We should be talking to angels.

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is written to seek ye first the Kingdom of God. So doesn't that include talking to angels?

I'm not saying that we are not supposed to know, be lead by, and have a personal relationship with the Lord, but I am suggesting that we should be talking to angels, which are all ministering spirits, probably at least as much as other Christians.

All Christians have a call to minister to others, and are not all angels ministering spirit sent to help the saints (us). We know that is more for us than against us, so shouldn't we regularly be hearing from and even having conversations with angels like we do with others, and perhaps more so because we know that angels are sent to minister to us.

It seems to me that if God had to make it a point of telling us that we need to seek the Kingdom of God, and even seek it first, then we must have a natural resistance to seeking it, otherwise He wouldn't have to tell us to seek the Kingdom.

As a disclaimer, I want to make it clear that we need to test the spirits and use discernment when we are dealing with spirits still we are called to be alive spiritually and thus should be aware of what is going on around us in the spirit realm.

Also, since God made seeking the Kingdom a condition of "all these things" being added to us, it is imparitive that we do open up to the spirit Kingdom that God has. Remember that Jesus said that He was a king, but His kingdom was not of this world, and that if is was "They" would be fighting for Him. So the kingdom consists of "They", which means angels does it not?

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jesus prayed to the Father...so who exactly are you modeling this idea of praying to angels from? Daniel prayed to the Father and He sent angels, don't see anywhere people ask angels for anything. As a matter of fact, I'd think angels don't listen to you they listen to God, and see His face.

Reactions: Rebecca Sue
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus prayed to the Father...so who exactly are you modeling this idea of praying to angels from? Daniel prayed to the Father and He sent angels, don't see anywhere people ask angels for anything. As a matter of fact, I'd think angels don't listen to you they listen to God, and see His face.

Prayer is a conversation with God - by definition. So to pray to angels is to have a converation with them which creates them with being God or a god.

Now you have conversation with people at church who serve the Lord, don't you. And you are not making them your god are you? No. Still many of them are ministers, and we are called to minister. That is part of serving the Lord.

Angels serve the Lord, and of them it is written:

"Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of thsoe who will inherit salvation?" (Heb 1:14)

And also we are told that many have entertained angels without knowing it.

So angels are being sent us us saints, and for the purpose of of ministering to us and rendering us service. Yet if the scriptures are correct, many are having that happen with even being aware of it.

Now if a minister (person) at church is ministering to me, can't I ask him questions in the hope of learning something more. After all, an experienced minister may indeed have information obtained by their experience in serving God that I don't have. And now if people have information obtained by their experience from serving God, how much more would that angels that having been serving God have?

And remember they are sent to us to minister and render service. So wouldn't we be wise to find out what we can from them. While it seems prudent to check the spirits to make sure they are from the Lord Jesus Christ, but once having dertermined they are sent from the Lord to minister to us and render service to us, it also seems wise to get all the counsel we can.

Prov 11:14 Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.

Also, concerning Jesus, did not angels minister to Him also?

Jn 22:43 Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him

Mat 4: 11 Then the devil left Him; and behold angels came and began to minister to Him.

Ps 91:11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to gaurd you in all your ways.

We have a Lord, Jesus Christ, and a God ( Father, Son, and Spirit) and we also have a kingdom which consists of ministering angels to gaurd us in all our ways, but many are not aware of this an entertain angels without knowing it. So we have to be told to seek ye first the kingdom of God, because we don't really do that much, do we?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We should be talking to Father God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. If it's the Father's will that an angel talks to us, we should be discerning.

An angel spoke a word to me over a year ago. I then sought Father God to assure it was truly a message from Him, and He made it abundantly clear with an obvious confirmation. Then, I followed what that angel said to do.

If we open ourselves up to seek out and talk to angels on our own, we position ourselves for deception. Jesus is the center of our life, not angels. Christ is with us continually. Does He use angels to send message? Yes, the Bible is full of examples like that. There are no examples I can think of that show Christians seeking out angelic interaction on their own. And the reason is clear, as even Satan will come to you as an angel of light.

This is why John says to "test" the spirits.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should be talking to Father God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. If it's the Father's will that an angel talks to us, we should be discerning.

An angel spoke a word to me over a year ago. I then sought Father God to assure it was truly a message from Him, and He made it abundantly clear with an obvious confirmation. Then, I followed what that angel said to do.

If we open ourselves up to seek out and talk to angels on our own, we position ourselves for deception. Jesus is the center of our life, not angels. Christ is with us continually. Does He use angels to send message? Yes, the Bible is full of examples like that. There are no examples I can think of that show Christians seeking out angelic interaction on their own. And the reason is clear, as even Satan will come to you as an angel of light.

This is why John says to "test" the spirits.

There is much above that is very important to understand!

One of the things above to understand is that He sends the angels!

It is written ' are they not all ministering spirits sent...'

So it is important to understand that they are sent by Him and serve Him! And it is important to test the spirits - see 1 Jn 4 :1-3.

However that being said, we have instructions to "Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God". Those are instructions!! And that can not be forgotten because of our interpretation of another verse. One verse does not cancel another verse. So both are true - that we are to seek first the kingdom of God, and that the angels are sent. Again, both are true!

So if you seek first the kingdom of God what is going to happen?

Look - when we seek the kingdom of God, which includes not only our King, the King of kings, Jesus Christ, but also the holy angels that He send, we are going to find the King and He is going to send ministering angels!! So we need to be aware of that!

Yet if and since we are told to seek the kingdom, isn't that a problem that we have. If we naturally, of by our very nature, were seeking the kingdom of God, then God would not have had to tell us to seek first the kingdom!!

So we need to understand that about ourselves. By our nature and understanding we don't seek the kingdom of God, so we are told to. By our nature and understanding, we tend to entertain angels without knowing it, so that is pointed out to us in the Scriptures. And by out nature and understanding, we don't tend to check the spirits when we start hearing from a spirit, so we need to remember that also.

Remember the centurion what Jesus remarked as having the greater faith than all those He had seen in Isreal? Well that centurion understood that because he was under authority and could send those that serve him, Jesus must also be able to send and command those under Him, so He didn't need to come to his house Himself, but could just send someone, an angel, right?

And think about this: Jesus is the first and last, so Jesus had seen all in Isreal since Isreal was Isreal. So the centurion had a greater faith than say Elijah, who was feed by angels because he was fleeing.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God calls us to an intimate relationship with Him, so we can thereby love other people. There's no mention of angels when Jesus said, "Love God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself." Those are the "relationships" we're called to.

Additionally, If we live for God, we will be in a position to be changed and transformed so we ill be fit to rule and reign with Him in His Kingdom during the Millenial reign when His Kingdom will manifest in the natural and Jesus will rule and reign for 1,000 years on earth.

Seeking the Kingdom of God means you're living for Jesus and His will on earth. To use that scripture to mean we should be seeking to converse with angels is really off-base. The Holy Spirit of God is within us! Why would we seek to consult anyone beside Him!?

The Bible expressly states not to seek "familiar" spirits or seek out people who speak with spirits:

Leviticus 20:27
27 A man or a woman who is a medium, or who has familiar spirits, shall surely be put to death; they shall stone them with stones. Their blood shall be upon them.’ ”

Leviticus 19:31
“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

Deuteronomy 18:10-13
10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the LORD your God,

One of the reasons is because Satan, and his angels, are seeking to be worshiped:

Matthew 4:5-11
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple 6 and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​“‘He will command his angels concerning you,’ ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​and ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​“‘On their hands they will bear you up, ​​​​​​​lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” ​​​
7 Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​“‘You shall worship the Lord your God ​​​​​​​and him only shall you serve.’” ​​​
11 Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.

Moreover, humans are susceptible to worship angels, as they are a higher order of being than we are currently:

Revelation 19:9-10
9 And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

What can we do when it comes to angels?

We can receive messages from angels God sent to us for some purpose:

Luke 5:5-25
5 In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah, of the division of Abijah. And he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and statutes of the Lord. 7 But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and both were advanced in years.
8 Now while he was serving as priest before God when his division was on duty,
9 according to the custom of the priesthood, he was chosen by lot to enter the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying outside at the hour of incense.
11 And there appeared to him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
12 And Zechariah was troubled when he saw him, and fear fell upon him. 13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John. 14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth,
15 for he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. 16 And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God, 17 and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.”
18 And Zechariah said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years.” 19 And the angel answered him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I was sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news. 20 And behold, you will be silent and unable to speak until the day that these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled in their time.”
21 And the people were waiting for Zechariah, and they were wondering at his delay in the temple. 22 And when he came out, he was unable to speak to them, and they realized that he had seen a vision in the temple. And he kept making signs to them and remained mute. 23 And when his time of service was ended, he went to his home. 24 After these days his wife Elizabeth conceived, and for five months she kept herself hidden, saying, 25 “Thus the Lord has done for me in the days when he looked on me, to take away my reproach among people.”

Even when angels speak to us, however, we should be very discerning and careful.

1 John 4:1-3
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

Why should we be careful? Because Satan attempts to deceive Christians by pretending to be a holy angel.

2 Cor. 11:14-15
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

We can ask Father God to dispatch angels to help us in situations or for the benefit of others.

Matt. 26:53
53 Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?

Outside of these two situations, however, we should not be communicating with angels as it's outside of God's will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One final note about discerning spirits according to 1 John 4. We cannot "discern" much in our flesh. In other words, our hearts are still wickedly deceptive, and they are still the enemy of God until we get our glorified bodies.

Something I've learned is that if you hope to be able to discern whether or not a spirit is of God or not, you had better not be in your flesh because your heart will lie to you. This is why it's so important to mortify the flesh and walk in the Spirit of God.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

It is written to seek ye first the Kingdom of God. So doesn't that include talking to angels?

I'm not saying that we are not supposed to know, be lead by, and have a personal relationship with the Lord, but I am suggesting that we should be talking to angels, which are all ministering spirits, probably at least as much as other Christians.

All Christians have a call to minister to others, and are not all angels ministering spirit sent to help the saints (us). We know that is more for us than against us, so shouldn't we regularly be hearing from and even having conversations with angels like we do with others, and perhaps more so because we know that angels are sent to minister to us.

It seems to me that if God had to make it a point of telling us that we need to seek the Kingdom of God, and even seek it first, then we must have a natural resistance to seeking it, otherwise He wouldn't have to tell us to seek the Kingdom.

As a disclaimer, I want to make it clear that we need to test the spirits and use discernment when we are dealing with spirits still we are called to be alive spiritually and thus should be aware of what is going on around us in the spirit realm.

Also, since God made seeking the Kingdom a condition of "all these things" being added to us, it is imparitive that we do open up to the spirit Kingdom that God has. Remember that Jesus said that He was a king, but His kingdom was not of this world, and that if is was "They" would be fighting for Him. So the kingdom consists of "They", which means angels does it not?

1) What happens when they start to talk back? Seriously, would you know if it were a good angel or a fallen angel?
I have asked the Lord to send my guardian angels to others in need… but I don't attempt conversations with angels

We have enough problems getting people to focus on Christ… we don't need to focus on angels.
just my opinion. God bless, andrea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) What happens when they start to talk back? Seriously, would you know if it were a good angel or a fallen angel?
I have asked the Lord to send my guardian angels to others in need… but I don't attempt conversations with angels

We have enough problems getting people to focus on Christ… we don't need to focus on angels.
just my opinion. God bless, andrea

Christ is our Lord, and we need to listen to Him and His instructions, but we don't only listen to Him. You listen to you pastor at chruch don't you?

And we see that we don't only preach Jesus Christ, but we also preach the Kingdom of God. John the Baptist came preaching the Kingdom of God, Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God. We, as Christian, become part of a Kingdom that is not of this world! So we should know something about it. Indeed, there are records of angels all over the Bible, and people interacting with them.

Indeed we are told that God sends angels which are all ministering spirit. So what have they ministered to us? If our answer is "nothing" then aren't we the ones being discussed when it is pointed out that many have entertain angels without knowing it?

So we do need to focus on all that is happening around us in the spirit realm!! We are told to!! We are told to seek first the kingdom of God, which is not of this world!

Now to this question: "Seriously, would you know if it were a good angel or a fallen angel?"

We are told to use discernment, and to test the spirits. How are we going to test the spirits when we don't even use our spiritual ears. Just because we don't listen with our spiritual ears, to know what is happening around us in the spirit realm, it does mean that things are not happening just because we are not paying attention.

Check out Hebrews, thee end of chapter five.

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing

In the above verse, the hebrews which knew the Scriptures, were not listening with their spiritual ears. Their hearing was dull. And check out how that effected them.

Heb 5:14... who becauseof practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil

If we don't practice using our spiritual ears, and that will mean hearing what is going on around us, then we are not picking up what is happening and are not used to discerning what is happening. It's like anything, the more we practice the better we get at it. The more we pratice hearing with our spiritual ears, the better we are able to discern who is talking to us!

Look, ministering angels from God are being sent to you, and so too are we dealing with demonic spirits, so if we are not listening and aware of what is happening, are you more of less able to figure out what's happening?

We sometimes are like the proverbial Ostrich with our heads in the ground. We think that because we don't see or hear with our spiritual ears nothing is going on around us.

And the same is true with our spiriutal eyes. His people die because of lack of vision. That does not mean a plan, because Satan has a plan and he will be glade to give you a plan. Many people have evil plans. But God's people die because they don't use their spiritual eyes.

So my friends, it is not using our spiritual eyes and ears which result in our problems. If God's people pratice using their spiritual eyes and ears, they will become able to discern good and evil, not vis-versa.

Isaiah 5:13 Therefore My people go into exile for their lack of knowledge

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Christ is our Lord, and we need to listen to Him and His instructions, but we don't only listen to Him. You listen to you pastor at chruch don't you?

And we see that we don't only preach Jesus Christ, but we also preach the Kingdom of God. John the Baptist came preaching the Kingdom of God, Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God. We, as Christian, become part of a Kingdom that is not of this world! So we should know something about it. Indeed, there are records of angels all over the Bible, and people interacting with them.

Indeed we are told that God sends angels which are all ministering spirit. So what have they ministered to us? If our answer is "nothing" then aren't we the ones being discussed when it is pointed out that many have entertain angels without knowing it?

So we do need to focus on all that is happening around us in the spirit realm!! We are told to!! We are told to seek first the kingdom of God, which is not of this world!

Now to this question: "Seriously, would you know if it were a good angel or a fallen angel?"

We are told to use discernment, and to test the spirits. How are we going to test the spirits when we don't even use our spiritual ears. Just because we don't listen with our spiritual ears, to know what is happening around us in the spirit realm, it does mean that things are not happening just because we are not paying attention.

Check out Hebrews, thee end of chapter five.

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing

In the above verse, the hebrews which knew the Scriptures, were not listening with their spiritual ears. Their hearing was dull. And check out how that effected them.

Heb 5:14... who becauseof practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil

If we don't practice using our spiritual ears, and that will mean hearing what is going on around us, then we are not picking up what is happening and are not used to discerning what is happening. It's like anything, the more we practice the better we get at it. The more we pratice hearing with our spiritual ears, the better we are able to discern who is talking to us!

Look, ministering angels from God are being sent to you, and so too are we dealing with demonic spirits, so if we are not listening and aware of what is happening, are you more of less able to figure out what's happening?

We sometimes are like the proverbial Ostrich with our heads in the ground. We think that because we don't see or hear with our spiritual ears nothing is going on around us.

And the same is true with our spiriutal eyes. His people die because of lack of vision. That does not mean a plan, because Satan has a plan and he will be glade to give you a plan. Many people have evil plans. But God's people die because they don't use their spiritual eyes.

So my friends, it is not using our spiritual eyes and ears which result in our problems. If God's people pratice using their spiritual eyes and ears, they will become able to discern good and evil, not vis-versa.

Isaiah 5:13 Therefore My people go into exile for their lack of knowledge

When I ask questions of the Lord, I am expecting the Holy Spirit to answer. This answer is where my discernment kicks in. Is it me, the devil or the Holy Spirit. Often I know immediately, if I am unsure I wait for outside confirmation. I don't know what I'd think if an angel spoke to me. I guess, I'd have to weigh it at the time. I'm unsure about it and I figure the Lord would give me wisdom when needed…
BUT… I don't 'think' it's a good idea to encourage conversations with angels. Scripturally I can only recall the angels coming when the Lord told them to, not on request…. I could be wrong but the things that can go wrong can go so wrong.
I will give this some research and thought… thanks for posting, andrea

PS: often sense the presence of angels… just don't try to converse. Their job is always to point us toward the Lord.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I ask questions of the Lord, I am expecting the Holy Spirit to answer. This answer is where my discernment kicks in. Is it me, the devil or the Holy Spirit. Often I know immediately, if I am unsure I wait for outside confirmation. I don't know what I'd think if an angel spoke to me. I guess, I'd have to weigh it at the time. I'm unsure about it and I figure the Lord would give me wisdom when needed…
BUT… I don't 'think' it's a good idea to encourage conversations with angels. Scripturally I can only recall the angels coming when the Lord told them to, not on request…. I could be wrong but the things that can go wrong can go so wrong.
I will give this some research and thought… thanks for posting, andrea

PS: often sense the presence of angels… just don't try to converse. Their job is always to point us toward the Lord.

:thumbsup:

I understand fully what you are saying. Indeed, we are to seek the Lord and we get answers. Then of course we need to discern whether what we are picking up is the Lord, ourselves, or evil spirits.

If we ask the Lord, we should be able to expect the Lord Himself, will answer. It is written that if we seek we find, and that He is not slow to answer like we think. Still, sometimes we have ideas and thoughts about things, so it could be us. And if God is doing something, the devil is probably going to try and mess it up.

Still, it is written that there are more with us and against us. And remember the story in the old testament about a man and a prophet looking at large army standing before them? The man was in panic, because of what he saw then the prophet prayed the man's eyes would be open, then the man saw that there was a larger army, the army of God, behind the one he was looking at.

Jesus talked about having eyes to see as well as ears to hear. What will we see and what will we hear if we use the spiritual eyes and ears that God gave us?

There is a parable about the kingdom of heaven that is compared to a tree growing which become the biggest tree in the garden. When the tree gets bigger, the birds of the air land in it. What are those birds of the air that Jesus was talking about?

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

:thumbsup:

I understand fully what you are saying. Indeed, we are to seek the Lord and we get answers. Then of course we need to discern whether what we are picking up is the Lord, ourselves, or evil spirits.

If we ask the Lord, we should be able to expect the Lord Himself, will answer. It is written that if we seek we find, and that He is not slow to answer like we think. Still, sometimes we have ideas and thoughts about things, so it could be us. And if God is doing something, the devil is probably going to try and mess it up.

Still, it is written that there are more with us and against us. And remember the story in the old testament about a man and a prophet looking at large army standing before them? The man was in panic, because of what he saw then the prophet prayed the man's eyes would be open, then the man saw that there was a larger army, the army of God, behind the one he was looking at.

Jesus talked about having eyes to see as well as ears to hear. What will we see and what will we hear if we use the spiritual eyes and ears that God gave us?

There is a parable about the kingdom of heaven that is compared to a tree growing which become the biggest tree in the garden. When the tree gets bigger, the birds of the air land in it. What are those birds of the air that Jesus was talking about?
I think He was just saying that is how big the tree got… so that all the birds could land in it… what do you think those birds are?

When Paul writes that even if an angel from heaven gives another gospel… in that he is saying that an angel may speak to you…. discern what they are saying… he was not warning about speaking to angels but its still the one scripture people bring up when the issue of talking to angels comes up??
Look at all the trouble Todd Bentley got into with talking to angels??

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
" You mean like, "Thy Kingdom Come"?'

Nope, like john 15:

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Jesus' INSTRUCTIONS are to pray to Father in Jesus' Name.

Nothing whatsoever about talking to Angels, dead saints, blessed virgins, the Holy Spirit - PERIOD.

Now - since God looks on the HEART, it's my PERSONAL OPINION that you can put the "Wrong address" on a prayer, and He'll hear it anyway -

But the MANNER of prayer is given - so why get creative????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

There is no New Testament evidence to support that view. There is a reference to speaking the language of angels, but it is an indirect reference and does not directly refer to the gift of tongues, so this does not prove even that we speak in the language of angels.

There is evidence that Paul was visited by angels on at least two occasions when things got quite tough for him, but it was the angels who initated the encounters not the other way around.

We need to be careful to remain within the bounds of Scripture, otherwise we might end up trying to have conversations with demons pretending to be angels (which they actually are, but fallen angels).

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

" You mean like, "Thy Kingdom Come"?'

Nope, like john 15:

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Jesus' INSTRUCTIONS are to pray to Father in Jesus' Name.

Nothing whatsoever about talking to Angels, dead saints, blessed virgins, the Holy Spirit - PERIOD.

Now - since God looks on the HEART, it's my PERSONAL OPINION that you can put the "Wrong address" on a prayer, and He'll hear it anyway -

But the MANNER of prayer is given - so why get creative????

Love it… the wrong address… I wonder if this is the way the Lord looks at people who pray to saints and Mary? It's a nice thought. I can't imagine that He'd be offended by their prayers… when done sincerely.
Thanks Bob, God bless, andrea

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think He was just saying that is how big the tree got… so that all the birds could land in it… what do you think those birds are?

When Paul writes that even if an angel from heaven gives another gospel… in that he is saying that an angel may speak to you…. discern what they are saying… he was not warning about speaking to angels but its still the one scripture people bring up when the issue of talking to angels comes up??
Look at all the trouble Todd Bentley got into with talking to angels??

The tree, is what's being compared to the kindgom of God. So the kingdom of God starts small in us and grows in us. And if and since Jesus added that the bird would land in it, then the birds are part of the comparision!!

So while the comparision is about the kingdom of God, so say that it is only about the tree when birds landing in the tree are part of the comparision does not make sense. The birds landing didn't have to be mention, and there is something written about God words being carefull chosen. So to understand that comparision fully, the entire comparison needs to be considered, otherwise we are saying that God did not choose His words carefully.

Now for what I think the birds are; of course we all need to talk to the Lord. Will He not show you, so that you will believe? Never-the-less, for a while after the Lord came into my life, I talked to the Lord only. But He told me that He was sending me angels, and introduced me to them. And He told me this, "When you have a baby, you start by keeping it at home. Yet as the child grows, doesn't he need to get to know the what else is there. When the child is young, it is only taught by it's parents, yet when it grows don't you have it learn from others also."

And later a day came when He told me that He was sending me fourty angels, and He wanted me to figure out their names. I could see the fourty angels in a vision, and they came forth as those in an army, yet their formation was as a oblong circle.

Praise was in front, with Joy to the right and Reasoning to the left. Through the middle were Focus, Evangelism and Intercession, Success, and Obedience. On the right side were angel like Peace, Patients, Comfort, and Happiness. To the left were angels like Planning, Finance and Provision, Organization, and Confidence.

Now I figured out there names, for the most part, by talking to them and listening to what they said. What they said was always educational and somewhat surprising.

For example, what Peace said was not so much about having a peaceful feeling but about surrender to the Lord . That is, the peace of the Lord is not so much accomplished by looking for rest in the Lord but by surrender to the Lord. This is something that I had wrong, and it appears to me that most Christians are failing to understand this also.

That is, I was and have send most Christian, trying to obtain the peace of God by trying to rest in Him. That is how we get our strength in the Lord, but our peace in the Lord comes from surrending our will like a city might might make peace with an opposing force. Until you surrending your will to the Lord, you can not achieve the peace that God has for you. You might get strength from resting in Him, but you don't get peace in your spirit until you surrender to Him.

And so I got many many teachings from the angels that serve Him, as they minister to me. And let me ask you. Since we know from the Scriptures that the Lord sends ministering angels to help the saints; are we truely surrendering to the will of the Lord if we are not willing to listen to those He sends to minister to us. We can go to church and listen to the minister there, and want to argue with what ever he says, so too we can have angels sent to minister to us and be unwilling to listen to them also. :)

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love it… the wrong address… I wonder if this is the way the Lord looks at people who pray to saints and Mary? It's a nice thought. I can't imagine that He'd be offended by their prayers… when done sincerely.
Thanks Bob, God bless, andrea

Are we really going to comparing listening to the ministering angels the Lord sends, according to the Scriptures, to seeking to talk to people who have pass over which is not according to the Scriptures?

If we are going to say the scriptures are accurate, then angels are ministering spirits sent to the saints. We don't have to believe that, but that is in the Scriptures!! So we don't have to believe what is written, but it might be good to do so.

The Scriptures are good for reproof and understanding, but if we don't want to believe what is written in the Scriptures, how are we going to believe His words?

He said to pray, Thy Kingdom come Thy will be done. God has a kingdom that is not of this world, and Jesus said "They would be here"... so the Kingdom does consist of being such as to be called "They", but that's just what's written. Believe what you will, but angels are sent to the saints, but who will listen and who will believe?

Ps 91:11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to gaurth you in all your ways.

Heb 1:6 And when He again bring the firstborn into the world He says, "AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM,"

And so it is that all the angels of heaven worship and serve Him.

Heb 1:7 And of the angels He says, "WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS WINDS, AND HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE".

So do we mock at having the angels who mistister sent to us?

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Heb 2:1 For this reason we must pay closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it.

We have a King that we serve. And He as a King has a kingdom and those that serve and worship Him. Indeed the angels of heaven serve Him and they are ministering spirits sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation. We must pay closer attention to what we have heard!

Heb 13:2 Do not neglect to show to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

If and since angels are ministering spirits sent to render service to the saints, how do we encounter these "strangers"?

Though they are given charge of us, though they are sent from God to minister to us, they are still strangers to us? How is that?

Is 6:9 He said, "Go, and tell this people: Keep on listening, but do not perceive; and Keep on looking, but do not understand"

There is nothing new under the sun.

Upvote 0

PersephonesTear

Jul 14, 2013
✟9,344.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Okay, sooo....

1. Most angels are not terribly impressed with human beings, and they aren't going to be seeking us out for any sort of chit-chat.

2. Angels answer to God, not to us. He gives them their assignments, and it is inappropriate for us to attempt to step in and give them orders, or call them to us, or take up their time. (I know you aren't suggesting that in the OP, but I have seen numerous instances of this happening within Charismatic churches).

3. If you happen to see or sense an angel, follow little kid rules for interacting with adults: Don't speak unless spoken to. Don't interrupt or try to get their attention, because they are busy. And if they do approach you first and speak to you, be respectful and mind your "Yes, Sirs," and "No Ma'ams."

4. God is infinitely patient and loving when He deals with us. Angels are not. Just because they serve God doesn't mean they won't get irritated or annoyed enough to blast you.

Upvote 0