FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Noli: Again, aionios is not a time related word for punishment for zao life, NOT. The beloved St. John clearly defines aionios life. Put on your reading glasses, focus and concentrate>>>

This IS aionios zoe that we may know You the only true God & Jesus Christ...

Noli: You have not been grasping what St John the beloved disciple of our Lord has clearly written regarding aionios. Without consulting one other single source, his definition stands staring us in the face in his Gospel.

But the "other" credible sources (plural) have been presented, if you will only put on your reading glasses. Dr. Marvin Vincent and Canon Farrar & the man of God G. Campbell Morgan are among those witnesses.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Fw: That may be the way you understand it, but desiring something does not bring it to pass.
I don't necessarily understand it in that way.

I was exercising the common vernacular of "want" rather than the use of the actual word "desire" in 1 Tim.2:4 "..God desires all men to be saved.." Specifically because of the objections that people have against the word "desire".

It seems that some people just want to argue no matter what. Here are some verses that use the word "desire" that don't imply something that won't come to pass.

Prov.21:2 states "You have granted him his hearts desire and have not withheld the request of his lips."
Prov.11:23 states "The desire of the righteous ends only in good but the hope of the wicked brings wrath."
Rom.10:1 states "Brothers and sisters, (my heart's desire and prayer to God {see Prov.21:2})
for the Israelites is that they may be saved."​

You equate desire with a wish, an empty wish that has no power. However, the text from 1 John 3 used the word wish
"Beloved above all things I wish that you prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers." (the Greek word for "wish" euchomai indicates to pray).​

I personally prefer the word "pray" because our language defines "wish" as a futile thing.

Heres another-
John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever
you wish, and it will be done for you. (the Greek word for "wish" thelete indicates to will)​

Clearly, it's important to check the original language against a translated word.

Using the word desire from 1 Tim.2:4, wasn't my choice of word. The Greek word "thelei" can also be translated "will".

You should take the time to check the original text before you seek to correct me about the translated word used in the text.
FineLinen said:
The Lord is supreme: He wills all mankind to be saved, and not only saved, made righteous, all of which is reconciliation of all that is out of union and fellowship with Him, the all of ta panta.

Perhaps you also do not undersand the scope of "IN" as well. The day of every being in heaven and earth and the underworld worshipping the Lord is NOT by perfunctory genuflections.
Your description is off. The word feign means "pretense".. meaning that the underworld of demons will bow in pretended worship.. which amounts to feigned obedience.
FineLinen said:
but IN the Name and all that being in the Name of all names entails. There is no buts; it shall be!

Every knee, every tongue, every dimension IN the Name of Jesus Christ: no exceptions!
Exactly. None of wicked will joyfully make confession IN the name of Jesus Christ as their Savior. (that is what "in" implies)
But they will be made to acknowledge that Jesus is LORD of all even though having to rankles them no end.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Were the angels lying?
"The angel said to them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

The angel said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David’s town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master.

Questions
1. Were the angels lying?
2. Is the mega joy announced truly for all people?
3. What does all mean?
Hopefully they weren't lying to Daniel........

Daniel 8:16
And I heard a Man's voice between the banks of the Ulai, who called, and said, “Gabriy'el, make this man understand the vision

Daniel 9:21 While I speaking in prayer and the man<36> Gabriy'el whom I saw in a vision in beginning, fainting in faintness, touching to me as of time<6256> of present-offering<4503> of evening. 22 And he is explaining and speaking with me and saying, "Daniye'l, I now come forth to give intelligence<7919> of thee understanding<998>".

===========================
Malachi 3:1 Behold! sending messenger of Me, and-he paves way before Me
And suddenly the Lord/0113 'adown shall come to His temple of, Whom ye are seeking, and the Messenger of the Covenant, Whom ye delighting. Behold! he comes says Yahweh of Hosts.
2 and who enduring the Day to come of Him................
This story in Luke 1 is truly one of the most awesome chapters in the NT

Gabriel and the father of John the Baptist:

Luke 1:
8And it came to pass, in his acting as priest, in the order of his course before God, 9according to the custom of the priesthood, his lot was to make perfume, having gone into the sanctuary of the Lord, 10and all the multitude of the people were praying without, at the hour of the perfume. 11And there appeared to him a messenger of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of the perfume, 12and Zacharias, having seen, was troubled, and fear fell on him; 13and the messenger said unto him, ‘Fear not, Zacharias, for thy supplication was heard, and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear a son to thee, and thou shalt call his name John, 14and there shall be joy to thee, and gladness, and many at his birth shall joy, 15for he shall be great before the Lord, and wine and strong drink he may not drink, and of the Holy Spirit he shall be full, even from his mother’s womb; 16and many of the sons of Israel he shall turn to the Lord their God, 17and he shall go before Him, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn hearts of fathers unto children, and disobedient ones to the wisdom of righteous ones, to make ready for the Lord, a people prepared.’

18And Zacharias said unto the messenger, ‘Whereby shall I know this? for I am aged, and my wife is advanced in her days?’ 19And the messenger answering said to him, ‘I am Gabriel, who have been standing near before God, and I was sent to speak unto thee, and to proclaim these good news to thee, 20and lo, thou shalt be silent, and not able to speak, till the day that these things shall come to pass, because thou didst not believe my words, that shall be fulfilled in their season.’

Gabriel and Mary:

26And in the sixth month was the messenger Gabriel sent by God, to a city of Galilee, the name of which [is] Nazareth, 27to a virgin, betrothed to a man, whose name [is] Joseph, of the house of David, and the name of the virgin [is] Mary. 28And the messenger having come in unto her, said, ‘Hail, favoured one, the Lord [is] with thee; blessed [art] thou among women;’ 29and she, having seen, was troubled at his word, and was reasoning of what kind this salutation may be. 30And the messenger said to her, ‘Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favour with God; 31and lo, thou shalt conceive in the womb, and shalt bring forth a son, and call his name Jesus; 32he shall be great, and Son of the Highest he shall be called, and the Lord God shall give him the throne of David his father, 33and he shall reign over the house of Jacob to the ages; and of his reign there shall be no end.’ 34And Mary said unto the messenger, ‘How shall this be, seeing a husband I do not know?’ 35And the messenger answering said to her, ‘The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, therefore also the holy-begotten thing shall be called Son of God; 36and lo, Elisabeth, thy kinswoman, she also hath conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month to her who was called barren; 37because nothing shall be impossible with God.’ 38And Mary said, ‘Lo, the maid-servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to thy saying,’ and the messenger went away from her.
==============================
They meet at the Jordan

Jhn 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
Tools

Jhn 1:36
And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!”

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, it was for all people... some just refuse to accept it.
Yes. Matthew 28:19

All means all.
No they weren't lying. They were proclaiming the GOOD NEWS of the GOSPEL!
That The lamb of GOD , the Savior was born to the world, & all who repent of their sins & would believe with Faith in JESUS CHRIST the Son of God who came to pay the debt for our sin will be saved from the wrath of God.
That about sums it up.............To the Jews first, then Gentiles

Mark 13:9
Yet be ye looking out yeselves! For they shall be delivering ye up into Sanhedrins and into Synagogues, and ye shall be being lashed<1194> and upon Governors and Kings to be standing ye on account of Me, into a witness/testimony to them.
Luke 21:12
Yet before all of these, they shall be laying the hands upon ye and shall be persecuting/pursuing ye, delivering ye up into the Synagogues and Jails, being led upon Kings and Governors on account of the Name of Me

Act 9:15
But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.

NKJV
Act 11:18
When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.”

Act 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first;
but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

Act 13:48
Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't necessarily understand it in that way.

I was exercising the common vernacular of "want" rather than the use of the actual word "desire" in 1 Tim.2:4 "..God desires all men to be saved.." Specifically because of the objections that people have against the word "desire".

It seems that some people just want to argue no matter what. Here are some verses that use the word "desire" that don't imply something that won't come to pass.

Prov.21:2 states "You have granted him his hearts desire and have not withheld the request of his lips."
Prov.11:23 states "The desire of the righteous ends only in good but the hope of the wicked brings wrath."
Rom.10:1 states "Brothers and sisters, (my heart's desire and prayer to God {see Prov.21:2})
for the Israelites is that they may be saved."​

You equate desire with a wish, an empty wish that has no power. However, the text from 1 John 3 used the word wish
"Beloved above all things I wish that you prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers." (the Greek word for "wish" euchomai indicates to pray).​

I personally prefer the word "pray" because our language defines "wish" as a futile thing.

Heres another-
John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever
you wish, and it will be done for you. (the Greek word for "wish" thelete indicates to will)​

Clearly, it's important to check the original language against a translated word.

Using the word desire from 1 Tim.2:4, wasn't my choice of word. The Greek word "thelei" can also be translated "will".

You should take the time to check the original text before you seek to correct me about the translated word used in the text.
Your description is off. The word feign means "pretense".. meaning that the underworld of demons will bow in pretended worship.. which amounts to feigned obedience.
Exactly. None of wicked will joyfully make confession IN the name of Jesus Christ as their Savior. (that is what "in" implies)
But they will be made to acknowledge that Jesus is LORD of all even though having to rankles them no end.

Dear FW: The fact is the entire creation of all dimensions of the heavens, earth, and underworld will bow in worship IN/EN His mighty Name. It will NOT be forced, it will come NOT by perfunctory genuflections but out of union with His mighty Name!

I Believe

I believe in "the restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouths of the prophets since the world began." -Acts 3:21-

I believe that the "good tidings of great joy will be to all people." -Luke 2:10

I believe that believers in Christ Jesus are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man, but of God." -John 1:13-

I believe

I believe that God appointed Jesus Christ "heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe." -Hebr. 1:2-

I believe that "no man can come to Christ unless the Father who sent Him draws him." -John 6:44

I believe "God gave Jesus authority over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as God gave him." -John 17:2-

I believe

I believe the Father "has given all things into Jesus' hands." -John 13:3-

I believe that Jesus Christ "was the true light which gives light to every man who come into the world." -John 1:9

I believe that "just as the result of one trespass was condemnation to all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification for all men." -Romans 5:18

I believe one mans sin "brought condemnation for all mankind." -Romans 5: 19-

I believe one mans righteousness brings "right relationship with God, and new life for everyone." -Romans 5:19-

I believe one mans sin made the whole of mankind sinners. I also believe the righteousness of one Man makes the whole of mankind righteous.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear FW: The fact is
What fact?
FineLinen said:
.. the entire creation of all dimensions of the heavens, earth, and underworld will bow in worship. IN/EN His mighty Name. It will NOT be forced, it will come NOT by perfunctory genuflections but out of union with His mighty Name!
If I recall my previous answer to this previously stated post of yours. Is was something along these lines.

I did not imply that the wicked would bow or worship at all. I simply used a scripture of a named or unnamed wicked persons who would at some time, on some occasion "feign obedience". That does not necessarily imply bowing or worshiping God. It merely points out that the wicked will never willfully obey God. Much less bow and worship God. The feign obedience comes from Psalm 81:15 where it also says of them that "they hate the LORD.. their punishment is forever."

That does not match up with your statement that all will willingly bow and worship God.

Even with you reposting your above statement to me, there is still no scriptures to support your statement above so I will have to regard what you've said to be your personal opinion.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What fact?
If I recall my previous answer to this previously stated post of yours. Is was something along these lines.

I did not imply that the wicked would bow or worship at all. I simply used a scripture of a named or unnamed wicked persons who would at some time, on some occasion "feign obedience". That does not necessarily imply bowing or worshiping God. It merely points out that the wicked will never willfully obey God. Much less bow and worship God. The feign obedience comes from Psalm 81:15 where it also says of them that "they hate the LORD.. their punishment is forever."

That does not match up with your statement that all will willingly bow and worship God.

Even with you reposting your above statement to me, there is still no scriptures to support your statement above so I will have to regard what you've said to be your personal opinion.

Dear FW: Perhaps it would be wise for you to examine what being in Christ Jesus means. If you think for a moment the bowing and confession of every being in all dimensions IN/EN the Name of all names is feigned obedience I will take it as your personal opinion.

I will also add that punishment by the Father of all fathers is NOT unending torment, but has a purpose of change and transformation leading to His righteousness.

The polus "made sinners" = the polus "made righteous"

54857-33934-066.jpg

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear FW: Perhaps it would be wise for you to examine what being in Christ Jesus means.
When you claim that all.. even those in the underworld/hell.. will bow and worship God and make confession IN Christ..

It is you that needs to examine what being IN Christ means.

My replies have shown the difference between the believer IN CHRIST versus the unbeliever who is not.
FineLinen said:
If you think for a moment the bowing and confession of every being in all dimensions IN/EN the Name of all names is feigned obedience I will take it as your personal opinion.
You have yet to provide a scriptural verse that supports your statement that "the bowing and confession of every being in all dimensions IN/EN the Name of all names" will happen.

It is because you haven't provided the scripture to prove that it isn't your opinion that I said that I will have to take it as your opinion. Simply provide the scripture instead of giving your opinion of what you think that I said.

A Biblical discussion should not be conducted without Bible verses to support what is said.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When you claim that all.. even those in the underworld/hell.. will bow and worship God and make confession IN Christ..

It is you that needs to examine what being IN Christ means.

Dear FW: It is not saint Linen who claims it. It is none other than the Apostle Saint Paul.

Please follow the bouncing ball>>>

"Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that in the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear FW: It is not saint Linen who claims it. It is none other than the Apostle Saint Paul.

"Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that in the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Dear FW: Never ever limit the God of Glory! His reach goes beyond anything any of us can imagine.

"under the earth"= katachthonios

Katachtonios rooted in chthon

"So that all created beings in heaven and on earth - even those long ago dead and buried - will bow in worship before Jesus Christ."

Rotherham Emphasized=

"In order that, in the name of Jesus, every knee might bow—of beings in heaven, and on earth, and underground,— and, every tongue, might openly confess—that Jesus Christ is, Lord, unto the glory of God the Father."

Jesus Christ ministers to the disobedient dead and the outcome is glorious!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would like to thank Saint Stephen for the following post>>>>

Note on the word "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11 (bold below)

The Strong's definition says, "fully agree... openly (whole-heartedly)... without reservation"

Therefore willingly, not under compulsion, or against ones will.

S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

Philippians 2:10-11
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thank you for posting the scripture from which you have made your statements.

I've since done some research and found online that some Bible scholar commentaries and some other perhaps not so scholarly christians but still having exegetical understanding, have addressed the topic concerning the matter of those under the earth confessing that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

(if requested I will post the url/links next time)

As it turns out they show that what I have said in my posts is not, as you have thought, just my opinion.

I will repeat what I've previously stated. What the wicked confess is that Jesus is Lord, they do so, whether they like it or not., to acknowledge that Jesus has authority over them.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thank you for posting the scripture from which you have made your statements.

I've since done some research and found online that some Bible scholar commentaries and some other perhaps not so scholarly christians but still having exegetical understanding, have addressed the topic concerning the matter of those under the earth confessing that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

(if requested I will post the url/links next time)

As it turns out they show that what I have said in my posts is not, as you have thought, just my opinion.

I will repeat what I've previously stated. What the wicked confess is that Jesus is Lord, they do so, whether they like it or not., to acknowledge that Jesus has authority over them.

Dear FW: The Lord Jesus Christ declares He will draw/ drag off in power/ impel ALL mankind unto Himself. That is what thelo means.

That, my friend, is NOT the meaning regarding the all of ta panta ultimately confessing in worship the Master Lesous.

Every knee, every mouth, every dimension of the heavens, earth & underworld in spontaneous vibrations of worship

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament

Philippians 2:10

That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ina en twi onomati Ihsou pan gonu kampshi).
First aorist active subjunctive of kamptw, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ina. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.

Under the earth (kataxtoniwn).

Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead. Here only in the N.T.

Dr. Marvin Vincent

Philippians 2:10

phi 2:10

At the name of Jesus (ἐν τῷ ὀνόματι)

Rev., better, in the name. The name means here the personal name; but as including all that is involved in the name. See on Mat 28:19. Hence the salutation is not at the name of Jesus, as by bowing when the name is uttered, but, as Ellicott rightly says: "the spiritual sphere, the holy element as it were, in which every prayer is to be offered and every knee to bow." Compare Eph 5:20.

Things in heaven, etc.

Compare Rev 5:13; Eph 1:20, Eph 1:22. The words may apply either to all intelligent beings or to all things. The latter is in accord with Paul's treatment of the creation collectively in Rom 8:19-22, and with the Old-Testament passages, in which all nature is represented as praising God, as Psa 148:1-14; Psa 65:13.

Philippians 2:11

phi 2:11

Confess (ἐξομολογήσεται)

See on Mat 3:6; see on thank, Mat 11:25; see on Rom 14:11. The verb may also be rendered thank, as Mat 11:25; Luk 10:21, that meaning growing out of the sense of open, joyful acknowledgment. The sense here is that of frank, open confession.

To the glory, etc.

Connect with confess.

Philippians 2:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Philippians 2 Commentary - William Barclay's Daily Study Bible

ALL FOR GOD (Philippians 2:5-11 continued)

Philippians 2:11 is one of the most important verses in the New Testament. In it we read that the aim of God, is a day when every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. These four words were the first creed that the Christian Church ever had. To be a Christian was to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (compare Romans 10:9). This was a simple creed, yet all-embracing. Perhaps we would do well to go back to it. Later men tried to define more closely what it meant and argued and quarrelled about it, calling each other heretics and fools. But it is still true that if man can say, "For me Jesus Christ is Lord," he is a Christian. If he can say that, he means that for him Jesus Christ is unique and that he is prepared to give him an obedience he is prepared to give no one else. He may not be able to put into words who and what he believes Jesus to be; but, so long as there is in his heart this wondering love and in his life this unquestioning obedience, he is a Christian, because Christianity consists less in the mind's understanding than it does in the heart's love.

So we come to the end of this passage; and, when we come to its end, we come back to its beginning. The day will come when men will call Jesus Lord, but they will do so to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"And all mankind (all flesh) will see/ shall see God's salvation."

"The Lord will be terrible unto them; for He will famish all the gods of the earth, and men shall worship Him, every one from his place and all the isles of the heathen." -Zeph. 2:11-

"Men shall worship Him"

"Every one"

"From his place"

"And all the isles of the heathen"

Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out all My burning anger; for all the earth will be devoured by the fire of My zeal. -Zeph. 3:8,9

The purpose of our Lord's burning anger, and zeal, and devouring? =

"For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, that all of them may call upon the Name of the Lord, to serve Him with one consent (shoulder to shoulder).

Our Lord declares through His prophet that He will bring all men, "all of them", to worship Him with one consent, from their place, as He purifies lips by His burning fire, to call upon Him.

"The Lord of Hosts will make unto all peoples a feast of rich food, a banquet of matured wine well refined. And He will destroy the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God shall wipe away tears from off all faces;....for the Living Life has spoken it.

All men, even the isles of the "heathen" serving the Lord shoulder to shoulder! The veil, covering "all people", and "all nations, destroyed. Swallowing up death in nothing short of victory! Tears wiped away from "all faces." The One who endorses such statements? = The Living Life who has spoken it!

"I will gather the lame, and gather the outcasts, even those whom I have afflicted...and the Lord shall reign over them in Mount Zion from now on and forever.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Men lie. They bring false teachings, false gospels, and false everything.
Angels that fell lie. No reason to trust them.
Yahuweh's Angels /Messengers/ Servants don't lie. But men reporting them(what anyone says) in anything may lie, and do every day when false gospels are promoted by them.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Men lie. They bring false teachings, false gospels, and false everything.
Angels that fell lie. No reason to trust them.
Yahuweh's Angels /Messengers/ Servants don't lie. But men reporting them(what anyone says) in anything may lie, and do every day when false gospels are promoted by them.
Gotta test them spirits..........
I love this event in Kings:

1 Kings 22:
12All the other prophets were prophesying the same thing. “Attack Ramoth Gilead and be victorious,” they said, “for the Lord will give it into the king’s hand.”
13The messenger who had gone to summon Micaiah said to him, “Look, the other prophets without exception are predicting success for the king. Let your word agree with theirs, and speak favorably.”
14But Micaiah said, “As surely as the Lord lives, I can tell him only what the Lord tells me.”
15When he arrived, the king asked him, “Micaiah, shall we go to war against Ramoth Gilead, or not?”
“Attack and be victorious,” he answered, “for the Lord will give it into the king’s hand.”
16The king said to him, “How many times must I make you swear to tell me nothing but the truth in the name of the Lord?”
17Then Micaiah answered, “I saw all Israel scattered on the hills like sheep without a shepherd, and the Lord said, ‘These people have no master. Let each one go home in peace.’ ”

18The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Didn’t I tell you that he never prophesies anything good about me, but only bad?”
19Micaiah continued, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. 20And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?’
“One suggested this, and another that. 21Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’

22“ ‘By what means?’ the Lord asked.

“ ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,’ he said.
“ ‘You will succeed in enticing him,’ said the Lord. ‘Go and do it.’
23“So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”

37So the king died and was brought to Samaria, and they buried him there. 38They washed the chariot at a pool in Samaria (where the prostitutes bathed), b and the dogs licked up his blood, as the word of the Lord had declared.

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The angel said to them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

Fear not= phobeō mē

Glad tidings = euaggelizō

Great = megas

Joy = chara

Shall be = esomai

To all people = pas laos

The angel said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David’s town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The angel said to them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

Fear not= phobeō mē

Glad tidings = euaggelizō

Great = megas

Joy = chara

Shall be = esomai

To all people = pas laos

Dear Angels: Could you be wrong? Are you sure the pas laos are to fear not? Perhaps only some of us should fear not? Are you, the angelic host of the Lord God of glory sure this glad message of glad tidings of megas joy is meant for everybody worldwide?

Upvote 0