We Need Public Representation for Low and Medium Wage Workers If This Great Reset Takes Place

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I've been thinking about this "Great Reset" and the World Economic Forum (WEF)(headed by Charles Schwab) lately. The problems I see in businesses today (and I feel others are realizing now too) is that a lot of them totally ignore the needs of the low and medium wage worker. So if the world's wealthiest business owners are going to lay out a plan so that all people will be better off and happier then these wealthy business owners need to know what make us low and medium wage workers happier in the workplace. It seems only right that low and medium wage workers should contribute to the plan of the so called "Great Reset". So here are my lists of things that would make me a happier worker.

Every worker entering the workforce will get good, affordable health insurance. We don't need to have centralized government healthcare. Companies that have over 200 workers should be able to give their workers different options of healthcare. Companies that have less that 200 workers would work with other companies with less than 200 workers to buy good quality health insurance for their workers.

Worker's should be given the necessary tools (and fairly up to date) to accomplish their jobs adequately. Workers should be equipped with fairly up to date computers (if necessary), sitting and furniture, vehicles, training, handheld devices, first aid supplies and so on.

A good wage so he/she can afford to live on their own.

At least one week of paid vacation a year and one week of sick leave a year.

No part time work status unless the worker is the one who requests it.

The chance to save for one's retirement.

If the WEF is going to set the way we workers work they need our input. A lot of us are tired of others making the rules without our input. If we are equals in this society then we need to have equal say in things.

N
Neutral Observer
Well I got halfway through the video before realizing that no substantive arguments would be forthcoming. Therefore it wasn't worth wasting any more time on. It's silly.
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,600.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

I've been thinking about this "Great Reset" and the World Economic Forum (WEF)(headed by Charles Schwab) lately. The problems I see in businesses today (and I feel others are realizing now too) is that a lot of them totally ignore the needs of the low and medium wage worker. So if the world's wealthiest business owners are going to lay out a plan so that all people will be better off and happier then these wealthy business owners need to know what make us low and medium wage workers happier in the workplace. It seems only right that low and medium wage workers should contribute to the plan of the so called "Great Reset". So here are my lists of things that would make me a happier worker.

Every worker entering the workforce will get good, affordable health insurance. We don't need to have centralized government healthcare. Companies that have over 200 workers should be able to give their workers different options of healthcare. Companies that have less that 200 workers would work with other companies with less than 200 workers to buy good quality health insurance for their workers.

Worker's should be given the necessary tools (and fairly up to date) to accomplish their jobs adequately. Workers should be equipped with fairly up to date computers (if necessary), sitting and furniture, vehicles, training, handheld devices, first aid supplies and so on.

If the WEF is going to set the way we workers work they need our input. A lot of us are tired of others making the rules without our input. If we are equals in this society then we need to have equal say in things.
Sounds like you could get all those things and more by moving to a different country.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
They’re not interested in your input. They’ve already determined what’s best. Why do you think they said you’d own nothing and be happy. Did you agree to that? Of course not. That’s the point. It isn’t democratic. They’re making the rules.

~bella

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They’re not interested in your input. They’ve already determined what’s best. Why do you think they said you’d own nothing and be happy. Did you agree to that? Of course not. That’s the point. It isn’t democratic. They’re making the rules.

~bella
They don't want our input because we are not organized and presenting any kind of input to these business owners. We, as workers, outnumber these people by more than (and I'm guestimating here) 30 to 1. But yet, we let the minority define the rules. Why? I don't know how serious this Great Reset is going to be in our future but by golly, we should have a say at the table. I am starting this argument now because this Great Reset isn't suppose to take place until 2030.
Sounds like you could get all those things and more by moving to a different country.
Does this mean you are for the Great Reset? These people at the WEF are purposing every country in the world follow their suggestions so it doesn't matter what country one lives in, you'll be doing the same thing.

One thing I left out of my original list of things low and medium income workers should receive from their work place is work itself. I along with millions of other people want to work at jobs (we just want some uniform guidelines that companies should adhere to). Working promotes a good spirit in people. Working people are doing something that is needed by others and it makes one feel complete. Who wants to sit at home and do unfulfilling work at home (yes, there is needed work around the house and then there is busy work that is more overkill than anything else - such as washing your car everyday or pulling every weed out of one's yard).

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
They don't want our input because we are not organized and presenting any kind of input to these business owners. We, as workers, outnumber these people by more than (and I'm guestimating here) 30 to 1. But yet, we let the minority define the rules. Why? I don't know how serious this Great Reset is going to be in our future but by golly, we should have a say at the table. I am starting this argument now because this Great Reset isn't suppose to take place until 2030.

You’re conditioned to be that way. They’re playing both sides. One keeps you helpless and the other inspires division. As long as you believe he’s your friend you’ll never doubt him. That’s what he’s counting on.

When you’re dealing with powerful people (or those who covet it) you have to learn how they think and what makes them tick. Because they’re not like you. The most frequent mistake is underestimation. Few rarely accept how far they’re willing to go to achieve their goal and that’s a costly mistake.

When it comes to the reset you’re seeing a few plays unfold such as (from The 48 Laws of Power):

Conceal your intentions​

Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. Guide them far enough down the wrong path, envelope them in enough smoke, and by the time they realize your intentions, it will be too late.

Learn to keep people dependent on you​

To maintain your independence you must always be needed and wanted. The more you are relied on, the more freedom you have. Make people depend on you for their happiness and prosperity and you have nothing to fear. Never teach them enough so that they can do without you.

Use selective honesty and generosity to disarm your victim​

One sincere and honest move will cover over dozens of dishonest ones. Open-hearted gestures of honesty and generosity bring down the guard of even the most suspicious people. Once your selective honesty opens a hole in their armor, you can deceive and manipulate them at will. A timely gift – a Trojan horse – will serve the same purpose.

Keep others in suspended terror, cultivate an air of unpredictability​

Humans are creatures of habit with an insatiable need to see familiarity in other people’s actions. Your predictability gives them a sense of control. Turn the tables, be deliberately unpredictable. Behavior that seems to have no consistency or purpose will keep them off-balance, and they will wear themselves out trying to explain your moves. Taken to an extreme, this strategy can intimidate and terrorize.

Play on people’s need to believe to create a cult-like following​

People have an overwhelming desire to believe in something. Become the focal point of such desire by offering them a cause, a new faith to follow. Keep your words vague but full of promise; emphasize enthusiasm over rationality and clear thinking. Give your new disciples rituals to perform, ask them to make sacrifices on your behalf. In the absence of organized religion and grand causes, your new belief system will bring you untold power.

Plan all the way to the end​

The ending is everything. Plan all the way to it, taking into account all the possible consequences, obstacles, and twists of fortune that might reverse your hard work and give the glory to others. By planning to the end you will not be overwhelmed by circumstances and you will know when to stop. Gently guide fortune and help determine the future by thinking far ahead.

Control the options, get others to play with the cards you deal​

The best deceptions are the ones that seem to give the other person a choice. Your victims feel they are in control, but are actually your puppets. Give people options that come out in your favor whichever one they choose. Force them to make choices between the lesser of two evils, both of which serve your purpose. Put them on the horns of a dilemma and they are gored wherever they turn.

Discover each man’s thumbscrew​

Everyone has a weakness, a gap in the castle wall. That weakness is usually an insecurity, an uncontrollable emotion or need; it can also be a small secret pleasure. Either way, once found, it is a thumbscrew you can turn to your advantage.

Create compelling spectacles​

Striking imagery and grand symbolic gestures create the aura of power – everyone responds to them. Stage spectacles for those around you, then full of arresting visuals and radiant symbols that heighten your presence. Dazzled by appearances, no one will notice what you are really doing.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter​

Trouble can often be traced to a single strong individual – the stirrer, the arrogant underling, the poisoned of goodwill. If you allow such people room to operate, others will succumb to their influence. Do not wait for the troubles they cause to multiply, do not try to negotiate with them – they are irredeemable. Neutralize their influence by isolating or banishing them. Strike at the source of the trouble and the sheep will scatter.

Work on the hearts and minds of others​

Coercion creates a reaction that will eventually work against you. You must seduce others into wanting to move in your direction. A person you have seduced becomes your loyal pawn. And the way to seduce others is to operate on their individual psychologies and weaknesses. Soften up the resistant by working on their emotions, playing on what they hold dear and what they fear. Ignore the hearts and minds of others and they will grow to hate you.

That’s a good starting point. I posted something earlier you might appreciate. Consider the above while you listen. They like messing with our head. We don’t have to go along.

~bella

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,600.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Does this mean you are for the Great Reset?
I was just reflecting on the fact that in the present, most industrialised countries already offer far better deals than the one you are demanding.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You’re conditioned to be that way. They’re playing both sides. One keeps you helpless and the other inspires division. As long as you believe he’s your friend you’ll never doubt him. That’s what he’s counting on.

When you’re dealing with powerful people (or those who covet it) you have to learn how they think and what makes them tick. Because they’re not like you. The most frequent mistake is underestimation. Few rarely accept how far they’re willing to go to achieve their goal and that’s a costly mistake.

When it comes to the reset you’re seeing a few plays unfold such as (from The 48 Laws of Power):

Conceal your intentions​

Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. Guide them far enough down the wrong path, envelope them in enough smoke, and by the time they realize your intentions, it will be too late.

Learn to keep people dependent on you​

To maintain your independence you must always be needed and wanted. The more you are relied on, the more freedom you have. Make people depend on you for their happiness and prosperity and you have nothing to fear. Never teach them enough so that they can do without you.

Use selective honesty and generosity to disarm your victim​

One sincere and honest move will cover over dozens of dishonest ones. Open-hearted gestures of honesty and generosity bring down the guard of even the most suspicious people. Once your selective honesty opens a hole in their armor, you can deceive and manipulate them at will. A timely gift – a Trojan horse – will serve the same purpose.

Keep others in suspended terror, cultivate an air of unpredictability​

Humans are creatures of habit with an insatiable need to see familiarity in other people’s actions. Your predictability gives them a sense of control. Turn the tables, be deliberately unpredictable. Behavior that seems to have no consistency or purpose will keep them off-balance, and they will wear themselves out trying to explain your moves. Taken to an extreme, this strategy can intimidate and terrorize.

Play on people’s need to believe to create a cult-like following​

People have an overwhelming desire to believe in something. Become the focal point of such desire by offering them a cause, a new faith to follow. Keep your words vague but full of promise; emphasize enthusiasm over rationality and clear thinking. Give your new disciples rituals to perform, ask them to make sacrifices on your behalf. In the absence of organized religion and grand causes, your new belief system will bring you untold power.

Plan all the way to the end​

The ending is everything. Plan all the way to it, taking into account all the possible consequences, obstacles, and twists of fortune that might reverse your hard work and give the glory to others. By planning to the end you will not be overwhelmed by circumstances and you will know when to stop. Gently guide fortune and help determine the future by thinking far ahead.

Control the options, get others to play with the cards you deal​

The best deceptions are the ones that seem to give the other person a choice. Your victims feel they are in control, but are actually your puppets. Give people options that come out in your favor whichever one they choose. Force them to make choices between the lesser of two evils, both of which serve your purpose. Put them on the horns of a dilemma and they are gored wherever they turn.

Discover each man’s thumbscrew​

Everyone has a weakness, a gap in the castle wall. That weakness is usually an insecurity, an uncontrollable emotion or need; it can also be a small secret pleasure. Either way, once found, it is a thumbscrew you can turn to your advantage.

Create compelling spectacles​

Striking imagery and grand symbolic gestures create the aura of power – everyone responds to them. Stage spectacles for those around you, then full of arresting visuals and radiant symbols that heighten your presence. Dazzled by appearances, no one will notice what you are really doing.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter​

Trouble can often be traced to a single strong individual – the stirrer, the arrogant underling, the poisoned of goodwill. If you allow such people room to operate, others will succumb to their influence. Do not wait for the troubles they cause to multiply, do not try to negotiate with them – they are irredeemable. Neutralize their influence by isolating or banishing them. Strike at the source of the trouble and the sheep will scatter.

Work on the hearts and minds of others​

Coercion creates a reaction that will eventually work against you. You must seduce others into wanting to move in your direction. A person you have seduced becomes your loyal pawn. And the way to seduce others is to operate on their individual psychologies and weaknesses. Soften up the resistant by working on their emotions, playing on what they hold dear and what they fear. Ignore the hearts and minds of others and they will grow to hate you.

That’s a good starting point. I posted something earlier you might appreciate. Consider the above while you listen. They like messing with our head. We don’t have to go along.

~bella
Wow, I'm impressed with you observations. It seems as if you have been keeping an eye on the corporate elite for some time. I'm glad someone else sees what I am just starting to realize about the business world.

Throughout history, the worker has always been short changed in get paid his/her just due mainly because no one ever had enough money/goods to pay them their rightful pay. But I've said this time and time again, we live in an age (where we are financially knowledgeable) where we (as a nation/group of nations) can create a new economic system that will not soak those with money but still paid workers solidly good wages for their work (and remember TIME is still MONEY - so if one gets paid to sit in front of security monitors for eight hours a day, they will still get paid a decent/livable wage or if one is a waitress/waiter they will get a full wage for their eight hours of work and still keep tips). In this day and age people who start companies will have strict guidelines as to how they compensate their workers (benefits and all). Depending how the business owner's product(s) sell will determine his/her wage and how much will be placed back into the company for bettering it but the workers will get their full compensation for their work.

There will be no more of this hidden agenda by the business owners to make their workers super efficient so that the company can maximize its profits. Each person is different in the way and how hard they work. They cannot be shaped into a "one size works for all" mold. So this aggressively pushing those who don't work as fast as others (but are usually more accurate, careful, perfectful) will stop. A business owners income will not be based on the amount the company puts out but the quality of the product.

Since the workers are being paid by the company (but not from the company's profit but through a third party who generates the revenue (yes, government will no longer generate the money; they will earn it by taxes (and fair ones), the customer will not be subject to these ultra high prices. They will be able to afford buying, for example, a new A/C unit and a new roof on their house (all in the same pay period) for a decent price - A/C $400, roof $1000 (a fictitious example).

Business leaders at the WEF - let's talk!

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you a business owner? If you are then nothing for you will change if you make a good product. Nobody wants to move to another country. They just want fair wages (that are not determine by the guy at the top).

Sorry, I just read your response to my response to you. The problem with other countries is that they steal money from the rich (in the form of real high taxes) to fix the poor's problems. Not cool. If you work and earn the money you should be able to keep most of it. Yes, the rich can pay more in taxes than the poor or middle income but don't soak them.

There is a better way and we can create it if economists put their minds to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,600.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Are you a business owner? If you are then nothing for you will change if you make a good product. Nobody wants to move to another country. They just want fair wages (that are not determine by the guy at the top).

Sorry, I just read your response to my response to you. The problem with other countries is that they steal money from the rich (in the form of real high taxes) to fix the poor's problems. Not cool. If you work and earn the money you should be able to keep most of it. Yes, the rich can pay more in taxes than the poor or middle income but don't soak them.
[/QUOTE]
Taxes aren't theft.
I'm sure the wealth will just trickle down if you let the rich keep all their money.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

They don't need your input...

They need someone more desperate than you willing to settle for far less.

Fortunately, half this country is dumb enough to allow 2 million people a year who fit that bill in illegally.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They don't want our input because we are not organized and presenting any kind of input to these business owners.
That doesn't matter.

We, as workers, outnumber these people by more than (and I'm guestimating here) 30 to 1.
That doesn't matter either.

But yet, we let the minority define the rules. Why?

I'll admit it's pretty bold to put into writing.

I don't know how serious this Great Reset is going to be in our future but by golly, we should have a say at the table.
Why?

I am starting this argument now because this Great Reset isn't suppose to take place until 2030.

Kudos for thinking ahead.

Does this mean you are for the Great Reset? These people at the WEF are purposing every country in the world follow their suggestions so it doesn't matter what country one lives in, you'll be doing the same thing.

Yeah. They've amassed a lot of power in wealth. That translates to a lot of power in other things.

One thing I left out of my original list of things low and medium income workers should receive from their work place is work itself. I along with millions of other people want to work at jobs (we just want some uniform guidelines that companies should adhere to). Working promotes a good spirit in people. Working people are doing something that is needed by others and it makes one feel complete. Who wants to sit at home and do unfulfilling work at home (yes, there is needed work around the house and then there is busy work that is more overkill than anything else - such as washing your car everyday or pulling every weed out of one's yard).
It's great that you want to work and all...

I'll even applaud your overtures at collective bargaining.

But you won't have any leverage. These people aren't idiots...they know climate change is coming....they are preparing. The sustainability nonsense is a distraction....it won't happen. The Amish are probably the closest to a sustainable lifestyle. You'll be eating bugs.

As millions and millions of people flee the increasingly bad conditions in equatorial nations....they'll pour into Europe and the US. They will have nothing and will gladly do twice the work you do for half the cost. You only have leverage if you prevent this....and even then, they'll probably fund legal ways to ship them in.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

A better way????

You can literally determine how wealthy a nation is by either....

1. How long ago they understood and implemented capitalism.

2. If they got lucky enough to be sitting on a fortune in national resources and have the military to defend it.

If you understand even a little about #2....it's a matter of luck, of chance. No way to acquire apart from economics or violence.

If you understand 1....then you should know that capitalism is just a fancy term for the basic economic principles first understood, and explained, a few hundred years ago. It's a phenomenological description of markets and trade. It's not a thing we can really change because it's based on how people act generally.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Taxes aren't theft.

I'm sure the wealth will just trickle down if you let the rich keep all their money.
[/QUOTE]
You obviously aren't following what I saying, so please stop with the snide comments. You, along with Ana the 1st are what is wrong with our economic system. Nobody wants to start a honest dialog on bettering EVERYBODY's economic status. And I want to state to you that I too don't believe trickle down economics works either but targeting the rich with super high taxes is stealing.

Try to make sense of this if you can; pay the low and middle income worker a much better wage so they can pay more taxes but still live very comfortably and afford alot more than they can afford now. The government can still have the more affluent pay a higher percentage of taxes but they would get more from the lower 60% of the people in the country in addition now.

At the same time though, government needs to slow down on spending on unnecessary services.

The bottom line is the country needs to come up with a better economic system.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow, I'm impressed with you observations. It seems as if you have been keeping an eye on the corporate elite for some time. I'm glad someone else sees what I am just starting to realize about the business world.

I’ve had an opportunity to go behind the scenes in finance, consulting and real estate. Things look different on the inside.

Throughout history, the worker has always been short changed in get paid his/her just due mainly because no one ever had enough money/goods to pay them their rightful pay.

Greedy capitalists will always extract the most at the lowest wages. They aren’t interested in fairness. Profits come first.

In this day and age people who start companies will have strict guidelines as to how they compensate their workers (benefits and all). Depending how the business owner's product(s) sell will determine his/her wage and how much will be placed back into the company for bettering it but the workers will get their full compensation for their work.

They’ll circumvent the rule and move operations and I doubt it would pass. Your representatives are millionaires. They serve the ones who line their pockets not the people. When in doubt look at their connections. Read the social publications. The company you keep is telling.

There will be no more of this hidden agenda by the business owners to make their workers super efficient so that the company can maximize its profits. Each person is different in the way and how hard they work. They cannot be shaped into a "one size works for all" mold. So this aggressively pushing those who don't work as fast as others (but are usually more accurate, careful, perfectful) will stop. A business owners income will not be based on the amount the company puts out but the quality of the product.

They’ve eliminated the worker problem through AI. They’re rolling them out and replacing people. Robots don’t get sick, tired, or require benefits. Self-driving cars, trucks, and robotic nurses. They’ve done more than they admit.

Business leaders at the WEF - let's talk!

There’s three ways to make that happen:

Make a lot of money
Have a lot of influence
Have a prominent position

Everyone who attends those events are on the same page. There’s no dissenters. The best way to reduce the economic impact of what’s to come is through ownership. Everyone should have a side hustle and work towards financial autonomy. Relying on an employer to do the right thing is unwise. They answer to someone and it isn’t you.

Increasing your income provides options and mobility. If things go awry you can leave and go elsewhere with work that’s portable. This is a knowledge economy that should be exploited. Hedge with crypto. Digital currency is coming. It’s all about positioning.

Shaking your fist is fine until you get a pink slip. Now what? Layoffs have started and there’s more to come in the first quarter. Put a safety net in place that provides income just in case. And don’t rely on investments. Creating income is best.

~bella

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,600.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You obviously aren't following what I saying, so please stop with the snide comments. You, along with Ana the 1st are what is wrong with our economic system.
If the economic system can't handle two people, that's not my fault.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If the economic system can't handle two people, that's not my fault.

I didn't realize the burden we created just the pair of us.

Wait till he reads the chapter where he's eating bugs.

If you don't understand that pay increases are relative to purchasing power and they don't see steak tartar in your future....figure out why before blaming others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If we are equals in this society then we need to have equal say in things.
Who said anything about everyone being equals in society?

I don't think that's ever been the case, nor do I think that it's ever been the expectation.

There are certain rights and privileges that we mandate equal opportunity for (and a few others that we probably should be, like healthcare), but I don't want to live in a society where everyone has an equal say in how everything is ran.

For the same reason I don't want the hospital HVAC tech and the hospital chief cardiologist to both have an equal say in the hospital protocol for treating a-fib.

Upvote 0