Wealthiest Americans will save $198,000 a year if YOU lose your healthcare!

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,093,483.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
a repeal of the ACA would bring a major tax cut for the richest Americans. According to research from the Tax Policy Center (TPC), the top 0.1% would receive a tax cut of $198,250 per year while the top 1% of Americans would see a tax cut of $32,370. (The Center for American Progress (CAP) came to a similar conclusion, citing the TPC data.)

Now you know who your red-state Attorney Generals, President Trump, and conservative Supreme Court justices are working for. You? Uh-uh. The top 1%? Ding, ding, ding! You got it.

The ACA is funded by taxpayer dollars, which is part of the reason why the GOP has spent years attempting to dismantle the landmark law.

Individuals who make more than $200,000 a year are required to pay a 3.8% net investment income tax (NIIT), which applies to investment, income dividends, capital gains, royalties, etc. Some Americans in that income bracket are also subject to the additional 0.9% Medicare tax.
Obamacare repeal would bring a huge tax cut for the rich, research shows
"Part" of the reason? Give me a break!

You are being betrayed. Does someone you love have medical insurance due to the ACA? Has the ACA saved your life? Can you now afford insurance because you have a subsidy?

True life story:
I know a young man just starting out who didn't have insurance. If he had a sore throat or bad cold, he would go to the pet store and buy FISH ANTIBIOTICS to get better.

Aren't we as a nation better than that??

Before you weep for the wealthy, here's a chart showing how income inequality has grown since the 1970's. Those ACA taxes don't begin to right the wrong:
The Incredible Rise Of The Top One Percent Will Soar Post COVID-19

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,437.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If they can't afford health care and are treating themselves with fish antibiotics, they won't live long enough to see it!
Now, now, where's your american can-do optimism?

• Friendly
Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,093,483.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My can-do optimism is being used to "can" Trump/Pence and a bunch of Republican senators.

After church today I attended a zoom workshop on how to use twitter to campaign.

We all need to summon up all the "can" we can to "can" Trump/Pence and derail Barrett's confirmation.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,968.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟899,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now you know who your red-state Attorney Generals, President Trump, and conservative Supreme Court justices are working for. You? Uh-uh. The top 1%? Ding, ding, ding! You got it.

"Part" of the reason? Give me a break!

You are being betrayed. Does someone you love have medical insurance due to the ACA? Has the ACA saved your life? Can you now afford insurance because you have a subsidy?

True life story:
I know a young man just starting out who didn't have insurance. If he had a sore throat or bad cold, he would go to the pet store and buy FISH ANTIBIOTICS to get better.

Aren't we as a nation better than that??

Before you weep for the wealthy, here's a chart showing how income inequality has grown since the 1970's. Those ACA taxes don't begin to right the wrong:
The Incredible Rise Of The Top One Percent Will Soar Post COVID-19
My mother gets the stuff off the market place and says that she may as well not have any insurance.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟560,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The mathematical law that shows why wealth flows to the 1% | Mathematics | The Guardian

It's math.

The government makes everything worse when it steps in during a recession. Wealthy people who should go out of business due to poor management get to keep their job.

Concerning the ACA, I guess there is another plan out there:

Trump Claims Long-Promised Obamacare Replacement Is ‘All Ready’ - Bloomberg

Your first article doesn't really support the claim made in the headline, however this one does:
Is Inequality Inevitable?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The mathematical law that shows why wealth flows to the 1% | Mathematics | The Guardian

It's math.

The government makes everything worse when it steps in during a recession. Wealthy people who should go out of business due to poor management get to keep their job.

Concerning the ACA, I guess there is another plan out there:

Trump Claims Long-Promised Obamacare Replacement Is ‘All Ready’ - Bloomberg
Trump and the GOP are lying. They've had years to get something together and have come up with zilch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump and the GOP are lying. They've had years to get something together and have come up with zilch.
Well it’s tough to be creative when you’re schmoozing “donations” from the very people you’d cause to lose a lot of money should you do “come up with a plan”.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,264,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

"My dog ate it" would be a better excuse at this point.

Upvote 0