Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So what about alerts showing up in my private email - the same ones I've already read on this site. Some days there are pages of them to delete. I want that invasion of my private space to end. So how?

I was referring to this: You can turn them off in your preferences and then delete existing ones in your watched threads section.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was referring to this: You can turn them off in your preferences and then delete existing ones in your watched threads section.

Thanks, I changed it in preferences. Why didn't anyone tell me that when I asked days ago? Never mind, you can't answer that.

I'm already a supporter and don't get ads. How much more for Premium and what is the difference and benefits between the two.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be good if they added more words to the (Bless, do not curse) thing. Like when you swear it says that in the post. I heard some words like even saying "OM*" is considered breaking rules. Maybe add those words to that too so we don't have to worry about if we say something we didn't even know was considered bad langauge.

Upvote 0

jerrygab2

Oct 14, 2016
on a computer
✟30,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the new Christian Forums style. We just put it live and will be fine tuning things a bit. Let us know if you see any issues or find something that looks off.
I like it. I think it's much prettier than before, thank you

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's good! Thanks!!! :) I hope it will work out soon because I use smilies quite a lot to convey emotion which is otherwise lacking in words, so of course they are very useful in that regard. :)
You know what, I have a list of some of the fancier Unicode smilies for use when more graphics-rich options are unavailable (or just when I'm in a Unicode kinda mood :D). I'll post them below for you (and anyone else interested) to copy and use (I'm assuming these'll work on Profile messages):

Unicode Smilies List

❂‿❂ (smile)
◕ ◡ ◕ (smile)
◔‿◔ (rolleyes smile)
◕‿◕ (bigeye smile)
•ᴗ• (smile)
•‿• (smile)
ツ (smile)
◠‿◠ (happy)
(´ー`) (content)
≖◡≖ (devious)
☯‿☯ (peace)
(゚ー゚) (cool)
◑‿◐ (crosseyed)
ʘ‿ʘ (wired)

̄ー ̄ (smug)
◡‿◡ (happy)

̄‿ ̄ (serene)
¬‿¬ (sideways glance)
^ᴗ^ (squee);
-ᴗ• (wink)
-‿• (wink)

◡‿◕ (wink)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (shrugs)

Unhappy
ಠ╭╮ಠ (frown)
⋋_⋌ (frustrated)
ఠ_ఠ (frustrated)
ಠ_ಠ (annoyed)
ಠ_ರೃ (dignified)
ಠ益ಠ (rage)
◕︵◕ (sad)
◉︵◉ (really sad)
ಠ_ಠ (disapprove)
ಢ_ಢ (crying)
ಥ_ಥ (crying)
(。・_・。) (blush)
♥╭╮♥ (lovesick)
☼_☼ (starstruck)
♨_♨ (CAN’T UNSEE)
¬_¬ (sideglance)
⌒_⌒ (ugh)
⊙﹏⊙ (oops)

Suspicious / Questioning

TM ™
ಠ~ಠ (hrm…)
ఠ_ఠ (o rly?)
๏_๏ (stare)
◉_◉ (stare)
◔_◔ (rolleyes)
≖_≖ (I see what you did there)

Shock / Surprise

⊙︿⊙ (shocked)
°o° (shocked)
( ゚o゚) (surprised)
⊙_ʘ (surprised / oh really)
˚▱˚ (gasp)
⊙▂⊙ (gasp)
⊙▃⊙ (bigger gasp)

Deadpan / Stare

•_• (deadpan)
⊙_☉ (deadpan)
◕_◕ (bigeye neutral)
◉_◉ (wha?)
◎_◎ (trance)
◍_◍ (what if I told you....);

Derpy

◐‿◑ (derpy)
◴_◶ (herp derp)
◔◡◉ (Derpy)
(◉◡◔) (derpy happy)
⊙_ʘ (crazy/wonky)

-

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
One thing I just noticed when I clicked on "New Watched Posts" is how many threads XenForo thinks I'm watching. There's still that little eyeball icon next to threads that I have not chosen to watch.

-

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
One thing I just noticed when I clicked on "New Watched Posts" is how many threads XenForo thinks I'm watching. There's still that little eyeball icon next to threads that I have not chosen to watch.

-

I believe this pulls from here as well https://www.christianforums.com/watched/threads/all

You will need to unwatch any threads there that you are no longer interested in. Also take time to review your preferences to make sure you do not have auto watching threads you reply to enabled.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe this pulls from here as well https://www.christianforums.com/watched/threads/all

You will need to unwatch any threads there that you are no longer interested in. Also take time to review your preferences to make sure you do not have auto watching threads you reply to enabled.
I double-checked that, and there are threads I was never involved with that are coming up as being watched. It's not a CF-specific problem, though; another XenForo forum I'm on does the exact same thing. It's not a huge problem, just interesting. :)

-

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I double-checked that, and there are threads I was never involved with that are coming up as being watched. It's not a CF-specific problem, though; another XenForo forum I'm on does the exact same thing. It's not a huge problem, just interesting. :)

-

Odd. The only way I can see that happening is if the threads are in a forum you are watching here: https://www.christianforums.com/watched/forums

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Odd. The only way I can see that happening is if the threads are in a forum you are watching here: https://www.christianforums.com/watched/forums
Oh okay I think I see what you're saying. Basically any thread appearing in a sub-forum that I'm watching will also be automatically listed as a Watched Thread because of it being in a Watched Sub-forum. If that's the case, then it makes sense.

-

Reactions: Brent W
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh okay I think I see what you're saying. Basically any thread appearing in a sub-forum that I'm watching will also be automatically listed as a Watched Thread because of it being in a Watched Sub-forum. If that's the case, then it makes sense.

-

Exactly

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I JUST noticed that when looking at a forum listing.....if you click on your avatar (on the threads you posted in).....it gives you a LIST of your replies....not just the number and date of when your last post was.

That is awesome :clap:

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I JUST noticed that when looking at a forum listing.....if you click on your avatar (on the threads you posted in).....it gives you a LIST of your replies....not just the number and date of when your last post was.

That is awesome :clap:

That has been a feature for awhile now. Glad you found it :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I like the super fast zip arrow on the right to take me to the top of the page.

Is it feasible to add a down arrow as well?

I can

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private