We need to fellowship more so let's visit. All respectful fellowship welcome.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So last I heard @Stabat Mater was inquiring about the U.S. to study here or some such? Fill us in!

@Davidnic was inquiring into becoming a deacon in the RCC. Any news on that?

@brinny ever loving light in dark places, what's new with you?

Been wondering about @Tutorman???

Please say prayers for @Ladybug and her family. They are going through a terribly tough time with her mother's illness.

Prayers for our sweet @chrystal and the situation she is experiencing with a certain priest at her Church.

@charsan are you and your wife feeling better?

I know there are many i have left out. And I am sorry but I'm typing on a phone. Let's start becoming a community again and forge some bonds beyond any disagreements, etc.

We need more chat and genuine friendships! :)

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We are still deciding as a family about the Deacon vocation.

New CCD year is about to start so I finally bought my own personal copy of the Didache Bible to use to teach.

I was just placed on the Diocsean Committee for Catholic Scouting.

My daughter just built a boat with her friends and raced across a lake in a recycled regatta.

We started our homeschool year little bit over a month ago, and for history I am using a great American history book from the Catholic textbook project that does not ignore the Catholic contributions to American history.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's wonderful David. Your children are very blessed to have you and your wife as parents. You are so in tune with our Faith. Your children are not going to just get the bare neccesitities concerning the Faith they follow. I assume the discernment concerning going into the steps of becoming a deacon has to do with you discerning your permanant residence as well? I think you and your wife and children would be a wonderful contribution to that vocation in the Catholic Church.
We are still deciding as a family about the Deacon vocation.

New CCD year is about to start so I finally bought my own personal copy of the Didache Bible to use to teach.

I was just placed on the Diocsean Committee for Catholic Scouting.

My daughter just built a boat with her friends and raced across a lake in a recycled regatta.

We started our homeschool year little bit over a month ago, and for history I am using a great American history book from the Catholic textbook project that does not ignore the Catholic contributions to American history.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Part of it is I want my son to be a little older. Really it revolves around what will their lives be as "the deacons kids"

It's really a kind of family vocation. My first vocation is a husband and a father. And though I do believe it is very likely this is also a call... We are examining and talking to people about how it all fits together.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
And yes there's also the component of we know we want to move South at some point so it would probably be wise to hold off until we know if we are.

But with that we are starting to think that maybe God just wants us here.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ugh! I hate trying to hang pics! I usually start arranging on the floor! Lol! Welcome Brinny! :)
Awwwww thanks Michie.

Hello ev'ry one. :wave:

i'm trying to hang pictures without them being crooked hahaaa

Praying for Ladybug and her family and chrystal (((hug)))

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Awwwww thanks Michie.

Hello ev'ry one. :wave:

i'm trying to hang pictures without them being crooked hahaaa

Praying for Ladybug and her family and chrystal (((hug)))
I just hung one of my mom’s all askew in the frame it’s in. I didn’t mean for it to be but I kinda had to stuff it in w/o taking it all apart. (I know!) It’s a picture of a boardwalk outside of some shacks with a small cablewire table sitting there with a flower pot on it. Very picturesque. The askewedness sometimes reminds me of my life. :) Best of everything with yours.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very wise imo.
Part of it is I want my son to be a little older. Really it revolves around what will their lives be as "the deacons kids"

It's really a kind of family vocation. My first vocation is a husband and a father. And though I do believe it is very likely this is also a call... We are examining and talking to people about how it all fits together.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And yes there's also the component of we know we want to move South at some point so it would probably be wise to hold off until we know if we are.

But with that we are starting to think that maybe God just wants us here.
That's the thing I always have issues with. My plans interferring with God's plan... I'm ashamed to say.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can relate! Lol! :D Believe me! :eek:
I just hung one of my mom’s all askew in the frame it’s in. I didn’t mean for it to be but I kinda had to stuff it in w/o taking it all apart. (I know!) It’s a picture of a boardwalk outside of some shacks with a small cablewire table sitting there with a flower pot on it. Very picturesque. The askewedness sometimes reminds me of my life. :) Best of everything with yours.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Thanks. I had to try a few times. LOL!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Measure your walls and mark those measurements on the floor. Work within those measurements. It really does help! :thumbsup:
Hey that's a good idea. Thanks Michie. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone! Went to my doctor's appointment today. I don't hear that great, so each time they called for someone to go back to see the doctor, I thought it was me. After walking back there twice, they finally did call my name and I just sat there because I wasn't sure it was for me. (They finally waved me in.) ^_^

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
@Fenwick- Viginia a serious option??

We’ll find out! They got the piece I sent them (they wanted me to edit some footage they shot just to see what I’d do with it). So now it’s just a waiting game to see what they think. I got kinda pumped today though cause my mom has a workout friend who went to college with my RCIA coordinator. And this workout friend’s stepson lives in that diocese and says it’s awesome.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0