We should be talking to angels.

T

ToBeBlessed

We are asked to pray to the Father and the first request we are ask to make is, "Thy Kingdom Come". So don't we expect that is should come???

Jesus said that His kingdom was not of this world, if it was, He explained, They would.." So His kingdom is made of up being that can be reffered to as 'they'! And we are instructed to seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and according to that the Lord instructed us to ask the Father, "Thy Kingdom Come", which is the first request made in the Lord's prayer.

It is written that angels are ministering spirits sent the the saint. So if we ask, first off, "Thy Kingdom Come" and make it our efforts to 'Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God", knowing that His Kingdom is made up of "they" (angels), which are ministering spirts, and knowing that many have entertain angels without knowing it, then somehow come to the belief that the Kingdom of God, which is made up of these ministering angels, can be heard from and talked to, how good is our thinking?

Yeah, we pray to the Father and ask for the Kingdom, which is made up of ministering angels. Then somehow we come to the conclusion that we are not going actually hear them minister to us???? How do we come to such a conclusion. Don't we think we are going to get what we asked the Father for???

My friends: If you ask the Father, "Thy Kingdom Come" the Father sends it, but will you believe that???

I do not believe that "Thy Kingdom Come" has anything to do with angels. Thy Kingdom Come is in reference of the kingdom of God when Jesus comes back and reigns on earth and also later in heaven.

Look at the Lord's Prayer in context of adjoining verses:

Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth, as it is in heaven

His kingdom will be when He is set as the King. When His good and perfect will is done. Here on earth as it already is in heaven.

I think you are waaay of course with your interpretation of this scripture.

Satan is an angel of light. Satan can also transform himself into an angel of light.

T R O U B L E when we start interpreting scripture to fit what we believe in. I think you are on a slippery slope.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

"If you ask the Father, "Thy Kingdom Come" the Father sends it, but will you believe that???"

Sure - no problem.

NOW what's ANY OF THAT got to do with "Carrying on discussions with Angels??"

Where in the Bible are we instructed to do that??

We are not given any instructions in the Bible to do that. You are right Bob.

People need to stop assuming when it comes to the Word of God and research, research, research.

Our God is a jealous God, He will not have any gods before Him. The Israelites learned that lesson the hard way so we hopefully won't have to. :preach:

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I do not believe that "Thy Kingdom Come" has anything to do with angels.
Believe what you will. You've got at least one angel beside you most of the time. He's part of your kingdom provision. They minister for you. How do they do that? They set up circumstances and physical provision, connect you with people, keep you out of harms way, etc.

They are at the ready and that part of your great salvation can be neglected. So the Spirit of God has been revealing to the church for decades now how not to do that. It's by agreeing with God's Word and moving with the winds of the Spirit.

The church also has the power of binding and loosing and that's all kingdom stuff too. Chiefly prophetic revelation to prevent the enemy's workings and to facilitate the freedom of God's angels.

We know by way of the witness of truth from people have who seen visions of angels working in revivals, bringing forth wisdom and understanding; they're the delivery arm of much of what you ask for. They pour out in church services, make notes of people's prayers and desires, how you give and respond to the promptings of God's Spirit.

In short, I believe they have everything to do with the Kingdom coming. Ultimately God doesn't need any of us or even them to do what He's capable of doing, He has chosen in His wisdom to do it that way.

Your capable of asking for and receiving many things (if you can believe for them in your heart). He's got a huge Heavenly host that interacts with the church here. The point of the teaching is to make us aware of this great salvation and to begin to avail yourself of it.

No one's talking about veering off into a ditch and taking up idols or having an imaginary friend you speak with all day. An occasional acknowledgment by faith to someone you know is there on your behalf is appreciative and not at all out of order (unless you can't do it by faith).

Apart from that, your "direction" comes from your prayers, declarations or decrees. The people of God are a prophetic people and it is your right to declare kingdom reality over the circumstances of your life, and Heaven stands beside you to bring it.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Believe what you will. You've got at least one angel beside you most of the time. He's part of your kingdom provision. They minister for you. How do they do that? They set up circumstances and physical provision, connect you with people, keep you out of harms way, etc.

Ummm, where is this in the Bible, apart from where it is specifically talking about children? If memory serves, it was a donkey that kept one person out of the way of the angel, so I can't really see how the rest lines up with that.

Reactions: Gideons300
Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Ummm, where is this in the Bible, apart from where it is specifically talking about children? If memory serves, it was a donkey that kept one person out of the way of the angel, so I can't really see how the rest lines up with that.
hmmmm.... not sure what you meant...

…13But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET "? 14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?
Cross References
1 Kings 22:19
Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left.

Psalm 91:11
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

Psalm 103:20
Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.

Daniel 6:22
My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty."

I don't know that this supports conversing with angels but it does lead us to believe they are here to minister to us and for us.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe that "Thy Kingdom Come" has anything to do with angels. Thy Kingdom Come is in reference of the kingdom of God when Jesus comes back and reigns on earth and also later in heaven.

Look at the Lord's Prayer in context of adjoining verses:

Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth, as it is in heaven

His kingdom will be when He is set as the King. When His good and perfect will is done. Here on earth as it already is in heaven.

I think you are waaay of course with your interpretation of this scripture.

Satan is an angel of light. Satan can also transform himself into an angel of light.

T R O U B L E when we start interpreting scripture to fit what we believe in. I think you are on a slippery slope.

Yeah - the trouble comes "when we start interpreting scripture to fit"

That is exactly what is happening with we are not seeking the Lord and His Kingdom, which includes the angels sent as ministering spirits to us!! The Bible is clear. There are angels sent to help us, and they are ministering spirits. So if we say that is not the case, we go against the scriptures that we claim are correct. We are infact the person that has entertain angels without knowing, just like is written in the Scriptures.

We are told about the problems in the scriptures, but we lean on our understanding instead of actually seeking the Lord. And concerning out Lord Jesus Christ, His is King of kings. It' not that He will be King of kings, according to the Scriptures, but that He is King of kings!!! He stated plainly that all authority on heaven and earth had been given to Him, and He said that even before the cross.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom....

The kingdom belongs to the King, and the kingdom of God was Jesus's kingdom!!!

However there is still rebellion, and all that has not been cleaned up. Some people and spirits, have not subjected themselves to the authority of Jesus Christ. That does not take away from the fact that all authority has (not will be) been given to Him, the King. So things (like us) are still being sat at His feet. If you sit at His feet He will talk to you, He will at some point introduce you to others who sit at His feet, like ministers that serve Him. Those ministers might be pastors and preachers that hear from Him and serve Him, doing His will. Or those miniters might be spirits (angelic beings) who also serve Him and do His will.

And all people have been ministered to by those who serve Him. It is written that their voice has gone out to the entire world, when the disciples of Christ had on made a small dent in what we call today the middle east.

Jesus told Pilot that He was a king, but that His kingdom was not of this world, if is was they would be there fight for Him. So so say that just is not a king (like suggested above) and that His kingdom is not made of of "they", is simply contrary to the scriptures. It's frankly unbiblical.

The Lord once told me there were two mistakes we could make. One was to not believe the Bible was from Him, and the other was to not believe the Bible is right. So there are people who say the bible is from God, but don't think it is correct. It is correct. His sheep do hear His voice. He is King of kings, and all authority has been given to Him on heaven and earth.

Indeed, all things were created through Him. But rebellion still exists, and it's a rebellion against the King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus Christ. Just because the rebellion has not been put down yet, does not mean the King is not still the King. He is King, and those rebellios being, be it people or spirits, will be dealt with.

Isaiah 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen to the instructions of the Lord.

He was the King of kings and Lord of lords in Isaiah's time also, but rebellion existed.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God"

So the kingdom of God exists. The King is king, but some cannot see it.

John 3:11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

And though I testify about what I have seen, there are some that do not accept my testimony. Jacob saw angels ascending and descending, but who will believe?

Ezekiel 12:2 Son of man, you live in the midst of the rebellious house, who have eyes to see but do not see, ears to hear but do not hear; for they are a rebellious house.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Yeah - the trouble comes "when we start interpreting scripture to fit"

That is exactly what is happening with we are not seeking the Lord and His Kingdom, which includes the angels sent as ministering spirits to us!! The Bible is clear. There are angels sent to help us, and they are ministering spirits. So if we say that is not the case, we go against the scriptures that we claim are correct. We are infact the person that has entertain angels without knowing, just like is written in the Scriptures.

We are told about the problems in the scriptures, but we lean on our understanding instead of actually seeking the Lord. And concerning out Lord Jesus Christ, His is King of kings. It' not that He will be King of kings, according to the Scriptures, but that He is King of kings!!! He stated plainly that all authority on heaven and earth had been given to Him, and He said that even before the cross.

The kingdom belongs to the King, and the kingdom of God was Jesus's kingdom!!!

However there is still rebellion, and all that has not been cleaned up. Some people and spirits, have not subjected themselves to the authority of Jesus Christ. That does not take away from the fact that all authority has (not will be) been given to Him, the King. So things (like us) are still being sat at His feet. If you sit at His feet He will talk to you, He will at some point introduce you to others who sit at His feet, like ministers that serve Him. Those ministers might be pastors and preachers that hear from Him and serve Him, doing His will. Or those miniters might be spirits (angelic beings) who also serve Him and do His will.

And all people have been ministered to by those who serve Him. It is written that their voice has gone out to the entire world, when the disciples of Christ had on made a small dent in what we call today the middle east.

Jesus told Pilot that He was a king, but that His kingdom was not of this world, if is was they would be there fight for Him. So so say that just is not a king (like suggested above) and that His kingdom is not made of of "they", is simply contrary to the scriptures. It's frankly unbiblical.

The Lord once told me there were two mistakes we could make. One was to not believe the Bible was from Him, and the other was to not believe the Bible is right. So there are people who say the bible is from God, but don't think it is correct. It is correct. His sheep do hear His voice. He is King of kings, and all authority has been given to Him on heaven and earth.

Indeed, all things were created through Him. But rebellion still exists, and it's a rebellion against the King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus Christ. Just because the rebellion has not been put down yet, does not mean the King is not still the King. He is King, and those rebellios being, be it people or spirits, will be dealt with.

Isaiah 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen to the instructions of the Lord.

He was the King of kings and Lord of lords in Isaiah's time also, but rebellion existed.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God"

So the kingdom of God exists. The King is king, but some cannot see it.

John 3:11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

And though I testify about what I have seen, there are some that do not accept my testimony. Jacob saw angels ascending and descending, but who will believe?

Ezekiel 12:2 Son of man, you live in the midst of the rebellious house, who have eyes to see but do not see, ears to hear but do not hear; for they are a rebellious house.

You want to talk to angels fine.

As far as what the Lord told you, I give no credence to that, since you believe that we should talk to angels.

There is no biblical precedence for talking to angels. What you listed above is about the kingdom and angels in use by God, not talking to angels.

So. No biblical precedence. You are making an idol out of angels. The Israelites made idols, God didn't like it. Remember?

I would stop that ASAP

P.S. I wouldn't accuse us anymore of making an idol out of the Word of God. You got bigger fish to fry with your praying to angels thing here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It's really not for anyone to say that they are making an idol out of anything (unless you receive that judgment). You cannot see into the heart (unless you're operating in discernment of spirits).

For all of the "talking with angels thing", apart from loosing some things to work provision and a few thank you's and close calls acknowledged, I probably haven't said 50 words in the company of angels (to them directly).

I personally look at it as an exercise of faith to think that you're not alone. You comment out loud no doubt before God as you walk the road of life and as you do, you also speak in the company of angels. Nothing wrong with being aware of that. It's definitely not idolatry in itself.

Mary spoke to Gabriel,
and of course we have many examples of angels intervening and some have conversed with men. What do you do ignore them?

I think we pick up stuff in our spirits at times (by way of angels) and we don't hear voices "out loud" or see with our physical eyes. Some of that we'd acknowledge as the Lord, and no doubt it is the way it came, even though the delivery often comes through angels, from the Lord.

If you got a package labeled from "God" from UPS, you'd receive it as such!
But you'd have an angel in a brown suit delivering the package. Thank you! PTL! (Sound like idolatry?) I sure do appreciate that! I'm excited!

It's like to so many things we speak of in our walks. They're Biblical, built upon numerous precepts, that when put together, present a clear picture. They don't always deal directly from A to Z. So when you get some of that understanding and you've tested it and walked it out, and share that... Well some people aren't ready for it. They think you're in a ditch about it. So you have to use wisdom about sharing some things.

Talk spiritual warfare to someone in a non-Spirit filled denomination and he thinks you're wacko! Actually you're walking in more reality than they are. It's all over the Word. But since a "how to" manual wasn't presented beyond a few references, they don't believe it applies to believers today.

Speak about the gifts to a non-Spirit filled believer and they start pointing to your emotions; talk about speaking in tongues and0you hear words like being "ecstatic". That word is about as far removed from reality with tongues as you can get.

So your spirit collects a few pieces of a puzzle... say creation (i.e., gap theory) or angels, etc., and you share that with someone who doesn't have the foundational precepts, now you're the one in "idolatry". Whew! You just let it go and half of the Body thinks you're nuts and the rest want to hear more. No condemnation.

Those who can't take it or won't take it, that's fine. Not a lot of speaking to them (angels) anyway as they listen to your agreement with God in your walk... the primary way. If you have a special awareness of these beings at times and you share openly (knowing you're being heard), then according to your faith be it unto you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
hmmmm.... not sure what you meant...

…13But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET "? 14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?
Cross References
1 Kings 22:19
Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left.

Psalm 103:20
Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.

Daniel 6:22
My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty."

I don't know that this supports conversing with angels but it does lead us to believe they are here to minister to us and for us.

While I appreciate the verses, none of them answer the direct question I asked. Where does it say they are beside us all the time? Where does it say they are part of our Kingdom provision? And where does it say they don't like us? I'm also curious as to why a donkey was able to thwart the plans of an angel, but that's a side note.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Bible says if you open...well let me get it:

Hebrews 13:2 CJB Complete Jewish Bible
but don't forget to be friendly to outsiders; for in so doing, some people, without knowing it, have entertained angels.

I'm assuming if you entertain them, you probably talk to them. And there are many instances of people talking to angels, just none where they were prayed to.

You want to talk to angels fine.

As far as what the Lord told you, I give no credence to that, since you believe that we should talk to angels.

There is no biblical precedence for talking to angels. What you listed above is about the kingdom and angels in use by God, not talking to angels.

So. No biblical precedence. You are making an idol out of angels. The Israelites made idols, God didn't like it. Remember?

I would stop that ASAP

P.S. I wouldn't accuse us anymore of making an idol out of the Word of God. You got bigger fish to fry with your praying to angels thing here.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

While I appreciate the verses, none of them answer the direct question I asked. Where does it say they are beside us all the time? Where does it say they are part of our Kingdom provision? And where does it say they don't like us? I'm also curious as to why a donkey was able to thwart the plans of an angel, but that's a side note.

I didn't think angels don't like us?? Maybe a typo. And you're right but they are sent to minister to us I'm not sure how I think about conversing with angels... I do know there are lots of gaps in the scriptures so its not always... if its not there its not true.
I think the Lord is a loving, wonderful, joyful God who enjoys us and would love to bless us with angelic guardians to walk with us through life...so they make sense to me... I just walk carefully.
God bless, andrea

PS why donkeys, why mud, why wash 7 times, why why why... IDk IDK IDK...LOL

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where does it say they are beside us all the time?

Angels are not omnipresent beings, like God. So for them to "guard you in all your ways", they must be beside us all the time!!

Where does it say they are part of our Kingdom provision?

13But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET "? 14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

If they are ministering spirits sent out to render service by God, they are part of our provision from God.

And where does it say they don't like us?

Good question!! All the angels from the Lord that I have met love us. They keep the commands of God which would include loving your neighbor as thyself. How can an angel that serves the Lord not love us?

I'm also curious as to why a donkey was able to thwart the plans of an angel,

The donkey did not thwart the plans of an angel, the donkey thwarted that plans of a man trying to move outside of God's plan. And it was good for that man that the donkey did, because moving outside of God's plan and coming against God's people has a terrible result. You are going to run into the angel of God waiting to cut you to pieces.

So now, God sends ministering angels and we don't listen to them! That is nothing new. It is written concerning angels, that their voice has gone out to the entire world, and concerning people that they have ears to hear but don't hear.

So God sent His angels, but the people would not listen. Then God sent His Son, so will they listen to Him?

Jesus told a parable about how a lord wanted some fruit from his vineyard, so he sent messangers (angels, and prophets) but the people didn't listen to them and treated them poorly. Then he sent his son thinking the people would respect the son, but they treated him the same way.

Are we now saying that we listen to the Son, but have never heard from angels of whom it is written, their voice has gone out to the entire world?

The fact is that we don't listen like we should. I don't mean the other person doesn't listen like he should, but we (all of us) don't listen like we should. So we entertain angels without knowing it. This thread was written to us (including me) to encourage us (including me) to listening with our spiritual ears more. We need to practice listening with our spiritual ears!.

If you listen, you will hear what is going on around you in the spirit realm, just like when you listen with your physic ears you become aware of what is happening around you in that realm. You will start to learn how to discern good from evil, because both good and evil is going on around you. But if you don't listen, how are you going to know the impressions being put on you? The answer is you are not. We battle with powers and principalities, but what do we know of that if with our ears we don't hear and with our eyes we don't see. Still, that was what is written about us.

Is 5:9, Matt 13:14, Mark 4:12, Luke 8:10, John 12:40, Acts 28:26, Rom 11:8

just as it is written, "GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR, EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEARS NOT, DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY"

This is a problems with have that is recorded all through the Bible. We need to realize it.

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

If we don't practice listening, our spiritual senses become dull. We can barely hear what is going in the spiritual realm around us. But if you practice listening, your spiritual sense become sharper and we can discuss the meater things like discerning between good and evil spirits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
posted: we can discuss the ...discerning between good and evil spirits.

would be interested in that - just don't want to derail this thread.

Yeah - it would be nice to have a frank conversation about good and evil spirits. With ears to hear we can pick up both, and that's important to understand. We are told to test the spirits, with directly implies that we can hear from both.

And since we can hear from both and have a need to discern between good and evil, it again points out the need to talk to angels (spirits) if only to discern between good and evil. However, discernment is not all. Because the angel from the Lord are minitering spirits and sent to us by God, we need to listen to what they have to minister just like we need to listen to the ministers God puts behind the podium at our church.

Now from talking to the angels the Lord sent me, I have become aware that fallen angels tend to take what God originally gave them and intentionally us that againt God and people. For example; God make people that have a good sense of humor. There are angels like that too. Test have shown that humor can help in healing. Ministering spirit of humor can help in healing people. However fallen angels with the same personality also can have humor, but it is twisted. Proverted humor is common in our society. So where does this twisted and preverted humor come from? Are people aware of what spirit they are of when they used preverted humor?

Frankly, spirits, both good and bad influence us and people are sadly unaware. A pastor might effectively use humor to get a message about God. Issacc (laughter) was the promised son. We have angels which have this personality just like we have preachers that minister with humor. And Humor can help in healing. However we also have comedy clubs serving up preverted humor on sex, murder, curses, and so much more. If and since good humor can help heal people, the opposite has an opposite effect. It's interesting that to a gross preverted joke we might say, "Oh - that's sick!" Well, there is more to what we say than we often realize.

Now the above is just one example. We know that God has angels that lead praise and are musical, and we also see how music can be preverted and have a bad effect on us. So if angels of prasie (and many believe Satan was to lead praise in heaven) fall, what effect will they tend to have on us.

Consider - if angels from God encourage us (and minister of God should encourage people) then don't we have evil spirit that discourage us? So what is happening when we come across people that are discourage and depressed. Are they being influenced by evil spirits ministering discouragement? Yeah - more than likely they are.

So back to talking to angels. If we are not aware of the angels that God sends to minister to us, we are also not aware of fallen angels (evil spirits). Yet by talking to the angels God sends, like Praise, Humor, Encouragement, then we also become aware of Discouragement, and other evil spirits that have twisted the very thing they were originally called to minister. Preverted songs are probably the result of the influence of demonic spirits, and preverted humer also.

So if we practice hearing with our spiritual ears, we are able to discern between good and evil (spirits), just because we get to know what the ministering spirits that God sends sound like, and thus become aware of the evil spirits that have twisted the talents God gave them.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

Now some may not be ready for the teaching I covered above, and some might just be influence to say "Ah - that's a bunch of non-sense" but isn't that exactly what the enemy wants you to think? If you really knew that Jesus Christ is a King and thus has a kingdom, which consists of ministering spirit that He sends to help and guard us, then you would look for that help and listen to what is being ministered to you; using discernment to figure it what's coming across to you in the spirit realm is wisdom and helpful, or foolishness and hurtful. Is it encouraging or discouraging. Is it praising God (Love, Wisdom, and Understanding) or is it praising evil (Preversion, Scoffing, Anger).

Yeah - we need to talk to angels and partly because it helps us discern good from evil. So I'm not sure that is off the point of the thread at all. :)

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I remember Kenneth Hagin said that in one of his visions of Jesus, whenever he'd look at his angel, he'd open his mouth as if to speak. Jesus said that He had sent that angel to him to give him a message previously, but he didn't discern in the spirit, and didn't get the message. The message would have saved him grief and instructed him how to go forth confidently (as I recall).

He "knew" someone was present where he was at. So how do you "get ready"? I guess it's "tuning in" and being attentive. Who knows what you might receive.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember Kenneth Hagin said that in one of his visions of Jesus, whenever he'd look at his angel, he'd open his mouth as if to speak. Jesus said that He had sent that angel to him to give him a message previously, but he didn't discern in the spirit, and didn't get the message. The message would have saved him grief and instructed him how to go forth confidently (as I recall).

He "knew" someone was present where he was at. So how do you "get ready"? I guess it's "tuning in" and being attentive. Who knows what you might receive.

:thumbsup:

For some reason I couldn't respond to the post below this but could edit this post above. So I copied the post below this because it has some excellent question that I would like to try and answer.

Hi K2K,

Could you help me understand your POV on some things?

1. You say you talk to the angels. Can you explain how this happens? Do they come visit you to talk with you?

Hearing from angels is like hearing from the Spirit of God. I pick them up like a small voice, but the personalities are different. They are sent by the Lord, like the Scriptures explain. So normally I get a heads up from the Lord before. He will often tell me that He is sending angels to me, but it doesn't always work that way. When He first started introducing me to angels, He always seemed to let me know He was sending them, but as much now. And sometimes I find out they are around. Have you ever woken up with a praise song in your head? That is almost surely angels of praise. God doesn't praise Himself does He? And if you just woke up, why are you having a praise song going off in your head? If that happens to you, check, and you will probably find you are picking up angels singing in the heavenlies.

2. Do you talk with the LORD as much as you talk to the angels?

No! I pick up God in the personalities of Father, Son, and Spirit. Most of what I hear is from the Son. He is my Lord and the Father said, "This is My Son in whom I am well-pleased, listen to Him." So I usually pick up Him and spend my time listening and talking to Him. Though every morning I sit down, pray the Lord's prayer to the Father and pick up the Father at that time. For me, the Spirit is the hardest to pick up, and that seems to be because the Spirit does not speak on His own, but only says what He hears, like the Scriptures explain. So while I do pick up the Spirit speaking, He seems to be the most invisable.

Angels are normally sent to me a few times each week (to minister to me), but I have reason to believe they are around alot more than that. There is a scriptures that angels are given "charge" of us. Since angels are not omni-present, they must be around to exercise that "charge" or protection, and I have seen that at times.

3. Do you talk with the LORD in the same way you talk with the angels?

Yeah, I pretty much talk to angels, people, and the Lord in the same way, except the Lord, He is God. So I don't praise angels, where as I do praise the Lord, but I try to have normal conversation with all. So I might as a person how they feel about something, or the Lord how He feels about something, or angels about how they fell about something.

4. You say you can tell if they're a good or bad spirit by talking with them. Can you give some examples?

We are told to test the spirits (see 1 Jn 4: 1-3, or 1 Cor 12:3), and the application of those tests require that you can actually hear a response! Demons don't go around telling you Jesus Christ came in the flesh, died and rose again, so that you may have salvation. They are not preaching the gospel. And there is a problem with them telling you Jesus Christ is Lord and they will serve Him. One big problem with that is that Satan can not read their hearts, so Satan can not have evil spirits that are suppose to be under him saying they will serve the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yet beyong that is another understanding of how to pick them up. If you spend time talking to someone you will get an idea about the nature of the person. In the same way you will get an idea about the nature of the spirit. You might not pick it up right away if they are trying to hide it, but you'll get a sense about them at some point, while you are having a conversation. Perhaps you'll pick up their fustration or anger? You won't pick that up with angels that serve the Lord. They are not fustrated. And the more you practice hearing with your spiritual ears and hearing both good and evil, you get better at telling the difference.

Now just because you don't listen with you spiritual ears, that doesn't mean you are not being influenced by both good and evil, only that you are not aware, so that you don't have discernment. This is important to understand and is covered in the last verse of Hebrews 5.

5. Why are you promoting talking to angels? What do you believe Christians are missing in their spiritual life by talking with the LORD only, and not talking to angels?

Jesus Christ is the King according to the good pleasure of the Father. See Psalms 2. Yet if He is a King, He has a kingdom, and Jesus Christ came preaching the Kingdom. John the Baptist also came preaching the Kingdom. When we preach the King, Jesus Christ, we also preach a Kingdom because He is a King!

So I preach a King who has a Kingdom, and we Christans become like like princes and princess. So we should know about the Kingdom! It is a Kingdom of power, and we should know that there are more with us than against us.

6. Shouldn't we be seeking to talk to the LORD, and encourage each other in that direction?

Yes!! Absolutely we need to and are trying to hook people up with the Lord. Yet He explains that He is the door! The door to what?

You can not get into the kingdom of God except that you get to know the King first!! But Christians are supposed to know the Lord of lords, and King of kings. So how is it we don't seem to know the King of kings and Lord of lords but don't have any awareness of the kings and lords that He reigns over?

Does He really want us in the dark about what is happening around us? No - He sends us His angels to minister to us, but still it is written that many entertain angels without knowing it. Isn't that a rebuke to us? We are just not paying attention like we should, are we?

7. The angels are always with us to minister to us, but so is the HOLY SPIRIT of the living GOD. Shouldn't we honor HIM by talking with HIM more than we do? IOW, if angels and the HOLY SPIRIT are always with us, would you ignore the HOLY SPIRIT to talk with the angels?

We absolutely should honer Him by talking with Him more than we do!!!!

Yet if He sends us ministering angels, are you going to say you are not going to listen and talk to them who He sent to you?

Let me give an example. I probably need to talk to my wife more than I do. I talk to her everyday, and I love her, but perhaps I need to pay more attentiong to her. Yet does saying that mean I shouldn't listen to the minister that gets up behind the podium to preach on Sunday?

We need to pay closer attention to all that goes on around us!

Your thread has helped me be more aware and respectful of the HOLY SPIRIT. I'm more aware of how HE'S constantly with me, and I've been interacting with HIM more than I was in the past.

That is so good to hear!!!

That is the main purpose I have. I want people to have a closer relationship with God. Angels that serve the Lord want that too. So an angel of Success that serves the Lord will tell you that success is achieved by listening to the Lord and doing what he tells you. An angel of praise will lead you in praise songs knowing the the Lord lives in His praises. An angel of Obedience will tell you it is important to becare to do what the Lord tells you. An angel of peace will tell you to surrender to the will of the Lord. They all minister in a way that brings you closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. And the Holy Spirit doesn't even speak on His own, but tells you what He hears from the Lord. He is like a living telephone line to Jesus Christ. And the Father tells you, "This is My Son, in whom I am well-pleased, 'Listen to Him." So the Kingdom of God is all about getting you closer to our Lord Jesus Christ!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Now from talking to the angels the Lord sent me, I have become aware that fallen angels tend to take what God originally gave them and intentionally us that againt God and people.
Hi K2K,

Could you help me understand your POV on some things?

1. You say you talk to the angels. Can you explain how this happens? Do they come visit you to talk with you?

2. Do you talk with the LORD as much as you talk to the angels?

3. Do you talk with the LORD in the same way you talk with the angels?

4. You say you can tell if they're a good or bad spirit by talking with them. Can you give some examples?

5. Why are you promoting talking to angels? What do you believe Christians are missing in their spiritual life by talking with the LORD only, and not talking to angels?

6. Shouldn't we be seeking to talk to the LORD, and encourage each other in that direction?

7. The angels are always with us to minister to us, but so is the HOLY SPIRIT of the living GOD. Shouldn't we honor HIM by talking with HIM more than we do? IOW, if angels and the HOLY SPIRIT are always with us, would you ignore the HOLY SPIRIT to talk with the angels?

Your thread has helped me be more aware and respectful of the HOLY SPIRIT. I'm more aware of how HE'S constantly with me, and I've been interacting with HIM more than I was in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0