We are dogs and Jesus was not sent for us but the Israelits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homie

Gods servant
Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
✟15,878.00
Faith
Christian
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
What!? Has he only come for Israelites? And are the rest of us dogs? Are we not worthy of his salvation?
Help a brother understand the scriptures
:help: :help:

Live4Jesus

Dec 31, 2002
VA
Visit site
✟1,365.00
Originally posted by Br. Max
Lets not forget that Matthew was written to the Jews - The chosen of Jehovah. Do not forget that a gentiles salvation comes through being grafted into the vine which is Israel.

Good point... further stated like this:

Do not forget that a gentiles salvation comes through being grafted into the vine which is Israel and not vice versa.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Jews regard Gentiles (non-Jew race) as "dogs"/outcasts. The order of things was that although Jesus wld die for the whole world, the preaching of the Gospel wld go to the Jews first, becos they are the chosen ppl of God. The Israelites rejected Jesus but the Gentiles gladly received him. Once you receive Jesus, you are no longer Jew or Gentile but the beloved church/bride of Christ.

The Gentile woman in that story asked for something that was not for her time yet, but Jesus honoured her faith nonetheless. The bread represents the Word or healing, and it was/wld be given to the gentiles too.

at the time when Jesus was ministering to the Jews, the gentiles were already receiving the spillover crumbs eg the Roman centurion whose servant was healed, and this gentile woman in question.

it does not mean that the gentiles get the leftover. it just means it was not time yet, yet there were crumbs spilling off for the gentiles.

God then raised Paul to preach to the gentiles. And Paul had more revelation than the other Apostles.

tht's the jist of it. :)

Upvote 0

hugoguttman

Nov 13, 2002
Pueblo
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh boy... That was a doubt I had when I recently accepted Jesus in my life. We are dogs... I used to say. But let me tell you that God had a perfect plan. That plan consist in make Israel to reject Jesus to save the world, as it´s written in John 1:11
1He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jesus said something about us in John 10:16
16I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
and as you can see even in Mathew 28:19-20 says:
9Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[1] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
But that was said when He had already resurrected.
Glory to Jesus.
Pax.
Hugo.
:D

Upvote 0

Homie

Gods servant
Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
✟15,878.00
Faith
Christian
Lets not forget that Matthew was written to the Jews
So Matthew got it wrong? Jesus never said that? That would be saying the Bible is false and I do not believe it.

Hugo, so in John 10:16 he calls us sheep, we are equals to the Jews. But in
Matt 15:26 he calls us dogs in comparison to children (the Jews). Sure the Jews saw the rest as dogs but, but Jesus? What are we, sheep or dogs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.