Was King David Saved While He Committed His Sins of Adultery and Murder?

Was King David Saved While He Committed His Sins of Adultery and Murder?

• Total voters

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If one is true, they will stay in the process of sanctification until it is complete, or until they die or Christ comes back... "However" we cannot, and should not (because we just "can't") be judging or gauging and/or comparing ourselves to one another by what we see of this, especially in another...

God Bless!
That was the last thing on my mind, the way we encounter Christ is usually a time of decision. Now some people are born into a tradition, or whatever, but haven't met too many like that. There is only one standard, the righteousness of God. What I listen for in these debates and hear far too little is the gospel.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That was the last thing on my mind, the way we encounter Christ is usually a time of decision. Now some people are born into a tradition, or whatever, but haven't met too many like that. There is only one standard, the righteousness of God. What I listen for in these debates and hear far too little is the gospel.
I didn't think it was on "your mind", but mainly just said that because of others, or for the sake of "others" mainly...

And about "the gospel" (the true gospel) I agree...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He is. Thanks.

However, God's goodness (His grace) does not work in the way that you suggest. Matthew 7:23 clearly tells us that certain believers were told to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (lawlessness). They did good works, but they also worked sin, too. Jesus drives home the point in verses 26-27 (Matthew 7:26-27) in how if we do not do what He says we are likened to a fool who built his house upon the sand, and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house. Let me give you a picture to illustrate what he was talking about.

full

Upvote 0