RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel says that 2024 GOP presidential candidates will have to pledge loyalty to the eventual nominee

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I forget who was using a moldy peach or something as a place holder in the rankings, but I think Haley, Burgum and Scott beat the moldy peach.
It was a moldy turnip, but I think your assessment is accurate.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is there a clause for withdrawing support if the nominated candidate is wearing an ankle monitor?
a good idea

BTW, I think that the pledge is a really bad idea, since Trump won't take the pledge.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Listless vessels" at the mercy of Trump Social?

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and his presidential campaign over the weekend attempted to clarify comments he made to a reporter when he said that Republicans cannot be “listless vessels.”

DeSantis made the comments in an interview published Friday by the Florida Standard, an online politics outlet that describes itself as center-right.

“The movement has got to be about what are you trying to achieve on behalf of the American people,” he said in the interview. “And that’s got to be based in principle. Because if you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"Listless vessels" at the mercy of Trump Social?

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and his presidential campaign over the weekend attempted to clarify comments he made to a reporter when he said that Republicans cannot be “listless vessels.”

DeSantis made the comments in an interview published Friday by the Florida Standard, an online politics outlet that describes itself as center-right.

“The movement has got to be about what are you trying to achieve on behalf of the American people,” he said in the interview. “And that’s got to be based in principle. Because if you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

My family members make much over that fact that I’ve never seen (an) the ocean.
But a “listless vessel” should oughta be one where the ballast is properly trimmed and the ship steers true…but that’s according to landlubber me.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Larry Elder, Perry Johnson planning to sue RNC after failing to make first primary debate

Elder ... said he met all the requirements set by the RNC to participate in Wednesday’s debate in Milwaukee, yet it informed him he was not eligible to participate. He said the committee only informed him after sending in his qualification package for the debate that polls from a specific polling company he used in it weren’t valid.

“The reason, as stated by the RNC, is that Rasmussen Polls have ties to former President Donald Trump — an individual who is not even participating in the upcoming debate,” Elder’s campaign said in a statement attached to his post.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Larry Elder, Perry Johnson planning to sue RNC after failing to make first primary debate

Elder ... said he met all the requirements set by the RNC to participate in Wednesday’s debate in Milwaukee, yet it informed him he was not eligible to participate. He said the committee only informed him after sending in his qualification package for the debate that polls from a specific polling company he used in it weren’t valid.

“The reason, as stated by the RNC, is that Rasmussen Polls have ties to former President Donald Trump — an individual who is not even participating in the upcoming debate,” Elder’s campaign said in a statement attached to his post.
I wonder what they think a plausible cause of action would be.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

lol, Rasmussen is no longer good enough for the RNC?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
lol, Rasmussen is no longer good enough for the RNC?
Apparently the issue isn't Rasmussen, but the specific poll. It was done in partnership with a PAC that the RNC believes is affiliated with Trump, and they won't accept polls run by candidates.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Christie, Hutchinson and Hurd — who have all spoken out against Trump in the course of their campaigns — have promised they will not sign,
Christie and Hutchinson have taken part in debates, so I assume they broke their promise.

I don't even know whether Will Hurd signed or not. He probably never got enough support for it to be relevant. Anyway, he's out.

Will Hurd drops out of 2024 Republican presidential race and backs Nikki Haley

Hurd entered the race in June as an outspoken critic of the former president and was one of the few Republican contenders willing to attack Trump directly. He accused his fellow GOP candidates of being afraid of Trump and argued that the former president, who currently faces 91 criminal charges across four separate criminal cases against him, was running for a second term in order to “stay out of jail.”

In backing Haley, a former ambassador to the United Nations under Trump, Hurd praised her as a leader who can navigate national security challenges. “Ambassador Haley has shown a willingness to articulate a different vision for the country than Donald Trump and has an unmatched grasp on the complexities of our foreign policy,” he said.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,434.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning...'
Now that's quite a decent mixed metaphor if nothing else.

images (1).jpeg

Upvote 0