Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It would be nice if a mod could correct that spelling and punctuation.

But if we're descended from space travellers, one wonders what the space travellers were descended from - if not monkeys, then perhaps other space travellers, and so on...

Who needs God? It could be space travellers all the way down ;)

Anyone that has seen the original Planet of the Apes series knows that it's a tautological self-fulfilling prophecy.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There are 2 major christian camps.

Catholic 1.2 billion

Protestant 900 million.

Off topic, but just wanted to point out that this is wrong.

It ignores the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox, the Assyrian Church, and the Old Catholic Churches; it also possibly excludes Anglicans, depending on whether one wants to identify Anglicans as Protestant or not. This also doesn't account for various groups that tend to be regarded as heretical or heterodox such as Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.

And while we often lump Protestants altogether for convenience, this betrays the fact that there is no such thing as "Protestantism", instead there are diverse traditions which are directly or indirectly related to the Reformation and they all end up being called "Protestant" by convention. But there is an even bigger difference between, say, Lutherans and Baptists then say Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox; so calling both Lutherans and Baptists "Protestants" while conventional, betrays the significance of differences which exist.

/offtopic

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Off topic, but just wanted to point out that this is wrong.

It ignores the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox, the Assyrian Church, and the Old Catholic Churches; it also possibly excludes Anglicans, depending on whether one wants to identify Anglicans as Protestant or not. This also doesn't account for various groups that tend to be regarded as heretical or heterodox such as Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.

And while we often lump Protestants altogether for convenience, this betrays the fact that there is no such thing as "Protestantism", instead there are diverse traditions which are directly or indirectly related to the Reformation and they all end up being called "Protestant" by convention. But there is an even bigger difference between, say, Lutherans and Baptists then say Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox; so calling both Lutherans and Baptists "Protestants" while conventional, betrays the significance of differences which exist.

/offtopic

-CryptoLutheran

Hey and God bless :)

I chose to target those 2 major camps as they both believe in the same Jesus - regardless of diversity. Please excuse me for not including all denominations and their pets. :)

My main arguement was to show that the majority of christians worship the same God, the same Jesus. This is why i chose the main 2.

The stats i supplied were from Google. I am willing to accept any other figures and hope if im wrong all can be forgiven.

Im very aware that their are differences in many denominations. Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We are decedents of space traveler’s; not monkeys

Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans have been humans since making our first step on this planet.

Earth was formed 4.543 billion years ago

The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago (climate change debate is over)

Homo sapiens first walked on this planet 200,000 years ago. So humans have been around for a mere 0.004% of the Earth's history.

It was not evolution that transformed us into what we are today, it was the seed of life that visitors “planted” on this planet.

Just as we will do on another life supporting planet in our near future.

We are aliens on our own planet

The question remaining is when will they say hello?
This thread was created to facilitate discussion, so go for it.
BTW I have supporting evidence​
Now let the debate begin :)-
Any evidence for any of thee claims? The "The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago " one particularly stood out for me.

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any evidence for any of thee claims? The "The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago " one particularly stood out for me.

I had to back off on that one. 65% of the earth was covered in ice.

my bad :)-

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any evidence for any of thee claims?

Look, you don't know me from Adam. If you had told me this out of the blue I would question it too.
All I ask is that you check it out & then get back here posting the evidence

:)-

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I had to back off on that one. 65% of the earth was covered in ice.

my bad :)-

I don't know where you got that 65% figure from. During the last ice age roughly half of North America, very little of South America, practically none of Africa or Australia and perhaps half of Europe and Asia were covered. The gray in the image are ice sheets:

Last_glacial_vegetation_map.png

And this site says that only 32% at the most was covered by ice at the greatest extent of our current ice age:
Facts about glaciers | National Snow and Ice Data Center

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The finding appears to add solid evidence to the theory of an ancient "snowball Earth."

The discovery hinged on proving that the right rocks had been covered by glaciers in the right place at the right time.

Study leader Francis Macdonald, an Earth scientist at Harvard University, and colleagues worked with volcanic rocks in Canada that were found sandwiched between glacial deposits. Such deposits are recognizable by the presence of debris left behind by melting glaciers and sediments deformed by glacial movement.

Using extremely precise uranium-lead mass spectrometry, the researchers determined that both the volcanic rocks and glacial sediments were deposited about 716.5 million years ago—during the purported snowball-Earth period.

The team then matched their findings to previous magnetic studies that had found these rocks had formed when Canada was situated near the Equator.

Over time the movement of Earth's tectonic plates had pushed the rocks north to Canada's Yukon and Northwest Territories.

Snowball Earth or Mud-ball Earth?

There's still plenty of mystery surrounding snowball Earth—aka the Sturtian glaciation—Macdonald said.

For example, an icy Equator alone can't tell scientists the extent of ice cover around the world. The continents may have been in a total deep freeze, or the planet may have simply been subjected to a patchwork of constantly moving glaciers or icebergs—or something in between.

And even the "snowball Earth" name might need rethinking.

Earth probably wasn't "just a white ball, but more of a mud ball," Macdonald said. Regular eruptions of ash-spewing volcanoes likely made the continents "dusty messes."

Since plants had not yet evolved 700 million years ago, the dirty ice could have been the only dark spots on Earth's surface to absorb the sun's rays. As a result, these regions may have been more likely to melt, creating water bodies where primitive life-forms, such as algae and fungi, could thrive.

That some organisms survived—and even branched off into new species—during the Sturtian glaciation adds credence to the idea that snowball Earth harbored open-water refuges, or at least cracks in the ice, Macdonald said.

For instance, modern-day ice cracks off Antarctica are "chockablock" with single-celled life-forms, he said.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The article above states that the earth was covered in ice from the north pole to the equator. With lots of cracks in-between.

I rest my case :)-
Nope, it does not make that claim either. It only said that ice sheets could be found at the equator. That does not mean that all of the Earth would have been covered by ice. Today not even all of Antarctica is covered by ice, though it is more than cold enough:

Antarctic oasis - Wikipedia

To have ice on an area accumulation must exceed loss due to melting or evaporation. In very dry areas ice will sublimate, that is it will go directly from solid to gaseous form. There is no valid reason to assume that all of Snowball Earth was covered by ice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Look, you don't know me from Adam. If you had told me this out of the blue I would question it too.
All I ask is that you check it out & then get back here posting the evidence

:)-
Oh, so you want ME to find the evidence to support your claims FOR you?

Upvote 0

Jenny_8675309

We tried to warn you...
Aug 13, 2017
Hampton
✟22,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The article above states that the earth was covered in ice from the north pole to the equator. With lots of cracks in-between.

I rest my case :)-
The article that said 716 million years ago? That article?

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so you want ME to find the evidence to support your claims FOR you?

It's quite a mundane claim and even that one was wrong. I would like to see evidence for "the seed of life that visitors “planted” on this planet."

It also appears that the OP is implying that modern humans suddenly appeared on our planet 200,000 years ago. What about earlier hominids? Is it mere coincidence or intent that these aliens seeded our world with beings that look like they're related to earlier species? Why does it appear that they fit into a nested hierarchy with animals that originated on Earth?

Reactions: Jenny_8675309
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are decedents of space traveler’s; not monkeys

Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans have been humans since making our first step on this planet.

Earth was formed 4.543 billion years ago

The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago (climate change debate is over)

Homo sapiens first walked on this planet 200,000 years ago. So humans have been around for a mere 0.004% of the Earth's history.

It was not evolution that transformed us into what we are today, it was the seed of life that visitors “planted” on this planet.

Just as we will do on another life supporting planet in our near future.

We are aliens on our own planet

The question remaining is when will they say hello?​
You are correct.

Humans were seeded here on earth by a Visitor called God, who lives on a distant planet called Heaven.

The Visitor will return soon to take the best of us back to His home planet before releasing a virus that will consume the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It also appears that the OP is implying that modern humans suddenly appeared on our planet 200,000 years ago.

I was wrong in that statement. I tried to re-check my source and could not find it. Maybe I had a dream. Anyway, after re-checking I found this~~

Recent evidence suggests that humans may have left Africa half a million years earlier than previously thought. A joint Franco-Indian team has found human artefacts in the Siwalk Hills north of New Delhi dating back at least 2.6 million years. This is earlier than the previous earliest finding of genus Homo at Dmanisi, in Georgia, dating to 1.85 million years. Although controversial, tools found at a Chinese cave strengthen the case that humans used tools as far back as 2.48 million years ago.[64] This suggests that the Asian "Chopper" tool tradition, found in Java and northern China may have left Africa before the appearance of the Acheulian hand axe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

I was wrong :)-

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why does it appear that they fit into a nested hierarchy with animals that originated on Earth?

The seed that I am referring to is DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid (/diˈɒksiˌraɪboʊnjʊˌkliːɪk, -ˌkleɪɪk/ ( listen);[1] DNA) is a molecule that carries the genetic instructions used in the growth, development, functioning and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses. DNA and ribonucleic acid (RNA) are nucleic acids; alongside proteins, lipids and complex carbohydrates (polysaccharides), they are one of the four major types of macromolecules that are essential for all known forms of life. Most DNA molecules consist of two biopolymer strands coiled around each other to form a double helix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that is called mass murder which is not God's way.
Murder is the unlawful premeditated killing of a human being.

There is nothing unlawful about the Supreme Judge sentencing someone to death as a punishment for their crime/sin.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The seed that I am referring to is DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid (/diˈɒksiˌraɪboʊnjʊˌkliːɪk, -ˌkleɪɪk/ ( listen);[1] DNA) is a molecule that carries the genetic instructions used in the growth, development, functioning and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses. DNA and ribonucleic acid (RNA) are nucleic acids; alongside proteins, lipids and complex carbohydrates (polysaccharides), they are one of the four major types of macromolecules that are essential for all known forms of life. Most DNA molecules consist of two biopolymer strands coiled around each other to form a double helix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA

But the existence of DNA predates humans. If the "seed" was DNA how does that affect the fact that humans are related to all other life on Earth? It would imply that all life on Earth are "descended from space travellers".

Upvote 0