We need to fellowship more so let's visit. All respectful fellowship welcome.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm behind today! Woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep for a couple of hours. So once I finally nodded off, I overslept. My animals are still waiting on their food.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Had a hectic day trying to give parental guidance but letting my daughter lead a project herself.

For the bronze award for her level of Scouting, she has decided to do birthday bags for the local food pantry. So she and her team of younger girls will put together birthday cake supplies and gifts for the local food pantry to give out to those with food insecurity when they have children who have birthdays. She was adamant that every child should have a birthday.

But she had to do a budget, develop fundraising, gather a team, decide roles and tasks, do completion timeline, and talk to the partner organizations.

And I can give her guidance but she's supposed to lead so it's one of those parental tests where you take the brakes off and let your child develop leadership skills.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
She's having a blast. For me it's one of those... You want her to enjoy it so reflexively you think that means succeed. But I've already seen if she makes a mistake discovers it... there is great joy.

So it's get the project done so it's what she wants to help others, but it's her show. So it's the balance of let those mistakes happen and guide her in review so she finds and fixes them herself, but head off any project destroying ones that she doesn't have the experience to identify yet.

I've just learned to think of it like teaching her to swim or ride a bike.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'm behind today! Woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep for a couple of hours. So once I finally nodded off, I overslept. My animals are still waiting on their food.

LOL, mine do that too, only they aren't quiet about it. ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
She's having a blast. For me it's one of those... You want her to enjoy it so reflexively you think that means succeed. But I've already seen if she makes a mistake discovers it... there is great joy.

So it's get the project done so it's what she wants to help others, but it's her show. So it's the balance of let those mistakes happen and guide her in review so she finds and fixes them herself, but head off any project destroying ones that she doesn't have the experience to identify yet.

Now that's wisdom! Well done!:oldthumbsup:

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just imagine, as close as you all are as a family, as conscientiously as you both raise your kids...I see you in (my mind) in the background biting your tongue as you watch (but in your mind), putting your hands to your face and internally dreaming noooooo in slow motion as you see the apple of your eye making a wrong move in her strategy and wanting to fix it! Lol! :D Sorry! I know it Is tough as a parent when you have to let go a bit, it can be tough! You want to protect them always. :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither are mine! I am sadly neglectful at times when it comes to THEIR schedule. They might have to wait an extra hour. Lol!
LOL, mine do that too, only they aren't quiet about it. ^_^

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are still in the midst of a heatwave here.
I have to admit I was ready for the mid 90s to go away, but holy moly I am not ready for lows of 40 and highs of 68. A little transition time! Please!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm curious where you are at. That's awfully cool this time of year!
I used to split my time between the west coast and Utah, but these days I’m in Utah year round.

Upvote 0