✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thunderchild said:
"The Bible says no men want him" - chapter(s) and verse(s) would be of benefit.

*Rom 3:10**
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Rom 3:11**
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

*Rom 3:12**
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Not not only does unregenerate man not seek God he is incapable of understanding the gospel

1Cr 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
All grace is, is undeserved favor.

Except you are saying that man does deserve it.It is as if you are saying that it is ours to loose
A man can except it or not, and if he can't chose, then he has no free will. He is in fact a puppet, or atleast with this decision.
In Peter, I think, it says that it is Gods will that all men get saved. Aren't there men in the bible that went to hell? But yet it wasn't Gods will, was it, according to Peter.

Men do indeed have free will. Men will always choose what they prefer. The question is what does the natural unregenerate man choose? Look around you and what do you see? Why would men refuse the gospel when they are told that a failure to accept Christ will send them to Hell?
What would make a man act against his own eternal self interest?

That scripture in Peter is addressed to the elect not to the unsaved.

Why did you act in your own self interest and others not? Are you smarter or more holy or more clever. What sets you apart?

The second question, is one of the most asked by unbelievers. And my answer is always the same. Show me a person that has never heard of Jesus. If you can show me a person, then I will witness to them, and fix that problem. :p
I personaly don't think there are people that have never heard of Jesus.

Does every person you give the gospel to get saved?
The same gospel that saves also condemns .

It is foolishness with out the quickening of the Holy Ghost. Listen to the world mock Christ , listen to them joke about hell.

BTW there are millions that died never hearing about Christ. Why if it was Gods intent and will for all men to be saved could he not do it. Can God do what he wills or not?

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
okeydokey said:
Of course there are people who have never heard of Jesus. I have a friend who came here from China about 15 years ago and she, as well as her husband, had never heard of Jesus. Now she and her husband are christians.

You are correct. Even today the Muslim countries are closed to the gospel as is China

It is tempting to think in terms of today . But the fact is for most of the time since creation there was no television or internet. The men in the Bush in 1600 did not hear of Christ except by a missionary .

Upvote 0

okeydokey

Jul 11, 2003
✟173.00
rnmomof7 said:
BTW there are millions that died never hearing about Christ. Why if it was Gods intent and will for all men to be saved could he not do it. Can God do what he wills or not?

Of course God can do what he wills and he respects the free will he gave humans. That is why we need to choose not to reject Jesus. Also, I seem to recall that in the new testament is a passage saying that if someone never has the opportunity to even know the existance of Jesus yet beliefs the principles embodied in the Bible then that person is as a christian.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
okeydokey said:
Of course God can do what he wills and he respects the free will he gave humans. That is why we need to choose not to reject Jesus. Also, I seem to recall that in the new testament is a passage saying that if someone never has the opportunity to even know the existance of Jesus yet beliefs the principles embodied in the Bible then that person is as a christian.

I would suggest that you hunt up that scripture for me (hint it does not exist)

Upvote 0
Quaffer said:
I don't think I had any part in my salvation. I do believe though that I choose whether to walk in obedience to Him or not. :)

awesome response

but have you been baptised..........hee hee hee

Oh yeh the Spirit baptised us IN Christ

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.