Welcome to all New Members (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jochanaan

Aug 24, 2005
✟16,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Hello, gsmith. As you see, I am new here myself; but I can sympathize with you. I myself have gone through times when I questioned God's existence and His love for us; but He has reassured me of His existence and goodness.

gsmith03 said:
... I do not understand why God would create in us a mind capable of thinking things through and rationalizing, but then give us a book of rules to govern every aspect of our lives.

Perhaps that is merely the way you were taught to look at it. I do not see the Bible as a book of rules, though; there are some rules, but we are also encouraged to "...work out your own salvation..." (Philippians 2:12) The Bible is history, poetry, prophecy (and some of that prophecy reads like science fiction!:) ), and simple good advice. Some of the Psalms are so honest they're painful: "Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me." (Psalm 69:1-2) I read the Bible again and again because it tells the greatest, most dramatic, most uplifting story anyone has ever told: the Gospel of Jesus of Nazareth, our Savior and King. That's more important to me than any book of rules could ever be.

Again, welcome.

Reactions: Unicorn1984
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pumpkinking

Sep 1, 2005
Southern California
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it appears there is much to explore before I can even begin to participate, but I thought I'd step in here and make myself a nametag! Once I get my feet, I look forward to getting to know a few folks...

"Hello, My name is Jay." :cool:

Upvote 0

LilAngel588

Sep 2, 2005
✟15,159.00
Faith
Baptist
I am so happy to join a group of like minded people that all are one in faith in our wonderful God. I hope to find harmony and grace among a strong community of friends that know what trust and love for God can do to change the world. Praise Jesus for places like this. May you all be blessed and I thank you for letting me into your community. My name is Debra, I look forward to our time together in worship of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LilAngel588 said:
I am so happy to join a group of like minded people that all are one in faith in our wonderful God. I hope to find harmony and grace among a strong community of friends that know what trust and love for God can do to change the world. Praise Jesus for places like this. May you all be blessed and I thank you for letting me into your community. My name is Debra, I look forward to our time together in worship of the Lord.

Hi Debra :wave:

Make your way over to the Baptist/ Anabaptist forum and introduce yourself!

BTW, check your guestbook!

diane

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.