Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Or if you have one of those old projection screen TVs, you could hook your computer up to it, pull up this site, and use it for a floodlight for your driveway.

Extra security, you know.

Just kidding folks! But it is pretty bright. I turned down the brightness on my laptop a while ago.

LOL!

I can't find a brightness control.....

• Informative
Reactions: Matthew-59
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did contact XenForo and they said the only way around it is actually having the forum owners make changes or add things. I did ask on the Chrome forums if they knew of an extension that would let me change the colors/skin/theme (just for me of course) and they said there are some but most don't work right, are outdated and almost none work with XenForo.

I did find one that works sort of:
Stylish - Custom themes for any website

Again its an extension for Chrome. Problem is while it works with lots of big sites and changes the theme for you, there are none for this forum. However if your good at HTML stuff you can create one through it and upload it. Then others (like me) can use the theme you create!

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the new look overall. :) It feels fresh and modern. I noticed the coloured bars are a nice, rich teal on my ipad, but are more of a blue colour on my laptop. That's ok, though. Thanks so much for all the work you put into the site, Brent. Awesome! :)

Reactions: Brent W
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Coming out very, very, VERY bright white on my computer screen. I mean, like, snow-blind white. Becomes tolerable if I decrease the brightness on my laptop down to about 60%. Is there any way to ecru it up a little?

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can we have at least another choice?
All the white and light blue are distracting......
And I appreciate all your hard work Brent, God bless you, but that li'l "church" icon at the top left corner........
ummmmm, can it disappear?
Can we have at least one more choice?
Please?
(What is WITH that li'l church icon?)
C'mon, must i look at that?
^_^ :hug:

Come on Brinny, you'll see, your gonna end up loving that lil' ol' church. Full of symbolism :amen:

For any one who has Firefox, the screen dimmer add on they provide works just fine. Downloaded it, rebooted and hiked the dark grey setting up to a pleasant off-white and here we are. I can adjust the brightness any time with a couple or three clicks. They suggest sending the developer a small amount of financial encouragement, will do.
I could have lived with the whiter than white but you know energy consumption, save the planet and all that stuff.

@Brent - thanks for all you do. Yea it's it's brighter, fresher. Pity the 'creative' option has gone from the rating icons :)
So what's next, swimming pool, on suite jacuzzis, room service?
><>

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I did contact XenForo and they said the only way around it is actually having the forum owners make changes or add things. I did ask on the Chrome forums if they knew of an extension that would let me change the colors/skin/theme (just for me of course) and they said there are some but most don't work right, are outdated and almost none work with XenForo.

I did find one that works sort of:
Stylish - Custom themes for any website

Again its an extension for Chrome. Problem is while it works with lots of big sites and changes the theme for you, there are none for this forum. However if your good at HTML stuff you can create one through it and upload it. Then others (like me) can use the theme you create!
Oh yes, I've used Stylish (though lately I've been having trouble with it). It's great, though, if you can get it to work! I discovered it through an older thread from back when CF was first transferred onto XenForo: Custom, easy-reading themes for CF (New Colors!)

-

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! Ok, but i would prefer something else. :D

So what would you prefer,I think it would be cool if they changed the icon around the seasons,a bunny for spring,a clover for st patricks day etc.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So what would you prefer,I think it would be cool if they changed the icon around the seasons,a bunny for spring,a clover for st patricks day etc.

i was thinkin' more in terms of a lighthouse.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Light of the world; a beacon; etc.
Kinda like an "everlovin' shiner of light in dark places". :D Great idea! :oldthumbsup:
I guess I'll ask this again....
Can smilies in Visitor Messages be made available like we use to have a couple of years ago?

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can smilies in Visitor Messages be made available like we use to have a couple of years ago?

It isn't planned anytime soon. I will keep it on the list though should something come up to make it easy to add.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Kinda like an "everlovin' shiner of light in dark places". :D Great idea! :oldthumbsup:
I guess I'll ask this again....

Hey that sounds familiar :D

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matthew-59

Space Invader
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
✟252,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It isn't planned anytime soon. I will keep it on the list though should something come up to make it easy to add.
That's good! Thanks!!! :) I hope it will work out soon because I use smilies quite a lot to convey emotion which is otherwise lacking in words, so of course they are very useful in that regard. :)

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Don't know if anyone mentioned it but when you get an alert while typing, the "x" is no longer there to delete it. You just have to stop typing and wait till it disappears.

I love the larger width to type on and read.

I still don't want the alerts to show up AGAIN in my private email. Is that going to stop ever? I've asked, just still getting them.

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Don't know if anyone mentioned it but when you get an alert while typing, the "x" is no longer there to delete it. You just have to stop typing and wait till it disappears.

I love the larger width to type on and read.

I still don't want the alerts to show up AGAIN in my private email. Is that going to stop ever? I've asked, just still getting them.
You can turn them off in your preferences and then delete existing ones in your watched threads section.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You can turn them off in your preferences and then delete existing ones in your watched threads section.

I don't want to turn them off. I like to know when I'm typing that an alert is coming through, but before, there was an "x" to delete it right away instead of having to wait.......

So what about alerts showing up in my private email - the same ones I've already read on this site. Some days there are pages of them to delete. I want that invasion of my private space to end. So how?

Upvote 0