welp, my husband learned a response good lesson about why perceptions do matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It looks like things with my husband's crazy behavior is finally going to calm down. Over the weekend he learned a darn good lesson why it is important to be mindful of the way people perceive you and he is finally realizing that it is not in his best interests for everyone to think he is a no goodnick. He just got super insanely lucky that teenagers are dumb and are crappy lairs.
It turned out my 18 year old niece has/had an EXTREMELY unhealthy obsession with my husband. Her mother, my sister in law, discovered a tattoo she apparently had on the inside of her thigh. It was a Harp of Aaron (my niece is of Irish heritage) superimposed on the Nationalist Chinese white sun emblem. This was concerning/problematic because 1) tattoos are sort of frowned upon in my extended family and more seriously 2)my husband has the same white sun emblem tattooed onto his right shoulder. Seeing as how my nieces tattoo was in a rather intimate place, and the context of the imagery is rather intimate too and coupled with the fact that my sister in law is already not happy with the influence my husband has had on her children this lead to a rather heated family discussion.
The discovery of the tattoo led my sister in law to scrutinize every one of my niece's social media posts, her diaries, and pretty much all her "art" and angsty teenage "poetry". Apparently my niece had written volumes of accounts of sexual leaisions she had had with my husband beginning from when she was 14. In addition she mused in extent about the day my husband leaves "my fat ass" and runs away with her.
Naturally my sister in law was taken aback by the discovery and took immediate action. My husband and I found out about this at 10 pm on Friday when my sister in law arrived at our home with a box of journals and the police. This was an extremely uncomfortable and scary situation as neither of us had any idea what was going on, and due to the previous interactions my husband had had with local law enforcement, the deputies were not exactly "kind" to us.
My husband was just super lucky that we were able to immediately refute some of the most outlandish scenarios due the fact that dates and times made certain alleged leaisions impossible. She documented a three month period where she would skip school in order to spend time with my husband but that period wasin the middle of a 6 month stint when my husband and I were living in the UAE for his job. In another "musing" she reminisced about how she loved my husband's truck because that's where she was deflowered at the tender age of 14. In this entry she reminisced about how my husband offered her a ride in his brand new truck and how she remembered how it smelt and how the new fabric felt on her skin, blah blah blah. The police officer read this disgusting drivel and it was so incredibly embarrassing. That is when my husband pointed out that his truck is 1) a 2010 there by making him 17 and her 11 when it was "brand new"
2)he bought the truck second hand while he was co-oping in California when he was 19 and didn't come back to Texas until he was 20, therefore the was no way my niece would have even rode in that vehicle when it was new or even new to my husband.
Anyways, after the police and my sister in law left we had a long talk about the importance of perceptions. And it seems he understands how this situation, regardless of the fact that he is completely innocent could have been much worse and that he would most likely not have received the benefit of the doubt due to his behavior.

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>
Pray for my niece and her family. She needs help. For my husband and I this was a good kick in the ass to demonstrate why one shouldn't act like a jackass. Cause being a jackass makes people believe worst about you. Don't be worried about us, my hubby isn't in any trouble my sister in law did concede that it is virtually impossible for any of this to have happened once actual dates were compared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>
She seemed perfectly fine all her life. I really really don't know. She did like hanging out here a lot. I don't know about mentally unstable but she has always been unique. She is really into anime, sci-fy, vampires and stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray for my niece and her family. She needs help. For my husband and I this was a good kick in the ass to demonstrate why one shouldn't act like a jackass. Cause being a jackass makes people believe worst about you. Don't be worried about us, my hubby isn't in any trouble my sister in law did concede that it is virtually impossible for any of this to have happened once actual dates were compared.

Cut all ties with your niece and her family NOW.

Upvote 0

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It must have been so scary when the police arrived! I hope your niece gets the help she needs. In your situation, I would seriously consider moving. I would want a fresh start in a new town several hours away, where no one knew me.
You have no idea! My first thought was oh lord what had he done now. But like I said a silver lining is he is startingto understand why perceptions matter. I told him that although the facts prove him completely innocent,because of his actions my first thought when I saw the cruisers was that he must gave committed another crime.

Upvote 0

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"I love you but your daughter is toxic and very nearly destroyed our lives. We can't have her near us ever again."
That has already been said to both my brother (step dad)and sister in law. My father actually owns the house they live in and my dad eaves my brother to kick it my niece since she is 18 now. My sister in law,although she concedes that this stuff almost certainly didn't happen she blames my husband and thinks it's his fault that her daughter developed this unhealthy obsession. However she and my brother want my husband to appeal to my father to allow the daughter to stay in the house.
My husband doesn't hold any ill will towards my niece and brother buthad become even more hostile towards my sister in law to the point where he told my brother that he will pay for a fancy dinner for my brother and his mistress if they do it on top of my sister in law's wedding dress.

Upvote 0

akmom

Jun 13, 2012
U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This was discovered while sifting through your niece's private diary?

That's kind of akin to a person's private thoughts, and while not appropriate, I don't see how it is anyone's business what her obsessions are if she did not actually willingly share them with anyone. She's 18 and deserves privacy... in respect to her diary and her body (tattoo). What a time to be thrown out of the house... 18 years old. Not to mention her humiliation. How sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

That's kind of akin to a person's private thoughts, and while not appropriate, I don't see how it is anyone's business what her obsessions are if she did not actually willingly share them with anyone. She's 18 and deserves privacy... in respect to her diary and her body (tattoo). What a time to be thrown out of the house... 18 years old. Not to mention her humiliation. How sad.
This is an issue between her and her mom and I guess my dad since he owns the house. We don't really have a dog in that hunt. I didn't discover any of this, unless you count being surprised by the police and my sister in law at my home to be a "discovery". My husband and I learned about all of this at the same time in or living room in front of 4 deputies. We don't want her to visit us (at our house)any longer because of the uncomfortable situation. I don't know if these things are just her fantasies or if she honestly believes them to have happened in her mind but frankly I don't care it is not my business. I have not actually spoken to her since the incident nor do I care to, but according to my sister in law (when she came over with the police no less) her daughter "confessed" that these things actually happened despite the logistical impossibility. So I guess her mom invading her privacy was wrong, but that is not my issue. The fact that she lied to her mom about incidents which would most certainly harm the character and reputation of my husband, I feel I am justified in prohibiting her from my home.

Upvote 0

akmom

Jun 13, 2012
U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You can prohibit anyone from your home if you want. It's your home. But it sounds like a lot of he-said-she-said regarding what your sister-in-law thinks about the contents of the diary. Maybe the niece meant that parts were true... mundane parts, possibly. Who knows? I don't think you really know whether she insisted that the scandalous bits were true. It must have been shocking to read, for the mother, so I am not surprised she called police and demanded answers. But really it was unacceptable to invade her privacy and then go exposing all those private details to the whole family. What a crappy mother.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh, come on, akmom, if you suspected your child had been sexually abused, would you not investigate and act on what you found?

I don't think that's a crappy mother. I think that's someone who's learned that too often these things have been ignored/swept under the carpet.

Yes, okay, it wasn't true in this case, but should it really have been ignored?

Upvote 0

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the niece meant that parts were true... mundane parts, possibly. Who knows?
There is no maybe when she signs an afadavit to the police.
I don't think that's a crappy mother. I think that's someone who's learned that too often these things have been ignored/swept under the carpet.

Yes, okay, it wasn't true in this case, but should it really have been ignored?
Let's not forget the real victim who was subject to false abuse allagation. The detective in charge wants my husband to file charges in response to this incident. He seems rather ambivalent but frankly I want him to do so.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

18......lol my house is a little different. If you live off of me you answer to me. I could careless how old the person is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
18......lol my house is a little different. If you live off of me you answer to me. I could careless how old the person is.
Yup, that's why my dad, the guy whom owns that house wants my brother to kick her out. I am still trying to convince my husband to file charges but he is reluctant. He doesn't care to file charges on my niece but wants to file them on my sister in law,however the police say that it is not possible.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yup, that's why my dad, the guy whom owns that house wants my brother to kick her out. I am still trying to convince my husband to file charges but he is reluctant. He doesn't care to file charges on my niece but wants to file them on my sister in law,however the police say that it is not possible.
File charges on a little kid that probably suffers from some sort of trauma or mental illness. When my business slowed down I actually started to teach at an alternative school. Majority of the children that behave in that manner typically had abandonment issues, were sexually abused or have mental issues that were never addressed young enough to correct.

Only time I call the police is to protect my family and myself. You take a child like that and you place them in an institution and you are creating an institutionalized individual. Mental illness and incarceration do not benefit the sick.

She needs to see her primary care giver and be given a referel to get her head checked out.

That's why it's good to read these things and not have privacy so you attack it earlier.

The fact that she described it was alarming....the details were concerning......my prediction is these things did happen just not the way she wanted to. She took a sexual assault and normalized it.

Upvote 0

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The fact that she described it was alarming....the details were concerning......my prediction is these things did happen just not the way she wanted to. She took a sexual assault and normalized it.
Totally impossible. She described 3 incidents on the afidavit to the police and each of these were logistically impossible. The one where she claimed to lose her virginity in the truck, my husband was living in California at the time and didn't have the vehicle yet. Where she described late afternoon leaisions while she was an hs sophomore, both my husband and I were living in UAE at the time, and the one where she described a fishing trip that lead to skinny dipping, also impossible because that trip occurred in December, her step dad was there so was her sister and it was in the low 50's.
I spoke to my sister in law about the possibility of criminal charges and she claims that her daughter conceded that she may have "dreamed" some of these things.
My sister in law is still convinced that it is my husband's rebellious spirit that my niece became infatuated with so this is his fault.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Totally impossible. She described 3 incidents on the afidavit to the police and each of these were logistically impossible. The one where she claimed to lose her virginity in the truck, my husband was living in California at the time and didn't have the vehicle yet. Where she described late afternoon leaisions while she was an hs sophomore, both my husband and I were living in UAE at the time, and the one where she described a fishing trip that lead to skinny dipping, also impossible because that trip occurred in December, her step dad was there so was her sister and it was in the low 50's.
I spoke to my sister in law about the possibility of criminal charges and she claims that her daughter conceded that she may have "dreamed" some of these things.
My sister in law is still convinced that it is my husband's rebellious spirit that my niece became infatuated with so this is his fault.
It's to detailed....i think it certainly happened but like I said probably not the way she described. I think she was sexual assaulted, I think your husband has that bad boy image and she took her trauma and "dreamed" up a more romantic version of the trauma to cope....it happens a lot.

Even the infatuation seems a little strange. I've had cool aunts and cousins but I've never developed a crush. It's abnormal behavior and a big read flag.

Either she has chemical issues or someone sexually assaulted and instead of dealing with she created another reality. The origin of a lot of mental illness is trauma.

If that's your niece why do that? It's not like she tried to kill you over money....she's sick.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.