God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
More Detail @ CNBC Article Link http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/we-choose-the-nominee-not-the-voters-senior-gop-official.html
We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official
"
Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held."

Despite all the bluster I think November's ballot will read as Trump vs. Clinton.
God help us.

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And how does that verse apply to this report in your opinion?

Sorry. In hindsight, I should have quoted the part of your post that I was responding to, to wit,

"Despite all the bluster I think November's ballot will read as Trump vs. Clinton.
God help us."

I am really beginning to wonder if a Trump/Clinton ballot will be the reality if, for no other reason than that we (the American church) have brought this kind of judgment on ourselves. This would truly be a no-win election for Christians. And, it really defies logic that Trump is doing so well, particularly among "evangelicals".

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also don't know how Trump can do well among the Evangelical community. He's everything that runs contrary to the teachings.However, I do agree that these candidates can be said to be an example of what a nation reaps when it sows discord and that which is contrary to sound Biblical teachings.

Wanted to add this too.
It's odd that Trump gets the Evangelical support while Dr. Ben Carson gets the backlash for supporting him. How is that consistent?

NPR Article

NewsMax http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/ben-carson-backlash-trump/2016/03/11/id/718744/
Carson Gets Evangelical, Conservative Backlash Over Trump Endorsement

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here,"
Yep.
Despite all the bluster I think November's ballot will read as Trump vs. Clinton.
God help us.
Nope.

The GOP will not choose Trump.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the hubris of people like Haugland is going to become more and more public before the election takes place.
After all, what can we do about corrupt government leadership and lying politicians? My God, we re-elect them as it is!
And we pray we can afford to survive on a net income after we've paid the IRS for the right to be employed legally.Free country? Cute.

Upvote 0