US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The aliens spoken of were of the house of Israel, the ten tribes no longer of consequence. To the Jews (and Levites) the rest of their Abrahamic family of the original 12 tribes were called gentiles, in other words any one who was not a Jew (or Levite) was a gentile.

Don't forget about Benjamin.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
the new covenant is with God & Israel - the Messiah is the mediator

nowhere does God or Messiah, Prophets or Apostles say the Messiah is the new covenant

the new covenant is detailed here:

Jeremiah 31:31-33

The old covenant was between God and Israel.

The new is in the shedding of His blood.

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don,t support replacement theology,and israel never changes his name since jacob israel.

We haven't replaced them. Romans 11 has explained that to me. All i am saying is we are part of Israel. We are grafted on the root which is Christ just like the natural branches were on the root of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
God has called both Gentiles and Jews to salvation.

Acts 10:44-46 (WEB) While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all those who heard the word. 45 They of the circumcision who believed were amazed, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was also poured out on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in other languages and magnifying God.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just one of the 12 tribes of the house of Israel.

Benjamin stayed with Judah

(CLV) 1Ki 12:21
When Rehoboam came to Jerusalem, he assembled all the house of Judah and the tribe of Benjamin, 180,000 choice men, practiced in battle, to fight against the house of Israel, in order to restore the kingship to Rehoboam son of Solomon.

(CLV) 1Ki 12:23
Speak to Rehoboam son of Solomon king of Judah, to all the house of Judah and Benjamin, and to the rest of the people, saying,

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The old covenant was between God and Israel.

The new is in the shedding of His blood.
With all due respect, you are incorrect. The Messiah’s blood is the blood shed for the new covenant, but the new covenant is between God & Israel:

Behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith Yahweh: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith Yahweh, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know Yahweh: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Yahweh: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God has called both Gentiles and Jews to salvation.

(CLV) Jer 31:31
Behold, the days are coming, averring is Yahweh, when I will contract a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

From which house are you in contract with YHWH?

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
With all due respect, you are incorrect. The Messiah’s blood is the blood shed for the new covenant, but the new covenant is between God & Israel:

Matt. 26:28
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The New Covenant is not a covenant made for the Jews only. It is for all mankind.

The NC is in the blood of Christ, that's why I said the NC is Christ.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The New Covenant is not a covenant made for the Jews only. It is for all mankind.

The NC is in the blood of Christ, that's why I said the NC is Christ.
The Messiah’s blood is the blood of the covenant between God & Israel. The new covenant is not with mankind. It’s made with a specific group of people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
For this is My blood OF the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

It is OF the covenant. This verse does NOT say that it IS the covenant.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Peter John

Feb 12, 2019
peterborough
✟33,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God has always loved Israel, the 'apple of His eye", despite their disobedience. Literal Israel of the old testament, & Spiritual Israel of the new testament, & up to when Yeshua returns. I am Gentile, but a Spiritual jew.

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
where did Jesus say he came to save people from other nations other than Israel?

Romans 9:25 KJV — As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Hosea 2:23 KJV — And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is only one covenant! Both Jew and Gentile make up this one covenant.

But the church is not Israel! We are not the natural branches of the olive tree.

Romans 11:17-18

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Those rooted in Christ (believers - rooted in Him) are His Israel ... His church.

All are grafted into the tree (Christ) ... the natural branches are grafted into the tree as well as the wild ones.

Romans 11:24
For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

The poster is correct ... all believers are His Israel ... His people ... His church ... grafted into the tree of life ... rooted in Christ.

May all be enlightened to this wonderful truth. Amen.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Messiah’s blood is the blood of the covenant between God & Israel. The new covenant is not with mankind. It’s made with a specific group of people.
It is OF the covenant. This verse does NOT say that it IS the covenant.

There is no new covenant without the blood of Christ.

There is no salvation without the blood of Christ.

I would say then, the blood of Christ is the new covenant in that it was the plan of God for mans salvation from the beginning of man.

Define it as you see fit!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We Are Israel

The main problem we as a people have is identifying with Israel which is the name God gave his people. Here take a look at these scriptures:

Ephesians 2:11-14
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made BOTH one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

This states that we were strangers from Israel, but now we are not.

Galatians 3:16 KJV — Now to Abraham and his SEED were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:29 KJV — And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 3:7 KJV — Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

These clearly state we are of the seed of Abraham if we have faith. Therefore we are of Israel.
Care should be taken to clarify this position so folks do not read it to teach Replacement Theology. The Gentile is grafted into the existing "tree." Gentile converts do not replace Jews. The tree was and is and has always been Christ, Christ crucified, reconciling sinful humanity to God. The righteous shall live by faith. In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile. Grafted together, not one replacing another.

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Care should be taken to clarify this position so folks do not read it to teach Replacement Theology. The Gentile is grafted into the existing "tree." Gentile converts do not replace Jews. The tree was and is and has always been Christ, Christ crucified, reconciling sinful humanity to God. The righteous shall live by faith. In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile. Grafted together, not one replacing another.

Yeah, i should have mentioned Romans 11 about us being grafted in. Will make sure when i post a thread again to be as thorough as possible. Thanks

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Literal Israel of the old testament

(CLV) Ex 12:37
The sons of Israel journeyed from Rameses toward Succoth, asabout six hundred thousand men on foot, those of mastery, besides the little ones.

(CLV) Ex 12:38
Moreover a mixed multitude ascended with them, and flocks, herds and cattle, exceedingly heavy.

(CLV) Ec 1:9
What occurred once, it shall occur again, And what was done, it shall be done again. There is nothing at all new under the sun.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Romans 11:17-18

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Those rooted in Christ (believers - rooted in Him) are His Israel ... His church.

All are grafted into the tree (Christ) ... the natural branches are grafted into the tree as well as the wild ones.

Romans 11:24
For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

The poster is correct ... all believers are His Israel ... His people ... His church ... grafted into the tree of life ... rooted in Christ.

May all be enlightened to this wonderful truth. Amen.

Spiritually but not physically.

The promised land is a physical and spiritual statement in scripture.

All who trust in Christ will inherit the spiritual promised land.

According to Ezek. 40-48 only the tribes of Israel will inherit the physical promised land.

If you are Israel, what tribe are you from?

What is your ancestry to the physical promised land?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no new covenant without the blood of Christ.

There is no salvation without the blood of Christ.

I would say then, the blood of Christ is the new covenant in that it was the plan of God for mans salvation from the beginning of man.

Define it as you see fit!
You are defining it based on your viewpoint - we are defining it based on the word of God.

Upvote 0