welp, my husband learned a response good lesson about why perceptions do matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtBen

To Serve and Protect
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
Western NC, USA
✟53,005.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know about anyone else, but the way my wife cooks, I can't move after one of her wonderful dinners.

If she wanted to make love right after dinner, I'd cry.

Pain -- NO. I got slashed up by a knife-wielding thug last year and received a pile of stitches. My wife and I were dating (no sex before marriage) and she was afraid to hold my hand. I said that was fine, but stay away from my chest and upper arms, meaning no hugs.

I agree with @Poppyseed78 there. The issue with the niece was one thing, but this? I guess we could have done without it, right?

It does sound abusive and harmful.

Upvote 0

lambkisses

Dec 13, 2016
usa
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I see now, when I disapprove of things which are specifically mentioned as wrong by scripture, you know like tax evasion, theft, failure to help ones fellow man; it is right to criticize me for being too judgemental. However it is more than appropriate to be judgemental towards my sexual fetishes which are neither implicitly nor explicitly prohibited by scripture. That is very interesting. This is very good to know that there are some things specifically prohibited in scripture yet are no big deal and in fact it is wrong to offer any admonishment and at the same time there are things that are not prohibited by scripture but are just wrong BECAUSE.
I am starting to see why my husband doesn't like other Christians. It seems to shine Christianity is used as a thin veil to cover ones own prejudices.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tax evasion, theft, and indifference toward others are all wrong.

But there are other things that are also wrong. I'm encouraging you to do some reflection. See if, perhaps, your husband's flippant attitude toward tax evasion is related to his mindset about the degrading things he does to you sexually. If perhaps his disregard for the law goes hand in hand with his disregard for your well-being.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, if you didn't want it open for public scrutiny, you shouldn't have mentioned it. As you said yourself, perceptions do matter.

Context matters too. I'm not usually one to comment on what married couples choose to do in the privacy of their own homes. But in light of everything else you said, it raises some concerns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akmom

Jun 13, 2012
U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think, Lambkisses, that the things you are describing are addressed in scripture, but without the same terminology. Scripture addresses gluttony and violence, and it also establishes marriage as a picture of Christ's relationship with the church. What you describe does not sound like this. It frankly sounds unhealthy, and other posters are explaining why out of a concern for your deeper welfare.

Note that when the Pharisees asked Jesus about taxes, it was not a genuine question. It was supposed to be a trap. They wanted him to pick sides so that they could either accuse him of being on the Romans' side (oppressors of the Jews) or accuse him of promoting lawlessness... it was a lose/lose question, but he actually gave them a really clever answer. He didn't say, "Render under Caesar what is Caesar's in order to please God." He said, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's." He separated the issues. Should we pay taxes? Of course you pay taxes, they knew already. Whether that had any bearing on our relationship with God is what He answered. It doesn't. God is interested in us doing what he has called us to do, whether we pay our taxes is a secular issue. It doesn't define our righteousness. So do we pay taxes? Yes, that is a societal expectation and God is not promising to deliver us from the consequences of refusing, but he is also not particularly invested in that issue (as I understand it, anyway).

• Agree
Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

sparkle123

Site Supporter
May 1, 2015
✟64,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 1:24-31

Titus 3:3-5

I think bdsm is implicitly condemned as a perversion and an idol. I think it's weird you would come onto a Christian forum and get offended when Christians express concern for your lifestyle. Even many non-Christians would find "feederism" disturbing. You are hurting yourself and playing a dangerous game you might not be able to control (with your husbands psychological cruelty). Your husband is humiliating you in and out of the bedroom. Honestly, it's uncertain what went on between him and the girl. But anyway, this does sort of seem like trolling, so I'll stop now.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mod-hat-jpg.188216

Mod Hat ON

This thread is closed for review. Please stand by.

Mod Hat OFF

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
MOD HAT ON
Thread is now permanently closed due to repeated vulgar posts and flaming
In future refer to the Sitewide Rules if you are unsure about what you are posting
Have a good day
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.