✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are decedents of space traveler’s; not monkeys

Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans have been humans since making our first step on this planet.

Earth was formed 4.543 billion years ago

The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago (climate change debate is over)

Homo sapiens first walked on this planet 200,000 years ago. So humans have been around for a mere 0.004% of the Earth's history.

It was not evolution that transformed us into what we are today, it was the seed of life that visitors “planted” on this planet.

Just as we will do on another life supporting planet in our near future.

We are aliens on our own planet

The question remaining is when will they say hello?
This thread was created to facilitate discussion, so go for it.
BTW I have supporting evidence​
Now let the debate begin :)-

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans have been humans since making our first step on this planet.

The earth was covered entirely in ice 2.6 million years ago (climate change debate is over)

Homo sapiens first walked on this planet 200,000 years ago. So humans have been around for a mere 0.004% of the Earth's history.

It was not evolution that transformed us into what we are today, it was the seed of life that visitors “planted” on this planet.

You have no evidence.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Then why is our genetic code made up of the same basic building blocks? Why are our internal organs so similar to those of monkeys?

What are the chances that aliens and monkeys would be so similar when there are other Earth life forms that are so completely different to monkeys? Why would aliens be more similar than other Earth life forms?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,806.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Then why is our genetic code made up of the same basic building blocks? Why are our internal organs so similar to those of monkeys?

What are the chances that aliens and monkeys would be so similar when there are other Earth life forms that are so completely different to monkeys? Why would aliens be more similar than other Earth life forms?
I have a hybrid theory which I think may explain this: Space Monkeys!! Yay, Space Monkeys!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I guess it's easier to believe in monkeys and space travellers than to believe in a God who formed a man out of dirt and breathed life into him, and then took a rib from the man and made a woman out of it.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Hello :)

Who are these 'visitors'?

Cheers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I guess it's easier to believe in monkeys and space travellers than to believe in a God who formed a man out of dirt and breathed life into him, and then took a rib from the man and made a woman out of it.

I agree on the first clause, not so much the second.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hello and God bless you :)

If you dont mind me asking, how so?

I think it's easier to believe man came from monkeys than from dirt. I don't know why anyone would believe it was space travelers, monkey or otherwise.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think it's easier to believe man came from monkeys than from dirt. I don't know why anyone would believe it was space travelers, monkey or otherwise.

Hey thanks for reply.

Apparently we have just as much in common with pigs. When it comes to belief in God, one must follow a formula to get the proof.

Have you considered giving God a shot?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hey thanks for reply.

Apparently we have just as much in common with pigs. When it comes to belief in God, one must follow a formula to get the proof.

We have quite alot in common with pigs, but we have more in common with monkeys.

Have you considered giving God a shot?

What response can I give that you would consider affirmative? What difference does it make? There's 2 billion Catholics and a swag of other denominations that believe in God and have no problem with monkey cousins.

You don't want me to give God a shot, you want me to give your interpretation of the bible a shot. There's a big difference between the two.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
We have quite alot in common with pigs, but we have more in common with monkeys.

Making broad comparisons by saying … 98 per cent of [human] genes are similar to a chimpanzee or whatever else … tend to be a little bit misleading," says Moran.

The amount of genetic material we share with other species depends upon what you compare.

What response can I give that you would consider affirmative? What difference does it make?

A yes or no would do :)

You don't want me to give God a shot, you want me to give your interpretation of the bible a shot. There's a big difference between the two

I just asked if you were willing to give God a shot. Im not asking you to become baptist or catholic :)

What do you know about God?

Cheers for reading

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Making broad comparisons by saying … 98 per cent of [human] genes are similar to a chimpanzee or whatever else … tend to be a little bit misleading," says Moran.

The amount of genetic material we share with other species depends upon what you compare.

That is true. But the exact same nested hierarchy is still there. We are closest to chimps, a bit less close to gorillas, even more distant from orangutans.

A yes or no would do :)

I just asked if you were willing to give God a shot. Im not asking you to become baptist or catholic :)

What do you know about God?

Cheers for reading

Almost every atheist here "gave God a shot". But God is irrelevant to the question of evolution. Most Christians, that also believe in God, also accept the theory of evolution.

A literal interpretation of Genesis is not necessary to be a Christian.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
That is true. But the exact same nested hierarchy is still there. We are closest to chimps, a bit less close to gorillas, even more distant from orangutans.

Almost every atheist here "gave God a shot". But God is irrelevant to the question of evolution. Most Christians, that also believe in God, also accept the theory of evolution.

Hello and God bless.

At this point in time im not interested in a discussion with you. Thank you for the reply and i hope where ever you are, you are safe and healthy.

Maybe another time :)

Cheers hey

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Hey sorry i have a few discussions on so this one seemed bit too much. While im waiting i cant resist.

How did u give God a shot?

Upvote 0