USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is bad about the law but The fact is......we can not keep the Law brother.

Name ONE person other than Jesus Christ who kept the law completely.
Name ONE person who was saved by the Law.
Name ONE person who was kept saved by keeping the Law.

Of course, every born again believer wants to keep the commandments of Jesus, he just can not do it.

Revelation 14:12 does not apply to us today my friend. The gospel of salvation actually changes AFTER the Rapture. That Scripture is CONTEXTUALLY referring to those people who are NOT TAKEN in the Rapture. They can get saved by faith in Christ but they will also have to keep the commandments of God.

Revelations 22:14 is probably a Scripture you do not want to use. You see, the ONLY people, who believe that the word commandments in Revelation 22:14 is speaking of the LAW OF MOSES, are the Sabbath-keeping believers. For you see, according to Torah keeping Christians, all Christians must keep the Law of Moses in order to receive ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come.

Why can't we keep the law? Which Commandment is it that we can't keep? Through Christ everything is possible. We can't keep Gods law without Him. We all sin and that's why God died for us, but that does not mean Gods law is too hard so I am not going to try? I believe in the second coming of Jesus and not the rapture. All eyes will see Him. Revelation 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Yes I want to use Revelations 22:14 because this scripture clearly shows how important Gods law is. Note it says Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. I do not see anywhere in this scripture where it says Blessed are the Jews or Israelites who do His commandments.

Here are a few more scriptures about Gods law . It's pretty clear in the Bible how important His law is for everyone. God law is perfect and unchanging. He died for all of us, but wants us to obey His Commandments.

Revelations 22:14 (for Jews only?)
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

1 John 2:4
He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Mathew 19:17
So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Revelations 12:17
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Mathew 5:19
Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

1 Chronicles 28:7
Moreover I will establish his kingdom forever, if he is steadfast to observe My commandments and My judgments, as it is this day.'

Joshua 22:5
5 But take careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

1 Kings 2:3
And keep the charge of the Lord your God: to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn;

1 Kings 8:61
Let your heart therefore be loyal to the Lord our God, to walk in His statutes and keep His commandments, as at this day."

2 Chronicles 24:20
Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, who stood above the people, and said to them, "Thus says God: 'Why do you transgress the commandments of the Lord, so that you cannot prosper? Because you have forsaken the Lord, He also has forsaken you.' "

Nehemiah 1:5
And I said: "I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You and observe Your commandments,

Psalms 78:7
That they may set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments;

Psalms 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

Psalms 119:10
With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

Ecclesiastes 48:18
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all.

Daniel 9:4
And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, "O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments,

Amos 2:4
Thus says the Lord: "For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they have despised the law of the Lord, And have not kept His commandments. Their lies lead them astray, Lies which their fathers followed.

John 14:15
If you love Me, keep My commandments.

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

1 John 2:3
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why can't we keep the law? Which Commandment is it that we can't keep? Through Christ everything is possible. We can't keep Gods law without Him. We all sin and that's why God died for us, but that does not mean Gods law is too hard so I am not going to try? I believe in the second coming of Jesus and not the rapture. All eyes will see Him.

Yes I want to use Revelations 22:14 because this scripture clearly shows how important Gods law is. Note it says Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. I do not see anywhere in this scripture where it says Blessed are the Jews or Israelites who do His commandments.

Here are a few more scriptures about Gods law . It's pretty clear in the Bible how important His law is for everyone. God law is perfect and unchanging. He died for all of us, but wants us to obey His Commandments.

Revelations 22:14 (for Jews only?)
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

1 John 2:4
He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Mathew 19:17
So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Revelations 12:17
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Mathew 5:19
Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

1 Chronicles 28:7
Moreover I will establish his kingdom forever, if he is steadfast to observe My commandments and My judgments, as it is this day.'

Joshua 22:5
5 But take careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

1 Kings 2:3
And keep the charge of the Lord your God: to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn;

1 Kings 8:61
Let your heart therefore be loyal to the Lord our God, to walk in His statutes and keep His commandments, as at this day."

2 Chronicles 24:20
Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, who stood above the people, and said to them, "Thus says God: 'Why do you transgress the commandments of the Lord, so that you cannot prosper? Because you have forsaken the Lord, He also has forsaken you.' "

Nehemiah 1:5
And I said: "I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You and observe Your commandments,

Psalms 78:7
That they may set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments;

Psalms 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

Psalms 119:10
With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

Ecclesiastes 48:18
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all.

Daniel 9:4
And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, "O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments,

Amos 2:4
Thus says the Lord: "For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they have despised the law of the Lord, And have not kept His commandments. Their lies lead them astray, Lies which their fathers followed.

John 14:15
If you love Me, keep My commandments.

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

1 John 2:3
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

Have YOU kept ALL of the Law????

Have you never told a lie?
Have you never had a though of lust when seeing another opposite sex person?
Have you never disobeyed your parents? Have you always honered them?

We can not keep the law because we are all SINNERS and sinners sin.

When ONE command is not kept, ALL of the law is broken.

Should we try to keep the law. OF COURSE we should. But trying and doing are two different things.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Have YOU kept ALL of the Law????

Have you never told a lie?
Have you never had a though of lust when seeing another opposite sex person?
Have you never disobeyed your parents? Have you always honered them?

We can not keep the law because we are all SINNERS and sinners sin.

When ONE command is not kept, ALL of the law is broken.

Should we try to keep the law. OF COURSE we should. But trying and doing are two different things.

Of course I broke them, many of times. Gods law is for all of us and Jesus died for all of us, not just the Jews which was my point. Most the people written in the Bible sinned- Moses, King David etc. I would like to think they will be in Heaven.

The more you try to keep Gods law, including the 4th Commandment that starts with Remember, the easier it becomes. God wants us to strive to keep all of his commandments daily, but when you stumble, earnestly pray and He knows your heart and will forgive you and give you strength to overcome your weakness.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course I broke them, many of times. Gods law is for all of us and Jesus died for all of us, not just the Jews which was my point. Most the people written in the Bible sinned- Moses, King David etc. I would like to think they will be in Heaven.

The more you try to keep Gods law, including the 4th Commandment that starts with Remember, the easier it becomes. God wants us to strive to keep all of his commandments daily, but when you stumble, earnestly pray and He knows your heart and will forgive you and give you strength to overcome your weakness.

My dear friend......if the Law was for all of us, then why was it that it was only given to the Hebrews at Mt. Sinai????

The law was given to set the Israelites apart from the Canaanites and other pagan nations. The Israelites were set apart from all the rest of the world by God.

Through the keeping of the law the Israelites secured their position as a “kingdom of priests, and an holy nation” to the Lord. (Exodus 19:6) This unique status was reflected in their keeping of the law.

Because God is holy, He gave the law to His people to teach them to be holy as well. (Leviticus 20:7-8) Because Israel was set apart for God the law was given to keep them set apart.

God gave the law to convict men of sin. (Romans 3:19; Galatians 3:22) The law makes clear that no man can meet the standard of God’s of perfect righteousness. Because of the law no person has any excuse before God. Everyone is guilty. “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10).

As for your comment that ...."MOST ALL people in the Bible sinned, Moses and David etc."

Brother, ALL THE PEOPLE in the Bible sinned!!!!

Romans 3:23.......
"ALL HAVE SINNED and come short of the approval of God"

THAT is why Jesus died! He died to save us because NO ONE can keep the law.....BUT
the Law never saved one single person becuase the Law was not given to save men.

The Old Test. saints were saved the same we YOU were saved......BY FAITH!

Romans 4:1-3......
"What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness."

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My dear friend......if the Law was for all of us, then why was it that it was only given to the Hebrews at Mt. Sinai????

The law was given to set the Israelites apart from the Canaanites and other pagan nations. The Israelites were set apart from all the rest of the world by God.

Through the keeping of the law the Israelites secured their position as a “kingdom of priests, and an holy nation” to the Lord. (Exodus 19:6) This unique status was reflected in their keeping of the law.

Because God is holy, He gave the law to His people to teach them to be holy as well. (Leviticus 20:7-8) Because Israel was set apart for God the law was given to keep them set apart.

God gave the law to convict men of sin. (Romans 3:19; Galatians 3:22) The law makes clear that no man can meet the standard of God’s of perfect righteousness. Because of the law no person has any excuse before God. Everyone is guilty. “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10).

As for your comment that ...."MOST ALL people in the Bible sinned, Moses and David etc."

Brother, ALL THE PEOPLE in the Bible sinned!!!!

Romans 3:23.......
"ALL HAVE SINNED and come short of the approval of God"

THAT is why Jesus died! He died to save us because NO ONE can keep the law.....BUT
the Law never saved one single person becuase the Law was not given to save men.

The Old Test. saints were saved the same we YOU were saved......BY FAITH!

Romans 4:1-3......
"What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness."

You're right the law was given not to save men, but through obeying Gods law and by Grace we are saved. Not sure how you can interpret that God wants lawlessness. Gods law and the importance of it is repeated over and over again.

Sorry I am not I'm following your posts. You first say the 10 Commandments was for Jews only. Than you agree they are not for Jews only but for all, but its too hard to keep God law. Than you say only 9 of the 10 Commandments are required.

Why would God have to give His Commandments again? It was written in Stone to be everlasting.

Here's scripture on the Sabbath, the 4th Commandment, the only one that starts with Remember.

There is over 155 scriptures written in both new and old testaments about the Sabbath. Gods says His law is unchanging. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. I feel the scripture is pretty clear. Here are only a few examples:

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exodus 20:10but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates.

Ezekiel 20:20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.’

Ezekiel 22:8 You have despised My holy things and profaned My Sabbaths.

Isaiah 58:13 If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the Lord honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words,

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass That from one New Moon to another, And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

Jeremiah 17:19 Hallow the Sabbath Day

Jeremiah 17:22 nor carry a burden out of your houses on the Sabbath day, nor do any work, but hallow the Sabbath day, as I commanded your fathers.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them

Mathew 12:1 Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath

Mathew 12:8 For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Mathew 28:1 He Is Risen
Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.

Mark 2:27 And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 6:2 And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're right the law was given not to save men, but through obeying Gods law and by Grace we are saved. Not sure how you can interpret that God wants lawlessness. Gods law and the importance of it is repeated over and over again.

Sorry I am not I'm following your posts. You first say the 10 Commandments was for Jews only. Than you agree they are not for Jews only but for all, but its too hard to keep God law. Than you say only 9 of the 10 Commandments are required.

Why would God have to give His Commandments again? It was written in Stone to be everlasting.

Here's scripture on the Sabbath, the 4th Commandment, the only one that starts with Remember.

There is over 155 scriptures written in both new and old testaments about the Sabbath. Gods says His law is unchanging. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. I feel the scripture is pretty clear. Here are only a few examples:

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exodus 20:10but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates.

Ezekiel 20:20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.’

Ezekiel 22:8 You have despised My holy things and profaned My Sabbaths.

Isaiah 58:13 If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the Lord honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words,

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass That from one New Moon to another, And from one Sabbath to another, All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

Jeremiah 17:19 Hallow the Sabbath Day

Jeremiah 17:22 nor carry a burden out of your houses on the Sabbath day, nor do any work, but hallow the Sabbath day, as I commanded your fathers.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them

Mathew 12:1 Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath

Mathew 12:8 For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Mathew 28:1 He Is Risen
Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.

Mark 2:27 And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 6:2 And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands!

Ephesians 2:8-9 ......
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast".

We are NOT saved by keeping the law my brother.

We are not saved by keeping the Sabbath.

Will you post the Scripture which tells us to attend Church on Saturday.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 2:8-9 ......
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast".

We are NOT saved by keeping the law my brother.

We are not saved by keeping the Sabbath.

Will you post the Scripture which tells us to attend Church on Saturday.

Like I stated previously, God states to Keep his Commandments but we are saved through Grace.

Yes, the 4th Commandment clearly states to keep the Seventh Day Holy.

I posted a lot of scriptures and there are many more. Its no longer prudent to debate about it. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like I stated previously, God states to Keep his Commandments but we are saved through Grace.

Yes, the 4th Commandment clearly states to keep the Seventh Day Holy.

I posted a lot of scriptures and there are many more. Its no longer prudent to debate about it. God Bless.

I agree. You obviously are a follower of the SDA teachings and your mind is unable to accept the truth of the Scriptures.......In my opinion.

Yes.....I agree that we are to keep the commandments of God as best we can but NO--
the keeping of the commandments has NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR SALVATION.

Christians are saved by grace alone.

Ephesians 2:8.........
“For by grace are ye saved through faith”.

There is nothing we can do to earn salvation. Salvation is a free gift. Christians don’t try to keep the 10 Commandments to be saved but because they are saved.

Thus, obedience is only the fruit of salvation.

Now pay attention brother......OBEDIENCE without love is legalism. The rich young ruler in Matthew 19:16-19 obeyed the 10 Commandments without the love motive and His experience was lacking.

Keep the Seventh Day Holy does not mean to attend a Church service on Saturday. It means to REST, DO NOTHING.

I am well aware that you will not accept the teachings of the Bible but I am also aware that someone reading this may just learn something they did not know.

To keep it holy.

The c 4th Commandment actually says.......
“But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates” (Ex. 20:10). “Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest”.

Read it again and you will see that there is NOT ONE SINGLE WORD THAT SAYS TO ATTEND CHURCH ON SATURDAY.

This four-word phrase, "To keep it holy", in English is only one word in Hebrew.
It means “consecrate,” “set apart,” or “sanctify.”

The Israelites were to make a distinction between the seventh day and the rest of the week. The Sabbath was different. It was to be dedicated to the Lord. The rest of the Israelites were to mark the day with decreased activity—no work at all—in honor of the Lord.

Keeping of the Sabbath was a sign of the covenant between Israel and the Lord.

Exodus 31:13.......
“You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come”.

As Israel kept the Sabbath set apart, they were reminded that they were also being set apart: Exodus 13:13.....
“So you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy”.

Believers today, being under the New Covenant, are not bound to keep the sign of the Old Covenant.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree. You obviously are a follower of the SDA teachings and your mind is unable to accept the truth of the Scriptures.......In my opinion.

Yes.....I agree that we are to keep the commandments of God as best we can but NO--
the keeping of the commandments has NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR SALVATION.

Christians are saved by grace alone.

Ephesians 2:8.........
“For by grace are ye saved through faith”.

There is nothing we can do to earn salvation. Salvation is a free gift. Christians don’t try to keep the 10 Commandments to be saved but because they are saved.

Thus, obedience is only the fruit of salvation.

Now pay attention brother......OBEDIENCE without love is legalism. The rich young ruler in Matthew 19:16-19 obeyed the 10 Commandments without the love motive and His experience was lacking.

Keep the Seventh Day Holy does not mean to attend a Church service on Saturday. It means to REST, DO NOTHING.

I am well aware that you will not accept the teachings of the Bible but I am also aware that someone reading this may just learn something they did not know.

To keep it holy.

The c 4th Commandment actually says.......
“But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates” (Ex. 20:10). “Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest”.

Read it again and you will see that there is NOT ONE SINGLE WORD THAT SAYS TO ATTEND CHURCH ON SATURDAY.

This four-word phrase, "To keep it holy", in English is only one word in Hebrew.
It means “consecrate,” “set apart,” or “sanctify.”

The Israelites were to make a distinction between the seventh day and the rest of the week. The Sabbath was different. It was to be dedicated to the Lord. The rest of the Israelites were to mark the day with decreased activity—no work at all—in honor of the Lord.

Keeping of the Sabbath was a sign of the covenant between Israel and the Lord.

Exodus 31:13.......
“You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come”.

As Israel kept the Sabbath set apart, they were reminded that they were also being set apart: Exodus 13:13.....
“So you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy”.

Believers today, being under the New Covenant, are not bound to keep the sign of the Old Covenant.

Please do not use personal attacks or tell me what I am unable to accept, know or understand. I would recommend you keep personal assumptions out of this and focus on scriptures instead.

That said, the scriptures are very clear. I have no problem understanding what is plainly written about keeping the Commandments of God and His Seventh Day Holy Sabbath.

God outlined the day He wanted us to worship in the 10 Commandments written in stone to be everlasting. I don't see any scripture where God said keep my 1st day Holy. There are hundreds of scripture on the Sabbath and keeping the Commandments.

God is about love and keeping His law it is not about legalism as you put it. Which Commandment do you consider legalism? The one that says not to murder, lie, cheat, worship false idols? Do you want the freedom to do those things? Or is it just Sabbath keeping, the 4th Commandment that starts with the word Remember.

The scripture you quoted the 4th Commandment clearly outlines its the Seventh Day and to keep it Holy. That doesn't mean sleep all day. It means strengthening your spiritual bond with our Creator. God said He saves people who know Him. 1 John 2:4

The day of rest- the Holy Day is His special day to bond with our Creator.

God never did away with the 10 Commandments from the Old Testaments, that's why the commandments are referenced over and over again in the New Testaments too. Gods law is the perfect way He wants us to live. He created the perfect law for love, peace and eternal happiness.

I used to think the Sabbath was about the things you couldn't do and I lost my way for a bit. Now I understand Sabbath and why its so special. It's about love and bonding, not legalism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please do not use personal attacks or tell me what I am unable to accept, know or understand. I would recommend you keep personal assumptions out of this and focus on scriptures instead.

That said, the scriptures are very clear. I have no problem understanding what is plainly written about keeping the Commandments of God and His Seventh Day Holy Sabbath.

God outlined the day He wanted us to worship in the 10 Commandments written in stone to be everlasting. I don't see any scripture where God said keep my 1st day Holy. There are hundreds of scripture on the Sabbath and keeping the Commandments.

God is about love and keeping His law it is not about legalism as you put it. Which Commandment do you consider legalism? The one that says not to murder, lie, cheat, worship false idols? Do you want the freedom to do those things? Or is it just Sabbath keeping, the 4th Commandment that starts with the word Remember.

The scripture you quoted the 4th Commandment clearly outlines its the Seventh Day and to keep it Holy. That doesn't mean sleep all day. It means strengthening your spiritual bond with our Creator. God said He saves people who know Him. 1 John 2:4

God never did away with the 10 Commandments from the Old Testaments, that's why the commandments are referenced over and over again in the New Testaments too. Gods law is the perfect way He wants us to live. He created the perfect law for love, peace and eternal happiness.

I used to think the Sabbath was about the things you couldn't do and I lost my way for a bit. Now I understand Sabbath and why its so special. It's about love and bonding, not legalism.

I disagree completely with your comment.

Since when did the posting of Scriptures to challenge a false teaching become a Personal Attack.??????

You came here with the Ellen G. White theology of the Sabbatarians and It seems to me that when you were proven Biblically to be in error, you became defensive and used the old "Personal Attack" claim.

You do not need me to help you so, Good by my friend and be careful in the dangerous days.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seventh-day Adventist is a Biblically based church. Ellen White helped form the Seventh Day Adventist church based on the teachings of the Bible and God's law -worshipping on God's requested day- based the 4th Commandment that starts with "Remember" and to keep it Holy. We worship God and God only and what is written in the Bible is what we believe.

Pastor Doug Bachelor is one of my favorite pastors. Amazing Facts has a lot of great information.

Here is one on Divisive Doctrine, specifically the 10 Commandments and other similar doctrines. The visuals are not typical of Pastor Doug but the message is always biblically based.

Justice and Mercy | Doctrines That Divide | Amazing Facts
The Time of Your Life | Doctrines That Divide | Amazing Facts

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being a Jew means two different things. The first is being a descendant of Judah, the fourth son of the patriarch Jacob and his first wife, Leah. The second is being a member of the Jewish faith.

If they are a descendant of Judah, then they will always be a Jew. They can renounce their Jewish faith, they can become an atheist, they can become a Christian, they can become a Muslim, or any other faith, but they will still be a Jew by birth.

Then there is the Jewish faith that anyone can convert to. For example Ivanka Trump is Jewish because of her marriage to Jared Kushner and her conversion.
Famous Christians Who Converted to Judaism

What makes interesting reading is the controversial history of the Khazars are their conversion to Judaism.
Khazaria.com - History of Jewish Khazars, Khazar Turk, Khazarian Jews

Remember all Jews that are descendants of Judah are Israelites. But not all Israelites are Jews, descendants of Judah.

Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Moses a Jew?

Is there such a thing as Judaism?
Is there a Jewish Messiah?
is there a Jewish religion?
Is there a Jewish covenant?

To all the above the answer is NO!

Moses was a Levite!
He was not a Jew or of the tribe of Judah!
There is no Judaism Jewish religion or Jewish Messiah or Jewish covenant!
The Mosaic covenant religion and Messiah was for Israel all 12 tribes not for the Jews or the tribe of Judah alone!
You left out was Moses a Muslim?
BBC - Religions - Islam: Musa - the Muslim view of Moses

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Was Moses a Jew?

Moses was a Levite!
The Mosaic covenant religion and Messiah was for Israel all 12 tribes not for the Jews or the tribe of Judah alone!
Judaism was the first true Monotheist religion. Yes, many/most Jews still wait for the coming of the Messiah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The term "Jew" originally referred to a member of the Tribe of Judah. Then it referred more broadly to the southern Kingdom of Judah. And then, as it still does today, refer to all Israelites.

This is why the Beta Israel, or Ethiopian Jews, who are regarded as being of the Tribe of Dan are still Jews.

Yes, Moses was a Jew, because Levites are Jews.

-CryptoLutheran

Moses can be typified as a inward Jew born of the Spirt of Christ just as Christians today . And not a outward Jew in respect to the corrupted flesh of mankind. Revelation speaks to that issue as some who had the DNA ID but not the born again Spirit of Christ.

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

In the book of Acts our father in heaven who promised to give a new name to His bride Israel did. He called her as promised a new name to include the gentiles. "Christian". A more befitting name to represent all the nations of the world.

Christian a word when defined and no other meaning added simple means; "residents of the heavenly City" (Zion) prepared as His bride. Named after her husband and founder Christ.

The meaning has seemed to have lost it ability's in some cases to represent the new creature. .

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Moses can be typified as a inward Jew born of the Spirt of Christ just as Christians today . And not a outward Jew in respect to the corrupted flesh of mankind. Revelation speaks to that issue as some who had the DNA ID but not the born again Spirit of Christ.

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

In the book of Acts our father in heaven who promised to give a new name to His bride Israel did. He called her as promised a new name to include the gentiles. "Christian". A more befitting name to represent all the nations of the world.

Christian a word when defined and no other meaning added simple means; "residents of the heavenly City" (Zion) prepared as His bride. Named after her husband and founder Christ.

The meaning has seemed to have lost it ability's in some cases to represent the new creature. .

That the Church is Israel does not mean that Jews aren't Jews, and that Gentile Christians are somehow Jews. That's not even remotely what the Apostle means when he talks about being a Jew inwardly.

Also, Moses was very much Jewish. Arguably Moses was the very first Jewish person in history.

As far as what the Apocalypse means in the passages quoted, it may be prudent that we bother to understand the possible historical context. You know, rather than trying to rush head first straight into antisemitism.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That the Church is Israel does not mean that Jews aren't Jews, and that Gentile Christians are somehow Jews. That's not even remotely what the Apostle means when he talks about being a Jew inwardly.

Also, Moses was very much Jewish. Arguably Moses was the very first Jewish person in history.

As far as what the Apocalypse means in the passages quoted, it may be prudent that we bother to understand the possible historical context. You know, rather than trying to rush head first straight into antisemitism.
-CryptoLutheran

Antisemitism? All born again new life matter. We are lovingly commanded to know no man after the flesh to include a unredeemed Jew. God is not served by human hands in any way shape or form as if he needed something form the clay he forms Christ in.

God as the father of a multitude of nations (all) changed the name of Abram "exulted father of one to Abraham the father of all nations.

Abram's mother was a Hittite and father a Amorite (enemies of God) . The Holy Spirt using two as his witness as one united nation to signify all the nations.

Abel the first apostle sent from God was murderer by his faithless brother Cain. Abel a member of the eternal chaste virgin bride the church is also the first recorded martyr . Long before Abraham the father of a multitude of nations was introduced. .

Ezekiel 16:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

A Jew is not one outwardly in respect to the corrupted flesh of mankind but is one inward born of the Spirit of Christ. If any man(Jew or gentile) has not the inward Spirit of Christ the scriptures informs us then neither do they belong to Him .

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was Moses a Jew?

Moses was a Levite!

So was Jesus the King of the Levites? Pontius Pilate got it wrong too?

Let's see now. I grew up a Jew. My dad was a one of the founders of the local synagogue. NYC Jews was the base for my family.

That is not how Jews see it. So, it will take a gentile, thousands of years later, to straighten them out?

Yes,,, the land of Judah is a derivative for the term Jews. It was the southern kingdom. Yet, all tribes lived together in the southern kingdom after the northern kingdom was destroyed. Many had migrated to the southern kingdom. They were all called Jews.

Please ... its not a smart teaching. It one concocted in ignorance with a little bit of knowledge thrown in. Its a terrible witness to Jews who might have been open to Jesus.

If you ever want to win a Jew to Christ with that reasoning you will lose them pronto. Its a horrible witness, which gives me reason to suspect Satan is behind the cleverly devised notion. For telling that to a Jew will cause any tendency for disdain for gentiles to be reinforced. And, believe me, many Jews do have a perspective of gentiles that you would not like. That does not mean Jews dislike gentiles. But there is a difference that they sense. Do not make them think its a negative difference.

Paul and Peter would have told you to cool it.

grace to you.....

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You came here with the Ellen G. White theology of the Sabbatarians and It seems to me that when you were proven Biblically to be in error, you became defensive and used the old "Personal Attack" claim.

This was not written to me, but I would like to know what was proven to be biblically in error--- I have found no such thing, neither has anyone else. No one has proven our believes biblically unsound--no one. They try, incessantly, for it all proves them to be outside of the bible themselves. I've been on this website for years, not one attack on us has ever been proven.

Upvote 0