We are in the Tribulation now, aren't we?

Are we in the Tribulation now?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

• Don't care (if you voted this you need to see if you are indeed right with God)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the posttribs were right, and I, a pretribulationist, was wrong.

I've heard that the mark of the beast itself is being instituted in some places, and that the new world government will be started in the space of weeks. . . :eek:

I don't know what to do though. Should I give up my college plans? stand on a street corner handing out tracts until the government locks me away for it? begin doing whatever I can to "become invisible?"

If anyone could tell me some things I could do, I would be soo grateful. :)

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rule of thumb:

PLAN your life as if you're going to be here for a long time, and die at the age of 112.

LIVE your life as if Jesus is going to come back in the next 5 minutes.

In other words, if you're living as you should, when Jesus returns, you're all set. And if you're planning as you should, if Jesus tarries, you're still all set.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are two different types of tribulations. We have trials and tribulations constantly. In these trials we grow in our spiritual maturity. When we conquer them we are strengthened and our wisdom grows.

But the other tribulation that it appears you are referring to, it isn't here yet. This will be the seven year tribulation that will reveal the Man of Sin, the anti-christ. This tribulation won't begin until the anti-christ confirms a (7 yr.) peace covenant, probably between Israel and her surrounding neighbors, the muslims. I believe the rapture will precede this tribulation period as do many other christians, but not all.

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Hi Susan, I had a dream a couple of nights ago that directly concered the coming Tribulation. I would like to share that with you and others;

In my dream I was a Jewish boy, a servant of a wealthy family, who witnessed his family (and hundreds of others) being driven through the city like cattle to their death. These chosen women, children and men did not fight back; there was a calmness about them, and I marvelled that they were those of the Great Tribulation, who were walking towards their own death. Because I watched this in hiding and I was spared, it was a gut wretching thing to try to understand. A second Holocaust was what the dream was telling me. Is it prophetic? I cannot say, but think about this...if the Holocaust from WWII fifty years ago (that slaughtered millions) was NOT the great tribulation, how much more terrible will it be???
Be prepared; spiritually, mentally.

Wildfire

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
"In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33 means daily tribulations, like persecutions, snubbings and general bad days. He is not referring to the Tirbulation or Great Tribulation of Revelation. He was speaking in the present tense in John 16:33, but in the future tense for his other references to tribulation.

If we are in the Tribulation, when did the events happen? I didn't see them, did you?

Susan, don't worry about what you should do with your future. Jesus said, "So don't ever worry about tomorrow. After all, tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Upvote 0
No, no we are not in the 70th week of Daniel yet. When the Covenant of Death is signed between Israel and AntiChrist THAT is when the heavenly time clock begins and 7 years from that time will user in the millenial kingdom. But those 7 years of waiting will be a dear price to pay...

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't live in judea or follow the sabbath comandment of Moses , then the tribulation will not be as bad for you as it will be for the jews  :

MATHEW   24

The Great Tribulation
<SUP>(3)</SUP> <SUP>15</SUP> "Therefore when you see the "abomination of desolation,'<SUP>[3]</SUP> spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),<SUP> 16</SUP>"then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.<SUP> 17</SUP>Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house.<SUP> 18</SUP>And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.<SUP> 19</SUP>But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!<SUP> 20</SUP>And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.<SUP> 21</SUP>For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.<SUP> 22</SUP>And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.&nbsp;

Gods two wittnesses do battle against the beast from the city of jerusalem .

There is nowere else to look for a mark on forehead or hand .

http://www.shemayisrael.co.il/tefillin/ashkenaz.htm

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Judaism/tefillin.html

They will also understand the meaning of 666 to = a mans name .

http://www.inner.org/gematria/gematria.htm

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When the Chicago Cubs finally make it to a World Series and win it, then we will be living in the end times for Hell hath frozen over........

I just say take Jesus' words to heart about being prepared for a thief in the night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
There are two different 3 1/2 year periods spoken of. Are we sure they are back to back?
They could run concurrently or seperately also.
I think we are in the first of the 3 1/2 periods, and have been since on or around Sept 11, 2001. 911. When the towers fell and Bush went out on his new crusade of "good vs. evil".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan David

Sep 5, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟2,226.00
Faith
Atheist
Originally posted by Duane Morse
There are two different 3 1/2 year periods spoken of. Are we sure they are back to back?
I think we are in the first of the 3 1/2 periods, and have been since on or around Sept 11, 2001. 911. When the towers fell and Bush went out on his new crusade of "good vs. evil".

I think it may be presumptous of us the try to fit 9/11 into Biblical prophecy. Terrible though it was, people have done much worse things to other people throughout history.&nbsp;Whatever terrible things happen in our time and to our country will seem the most significant, but it's important to keep things in historical perspective.

Personally I'm cautious about taking Revelation too literally. Most scholars think the author was writing for the benefit of Christians living at the time. The Roman authorities&nbsp;would have arrested him if he'd used real people's names, so he wrote in a kind of code that his contemporaries would understand. It was a message that they would endure the persecution they were under and eventually triumph and flourish - which they did.

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Duane Morse

Well of course in your case they would have to be separate, because if they are not, then your prediction of the "end of the world" would fall through in another five years or so, so you have to cover your back this way.&nbsp; There is no biblical evidence to suggest that there is a gap between the two periods in Daniel....read the scriptures, and stop using Jack Van Impe as a source.

I think it is very irresponsible of anyone to set dates.&nbsp;

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To all Preterists posting in this forum:

Please adhear to forum rules, and specifically to what Erwin has outlined about this forum.

Click Here.

Any Preterists, who continue posting Preterist views, links, etc., in the Eschatology forum, will have their account suspended for two weeks.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)

John

Upvote 0

Nathan David

Sep 5, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟2,226.00
Faith
Atheist
Originally posted by TheBear
To all Preterists posting in this forum:

Please adhear to forum rules, and specifically to what Erwin has outlined about this forum.

Click Here.

Any Preterists, who continue posting Preterist views, links, etc., in the Eschatology forum, will have their account suspended for two weeks.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)

John

I hope that wasn't referring to me. I wasn't trying to say that the second coming has already happened, just that Revelation shouldn't be read as a literal prophecy of how it will come about.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Nathan David
I hope that (the Bear's&nbsp;familiar preterist warning post) wasn't referring to me. I wasn't trying to say that the second coming has already happened, just that Revelation shouldn't be read as a literal prophecy of how it will come about.
&nbsp;

&nbsp;
Nathan,

Don't worry, as I understand the rules here, from my private inquiries with the site owner on this subject, as long as you are still&nbsp;"awaiting Jesus return", you can believe everything else in scripture has already been fulfilled, and be welcome to post in the eschatology section.&nbsp;

&nbsp;
The only beliefs baned from espousing here,&nbsp;are the beliefs that Jesus isn't returning, or has already returned.

Espousing a belief that everything but Jesus final return has been fulfilled, is apparantly 100%acceptable for discussion in the eschatology section.

&nbsp;

LD

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.