• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Were the Pyramids Built Before the Flood? (Masoretic Text vs. Original Hebrew)

Discussion in 'Creation & Theistic Evolution' started by Nick Moser, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Nick Moser

Nick Moser Member

+178
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Constitution
    This is a video explaining whether or not the Egyptian pyramids were built before the flood of Noah's day. It also deals with issues with the accuracy of the Hebrew Masoretic text verses the Greek Septuagint, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Tower of Babel, the age of the Earth, an extra Cainan in Jesus' genealogy, and the identity of Melchizedek - not in that particular order.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Conclusion:
    The Jews distorted their own Bible in their attempt to disprove Christianity. But it really just made their own religion look stupid. So now it appears that the pyramids were built before the flood, that there wasn't enough time for the Tower of Babel event to have taken place, and that Shem outlived all his sons and grandsons. But thankfully God has preserved His Words in the Greek Septuagint, which was considered the Christian Bible in the days of the early church. And it preserves the original Hebrew...except for when it doesn't (the Greek isn't always perfect either).

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+3,706
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I would say no.

3. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,191
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I personally believe that it was before the flood and part of the reason why God flooded the earth :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“You Were The Anointed Cherub who covers; I established you;
    You Were On The Holy Mountain Of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.

Ezekiel 28:14

Hmmm ......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Nick Moser

Nick Moser Member

+178
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Well in the video they explain how the Septuagint OT chronology (The
    DRB/English Vulgate OT is similar to Brenton's translation of the Septuagint) is different from the Leningrad/Masoretic OT chronology and the Leningrad/Masoretic was corrupted. BTW I linked an Orthodox Christian website. You might be interested to look. I might repost it later albeit I probably already posted about the erroneous Masoretic text

Masoretic Text vs. Original Hebrew ·

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Member

+203
    Italy
    Christian
    Single
    CA-Greens
    My head hurts just watching the video. All those explanations and etc. are only understandable to the narrator. lol

We all know what happens to things when it's submerged in water, what more salty sea water. We all know that the pyramids are not empty. They are full of artifacts, dead kings, dead cats, and mummies. How come they are not water damaged at all. We should see the evidence of it. But, there's none.

So, yes, the pyramids were built after the flood.

Outta here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. KomatiiteBIF

KomatiiteBIF Well-Known Member

+1,827
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Didn't you know that aliens knew how to make the pyramids front doors air tight?