Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Let me start by saying mutations was not in the process of forming Adam.

After the fall mutations began to corrupt the human DNA.

Of course you have documentation for all of this?

Why did God go through the process of Creating, when all the while He knew they would fall, and therefore cause the Mutations to appear, thus effectively changing His Creation into something not at all resembling the beginning product (Adam)?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That's what God said, anyway.

I don't believe God spoke to Adam in English, as you might.

Neither. You're assuming that Adam was like God, but just less. You've demoted God to a mere being, rather than the omnipotent Creator of the universe.

Adam was Created like God, in His Image, never did I say Adam was less.

God is the Omnipotent Creator of the Universe, but you seem to believe He screwed up somewhere and things switched to evolution and solved all of the mistakes He made.

Not according to Genesis.

Can't go with any of your interpretation, understanding, or beliefs concerning Genesis.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, let's run through the math for you, again...

The formula for genetic information is:
View attachment 280870
Where H is the information, and p(x) is the frequency of a given allele in the population genome.

So let's take a simple case that's easy to follow. Suppose a given population has two alleles for a specific gene, each with a frequency of 0.5. (I can make it more complex for you, if you like). Plugging into the Shannon formula, that would be the negative value of 0.5 times the log of 0.5, all multiplied by 2.

Or about...

Now suppose a random mutation produces a third allele. And (to make the calculation simpler for you) suppose eventually all three alleles have a frequency of about 0.333..

Now, the information is about...

An increase in information. But then you already knew that. I've shown you this before.

....Now suppose a random mutation produces.

Please...real situations .

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God says the Earth brought forth living things. Apparently, He thought it was a good idea. I guess He never thought to ask you for your opinion.

It's pretty obvious God didn't create man in his own image via the monkeys.

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course you have documentation for all of this?

Why did God go through the process of Creating, when all the while He knew they would fall, and therefore cause the Mutations to appear, thus effectively changing His Creation into something not at all resembling the beginning product (Adam)?

Adam fell in the garden and was cursed?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Adam fell in the garden and was cursed?

Did the curse come directly from God for Adams breaking of the Command, (do not eat), or was the curse already in the Tree to begin with, sot of like
"the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is a CURSE unto itself."

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's pretty obvious God didn't create man in his own image via the monkeys.

Monkeys are too evolved in their own direction to have given rise to man. I never could figure out how creationsts came up with that one.

And of course, for a Christian, the "image" of God is not a physical one. As Jesus says, God is a spirit. And Jesus says a spirit has no body.

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
....Now suppose a random mutation produces.

You're denying mutations happen? Seriously?

Please...real situations .

OK. The information for a given gene in a population is:
iu

Where H is the information and p is the variable for the frequencies of each allele in the population.

Let's take a man and a woman, in village in Italy in 1780. They have different alleles for the apolipoprotein Apo-1 protein. They comprise a breeding population, being man and wife.

They have a son, Giovanni, who has a mutation for a third version of the protein, which happens to confer immunity to arteriosclerosis.

So before his birth the information for the Apo-1 gene in that population was about 0.30. After his birth, it was about 0.48. If they all happened to have the same allele for that gene, the information would then be 0.0. Can you see why?

And yes, this is a real case; we know precisely the family and the person in which this mutation happened in 1780.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums