USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, there is a growing “Temple Movement” in Israel today with thousands of Jews working to rebuild the Temple.
We’re Ready to Rebuild the Temple

Push to rebuild Jerusalem Temple has earth-shaking implications
Push to rebuild Jerusalem Temple has earth-shaking implications - WND

The Coming Third Jewish Temple
It Will Be Built In Time For The Fulfillment Of Daniel's 70th Week

NTEB: The Coming Third Jewish Temple

In the New Testament, Jesus and the Church are God's Temple..not made with hands.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Temple Mount is currently the site of the Dome of the Rock, one of the holiest sites in Islam. The structure is protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Do you think that people are just going to allow it to be torn to build a new Temple?

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In the New Testament, Jesus and the Church are God's Temple..not made with hands.

Granted, however, that does not change the fact the Bible discusses a Third Jewish Temple that will be made by hands.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Granted, however, that does not change the fact the Bible discusses a Third Jewish Temple that will be made by hands.

So what number is Jesus' temple not made by human hands? It seems that would be #3 in your schema.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there is another Jewish Temple, it isn't a prophetic fulfillment. Jesus is the recipient of all the promises God made to Abraham.

“For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

The only way anyone lays claim to them is through accepting Christ.

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Temple Mount is currently the site of the Dome of the Rock, one of the holiest sites in Islam. The structure is protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Do you think that people are just going to allow it to be torn to build a new Temple?

There are many reasons offered about this at the beginning of this discussion among them is that the Dome of the Rock is in fact not located where the Second Jewish Temple was located but rather where the Old Roman Legion Headquarters was located. You can do the research for yourself. At the present time most people including modern day Jews believe the Western Wall is the last remnant of the Second Jewish Temple however this would contradict a lot of written history and even Jesus' own words which stated:
Mark 13:2 2"Do you see all these great buildings?" replied Jesus. "Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

Matthew 24:2 2"Do you see all these things?" he asked. "Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

Luke 19:41-44 41As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace-but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."

Was the Son of God wrong? I think not. I believe the future will prove me right just as modern day scholars said the Walls of Jericho could not fall inward as described in the Bible as educated men knew they were braced from the inside. However when the ancient city of Jericho was found and unearthed low the famed walls had fallen inward just as recorded in the Bible. Personally, I believe the word of my Lord!

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If there is another Jewish Temple, it isn't a prophetic fulfillment. Jesus is the recipient of all the promises God made to Abraham.

“For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

The only way anyone lays claim to them is through accepting Christ.

And He will Rule and reign for a 1000 years from the throne of David in the City of Jerusalem until all is fulfilled as it is written in the Bible then the new heaven, new earth and new Jerusalem will come to pass just as it is written.

“He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure: “Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You, ask of Me, and I will give you the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ” (Psalm 2:4-9)

“He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David … And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” (Luke 1:32-33)

“I was watching in the night visions, and behold, One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed.” (Daniel 7:13-14)

“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, ever forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” (Isaiah 9:6-7)

Thus says the Lord: ‘I will return to Zion, and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, the Mountain of the Lord of hosts, the Holy Mountain.’ (Zechariah 8:3)

“Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” says the Lord.

“Many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and they shall become My people. And I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you. And the Lord will take possession of Judah as His inheritance in the Holy Land, and will again choose Jerusalem.” (Zechariah 2:10-12)

The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, “Let us continue to go and pray before the Lord, and seek the Lord of hosts. I myself will go also.” Yes, many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord.’

“Thus says the Lord of hosts; ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’ ” (Zechariah 8:21-23)

“But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.” (Daniel 7:18)

“And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.” (Revelation 2:26)

“And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4-6)

“And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.” (Zechariah 14:16-18 )

In the Millennium Kingdom, Jesus will be ruling this entire earth from the city of Jerusalem. It will be God’s capital. However, in the New Heaven and New Earth, we will be getting a New Jerusalem.

The Bible says that this new holy city, which will be coming down direct from heaven itself, will be like a square. It’s length will be as great as its width. Bible Scholars feel that this city may literally be 1500 miles wide. It will be huge! This new city of Jerusalem will literally be descending down from Heaven itself and will be coming direct from God Himself.

The Bible says that its walls are constructed of jasper and the city will be pure gold like clear glass. It says that the foundations of the walls will be adorned with all kinds of precious stones – the first foundation being jasper, the second foundation being sapphire, the third foundation being chalcedony, and the fourth foundation being emerald, etc.

The Bible goes on to state that there are 12 of these foundations and that each foundation is made with a different beautiful element. This is all described in Revelation 21:19-20.

There will be 12 gates with each of the gates being made of solid pearl. The streets of this city will be pure gold. Each of the 12 gates will have an angel on it. There will be 3 gates each to the north, south, east, and west.

Since all of the bad and unsaved people will have already been taken out, there will be nothing left that will be able enter into this holy city that will defile it or cause any type of abomination to occur in it. As a result, the gates to this holy city will always be open.

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had PASSED AWAY. Also there was no more sea.” (Revelation 21:1)

My G_d is NOT a liar and His arm is not short that he perform what He has promised to perform!!! I eagerly await to see Him FULFILL every last WORD!

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Revelation 21:2)

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many reasons offered about this at the beginning of this discussion among them is that the Dome of the Rock is in fact not located where the Second Jewish Temple was located but rather where the Old Roman Legion Headquarters was located. You can do the research for yourself. At the present time most people including modern day Jews believe the Western Wall is the last remnant of the Second Jewish Temple however this would contradict a lot of written history and even Jesus' own words which stated:
Mark 13:2 2"Do you see all these great buildings?" replied Jesus. "Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

Matthew 24:2 2"Do you see all these things?" he asked. "Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

Luke 19:41-44 41As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace-but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."

Was the Son of God wrong? I think not. I believe the future will prove me right just as modern day scholars said the Walls of Jericho could not fall inward as described in the Bible as educated men knew they were braced from the inside. However when the ancient city of Jericho was found and unearthed low the famed walls had fallen inward just as recorded in the Bible. Personally, I believe the word of my Lord!

(a) The Western Wall was a retaining wall and not the temple structure itself.
(b) In any case, I think Jesus' point is that the temple would be destroyed - which it was.

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
(a) The Western Wall was a retaining wall and not the temple structure itself.
(b) In any case, I think Jesus' point is that the temple would be destroyed - which it was.

I'll stick with the Son of God's actual words, thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Thessalonians 2 specifically speaks about a time that has not come yet as it is talking about the Anti-Christ (The Man of Lawlessness).

The Bible in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 specifically states about the Anti-Christ:

3Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness a is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
That is the 3rd physical temple.
Jesus Ruling In Jerusalem and it will be from the Third Temple
Revelation 20:1-6 New International Version

1And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time. 4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
Depending on how badly the 3rd temple was desecrated by the anti-messiah, that all may have to be from a 4th temple. If it is beyond repair and cleansing.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They can do whatever they want but the presence of God isn't going to be there like in the Old Testament.
Exactly!!!

John 4:21-24

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The following is written by John McTernan
Building of the Temple

Zechariah 6:11 “Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;

(12) And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

(13) Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.”

There are a couple of issues with this verse.

(1) In Zech 3:8 Joshua is told that the coming servant will be "Branch" which would indicate that it's not Joshua. It's certainly a descendant of David, not Levi or Aaron (see Jer 23:5, 33:15). Given the rest of Zechariah, it seems Zechariah thinks this Branch is Zerubbabel.
(2) "Crowns" is plural, and indicates that it's not just Joshua, which goes well with the notion that the other person in the picture is Zerubbabel.
(3) Vs 13 could be read that there would be a priest "by" his throne, which would make sense if it's Zerubbabel on the throne and the High Priest, Joshua, ruling alongside.
(4) The king is the Temple-builder - like Solomon before him, which also goes will with the idea that it's Zerubbabel who is in view with Joshua, and that it's actually Zerubbabel who is building the temple (see Zech 4:6-9). This also falls well in line with Jesus' comments on being able to build the temple. This is the job for the Israelite king.

In any case, Zechariah 6:11-13 is talking about historical people - Joshua and Zerubbabel who were building the temple and would rule the exiles returning from Babylon.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, I believe the Word of my Lord as well.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And He will Rule and reign for a 1000 years from the throne of David in the City of Jerusalem until all is fulfilled as it is written in the Bible then the new heaven, new earth and new Jerusalem will come to pass just as it is written.

“He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure: “Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You, ask of Me, and I will give you the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ” (Psalm 2:4-9)

“He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David … And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” (Luke 1:32-33)

“I was watching in the night visions, and behold, One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed.” (Daniel 7:13-14)

“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, ever forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” (Isaiah 9:6-7)

Thus says the Lord: ‘I will return to Zion, and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, the Mountain of the Lord of hosts, the Holy Mountain.’ (Zechariah 8:3)

“Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” says the Lord.

“Many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and they shall become My people. And I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you. And the Lord will take possession of Judah as His inheritance in the Holy Land, and will again choose Jerusalem.” (Zechariah 2:10-12)

The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, “Let us continue to go and pray before the Lord, and seek the Lord of hosts. I myself will go also.” Yes, many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord.’

“Thus says the Lord of hosts; ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’ ” (Zechariah 8:21-23)

“But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.” (Daniel 7:18)

“And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.” (Revelation 2:26)

“And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4-6)

“And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.” (Zechariah 14:16-18 )

In the Millennium Kingdom, Jesus will be ruling this entire earth from the city of Jerusalem. It will be God’s capital. However, in the New Heaven and New Earth, we will be getting a New Jerusalem.

The Bible says that this new holy city, which will be coming down direct from heaven itself, will be like a square. It’s length will be as great as its width. Bible Scholars feel that this city may literally be 1500 miles wide. It will be huge! This new city of Jerusalem will literally be descending down from Heaven itself and will be coming direct from God Himself.

The Bible says that its walls are constructed of jasper and the city will be pure gold like clear glass. It says that the foundations of the walls will be adorned with all kinds of precious stones – the first foundation being jasper, the second foundation being sapphire, the third foundation being chalcedony, and the fourth foundation being emerald, etc.

The Bible goes on to state that there are 12 of these foundations and that each foundation is made with a different beautiful element. This is all described in Revelation 21:19-20.

There will be 12 gates with each of the gates being made of solid pearl. The streets of this city will be pure gold. Each of the 12 gates will have an angel on it. There will be 3 gates each to the north, south, east, and west.

Since all of the bad and unsaved people will have already been taken out, there will be nothing left that will be able enter into this holy city that will defile it or cause any type of abomination to occur in it. As a result, the gates to this holy city will always be open.

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had PASSED AWAY. Also there was no more sea.” (Revelation 21:1)

My G_d is NOT a liar and His arm is not short that he perform what He has promised to perform!!! I eagerly await to see Him FULFILL every last WORD!

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Revelation 21:2)
You are misinterpreting Revelation and adding to the book when you make the kingdom physical, and ignore the fact that broken of Jews forfeited their claims to Palestine when they rejected Jesus. All of God's promises are yeas in him only. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are misinterpreting Revelation and adding to the book when you make the kingdom physical, and ignore the fact that broken of Jews forfeited their claims to Palestine when they rejected Jesus. All of God's promises are yeas in him only. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

I'm sorry however G_d does not Abrogate His Covenants as Muslims do or we would have NO hope of salvation! Jesus himself said: Matthew 5:17 17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Upon his first earthly visit he came as the Lamb of G_d the Spotless Sacrifice to open Salvation to all mankind but on His Second coming He will Rule and Reign with a rod of Iron and Establish His Kingdom upon the Earth for a 1000 years before the New Heaven, New Earth (where there shall be no Oceans), and the New Jerusalem is established. The Second Coming Reign is what the Jews were expecting and what Jesus's Disciples kept asking Him about. That is why the majority of the Jews hearts and minds were hardened against Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus) because they WANTED this kingdom then and now to crush the Romans and not talk of Salvation, Love, and Restoration with G_d. All the Promises are fulfilled in Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus) but what you fail to understand is that there is a Second Coming in Which the Son of God is going to COPLETE the rest of His plan as He says in Revelation and the Prophets predict in the Old Testament! Read all the references to Yeshua HaMashiach's (Jesus's) Second Coming! The Glory of G_d is Coming Back!!!

The Abrahamic Covenant is paramount to a proper understanding of the kingdom concept and is foundational to Old Testament theology. The Abrahamic Covenant is described in Genesis 12:1–3, and (1) it is an unconditional covenant. There are no conditions attached to it (no “if” clauses suggesting its fulfillment is dependent on man). (2) It is also a literal covenant in which the promises should be understood literally.

The Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7) is an unconditional covenant. God established certain unconditional covenants with Israel, such as the Noahic and Abrahamic covenants. God, alone, is the only One who is able to fulfill such promises.

Acts 1:6-7
Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

Acts 3:21
Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

Galatians 3:17-18
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.
18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

Hebrews 8:10-13
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Revelation 20

1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time. 4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. 7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21

1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” 5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” 9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. 16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17 The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits thick. 18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19 The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass. 22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.