs. Original Hebrew)

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm speculating, chief ... just speculating.

According to academia, the pyramids were built before the Flood.

Given that Egypt came from Noah's grandson, Mizraim ...

Genesis 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.

... not even Egypt existed as yet, let alone the pyramids.

Since science is wrong, I'm free to speculate.
Perhaps the Nephlim built the pyramids.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is evidence that they in fact were built. And the use of some technology is evident. (Is their existence evidence enough for you?) In fact there's evidence that incredible technology existed, since there are ancient statues in Egypt made of very hard rock that are so perfectly symmetric that you need a laser to measure the error.
They were made by supernatural beings....Angels. Don't know if they were the good angels or the fallen angels.

Upvote 0

KenJackson

Feb 7, 2018
Maryland
✟20,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They were made by supernatural beings....Angels. Don't know if they were the good angels or the fallen angels.
The pyramids really exist and are a conundrum, well worthy of serious discussion.
But I think we've degenerated to the point of worthless sarcasm.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The pyramids really exist and are a conundrum, well worthy of serious discussion.
But I think we've degenerated to the point of worthless sarcasm.
Ken, who assisted Bezaleel in the building of the Tabernacle?

Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Couldn't He have done the same with Joseph?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're not helping the case for Christ when you engage in such wild superfluous arguments.
Didn't you just say this?
I have a feeling your "serious discussion that helps the cause of Christ" entails putting the pyramids before the Flood, Egypt before the Flood, and whatever else before the Flood that academia can cram in there.

Is this correct?

Upvote 0

KenJackson

Feb 7, 2018
Maryland
✟20,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a feeling your "serious discussion that helps the cause of Christ" entails putting the pyramids before the Flood, Egypt before the Flood, and whatever else before the Flood that academia can cram in there.

Is this correct?
Obviously not. I said the video that started this thread convinced me that the pyramids were built around 2350 BC (see the diagram at 18:04), well after the tower of babel but before Serug, Abraham's great grandfather, was born.

And how could Egypt be before the flood? Everyone on earth descends from Noah and the surface of the earth was almost certainly rearranged beyond all recognition by the flood.

"Serious discussion" might include questioning whether the blocks were cut and transported (transported how?) or poured from slurry in situ? Why are there a few pieces of granite inside? Why are there eight outside surfaces instead of four? Why are the three Giza pyramids laid out like the belt of Orion? Was the exact position on earth of the grand pyramid significant? Was the sphinx built before or after the pyramids? What did the original head of the sphinx look like? Why isn't there any soot inside the pyramids if the only source of light for thousands of years was a flame?

And was Christopher Dunn right? Were they built to produce power? If not, then why oh why were they built?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obviously not. I said the video that started this thread convinced me that the pyramids were built around 2350 BC (see the diagram at 18:04), well after the tower of babel but before Serug, Abraham's great grandfather, was born.
And to do so, it made mincemeat out of the Scriptures by way of the Septuagint.

And that's a dead giveaway that that video is wrong.

Upvote 0

KenJackson

Feb 7, 2018
Maryland
✟20,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And to do so, it made mincemeat out of the Scriptures by way of the Septuagint.

And that's a dead giveaway that that video is wrong.
No it didn't. It made mincemeat of the Jewish fable that Melchizedek was really Shem. That's the 2000 year old lie that purports to prove that the Lord Jesus is not a priest but an unlawful impostor.

But alas, we're engaging in what the Apostle Paul encouraged us not to do.
But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. Titus 3:9
All my life I have wondered why on earth Paul used that word "genealogies". It made no sense. But Nathan's video presents a reasonable explanation for why he said it. Excellent! Another little mystery solved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums