Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
A Caucasian looking Jesus you say~

We are from the Caucasian Mountains, Father was born about 600 miles from where the Man you know as Jesus walked and taught, Mother's family from a bit closer. Yes, he may well have been Caucasian~many of us have never though to argue the point nor do I now~If you feel in you heart he was other than that~go and be satisfied that you are right~or better yet ask him to give you the answer that you have already are convinced of.

Go with God and have it your way and chuckle to your self when you hear another bringing up the subject.

Does the World’s Top Weed Killer Cause Cancer? Trump’s EPA Will Decide
Could you or would you say, "Yes, he may well have been black"?

Reactions: sethrak
Upvote 0

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Very good Raymond, very good.

Yes MDC, I could say that, I must in good faith I must say I don't think that to be the case. If however he should show Himself to be~I would love and follow our Lord without missing a step.
Calvinist, I remember reading a good bit about this but all that study doesn't come to me at the moment. Has that been a continual belief, or have you read a bit also and feel that best describes what you do and don't believe?

seth

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you know He wasn't black?

Because he was Jewish.

Egyptians were originally black skinned people before all the conquering of other nations.

No, they weren't, actually. The descendants of the pyramid-builders still live there; they are called "Copts." They are not black.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The colour of Jesus's skin only matters if one feels that ones own skin colouration makes one vunerable.
God so Loved the WORLD that he gave his only Son.
We are all in the world and benefit from that undeserved love.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ethiopia if you didnt know it has a semitic main language. Thats not a lie, search it up. Their writing language is semitic meaning they came in contact with the jews.

Not necessarily. The "Semitic languages" are simply a language family including Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Amharic, etc. And the Amharic script used in Ethiopia was probably derived from Phoenician, but that doesn't necessarily imply contact with Jews either.

500px-Hamito-Semitic_languages.jpg

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Because He was Jewish means what?

That He was Jewish in and of itself doesn't mean He wasn't black (there are black Jews, just as there are white Jews); but He was a Middle-Eastern Jew from Galilee, and that means He was neither black or white. So if you want to know what Jesus probably looked like, then look at what people who have lived in the region tend to look like, for example the Palestinians or the Mizrahim (Mizrahi Jews are the Jewish communities that have continued to live in the Middle East since ancient times).

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Jesus came from a Jewish background. The Jews look white to me, so Jesus was a white man.

Some Jews are white, the Ashkenazim are the Jewish communities historically associated with with eastern and central Europe, being in Diaspora. The majority of Jews who live in places like the United States and Canada are Ashkenazi Jews, who fled their ancestral homelands due to pogroms or other forms of persecution. Other Jewish Diaspora groups include the Sephardim from the Iberian Peninsula and North Africa, as well as Mizrahim, the various Jewish communities throughout the Middle East (including non-Diaspora Jews who have continued to live in the Holy Land since ancient times).

There are black Jews, there are white Jews, there are brown Jews, etc.

For example, here is a picture of two Jewish individuals from the historic Kaifang Jewish community who have been in China for possibly over a thousand years:
Jews_of_Kai-Fung-Foo%2C_China.jpg

Saying "Jews are white" is simply not accurate. There are Jews of every color and ethnicity.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Some Jews are white, the Ashkenazim are the Jewish communities historically associated with with eastern and central Europe, being in Diaspora. The majority of Jews who live in places like the United States and Canada are Ashkenazi Jews, who fled their ancestral homelands due to pogroms or other forms of persecution. Other Jewish Diaspora groups include the Sephardim from the Iberian Peninsula and North Africa, as well as Mizrahim, the various Jewish communities throughout the Middle East (including non-Diaspora Jews who have continued to live in the Holy Land since ancient times).

There are black Jews, there are white Jews, there are brown Jews, etc.

For example, here is a picture of two Jewish individuals from the historic Kaifang Jewish community who have been in China for possibly over a thousand years:

Saying "Jews are white" is simply not accurate. There are Jews of every color and ethnicity.

-CryptoLutheran

I was talking about real Jews who are descended from the original Hebrews, not converts and their descendants.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus came from a Jewish background. The Jews look white to me, so Jesus was a white man.
Jesus identifies with the Church (Hebrews 2:11-18), which includes all races, and the races cannot be separated because there is one Body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, fair enough. What about the serpent? Does it matter if it was green or brown....or is the story the most important thing?

If you're indirectly asking, is Jesus' skin colour important, then no, it's not.

On the other hand, Jesus was fully human -- he did have a skin colour.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
neither .... as his skin color was olive as in light or moderate brown, brownish, or tanned skin, an olive complexion is often described as having yellowish, greenish, or golden undertones ...

his skin would have also been without spot or wrinkle ... i am in no doubt he was beautiful in every way ....

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And what facts do you have to prove he was white? By the Europeans there in Israel today? You cannot prove that He wasn't black is my point. You still couldn't tell the difference for the most part from Egyptians and The Hebrews in skin color. He was definitely not white as most white supremacist push. Neither were the Hebrews
He didn't say he was white, as in European. In fact, it depends what part of Europe you were from as to what color your skin would be. Southern Europe, olive skin, Northern Europe, whiter.. My avatar is a picture of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's only when this topic of the Hebrews or Christ being not white that this prejudice or "we shouldn't care what color He was" is brought up. Whatever shade of brown, whether dark or a little lighter makes no difference. It's the fact that the white Europeans have created a Caucasian looking Jesus to fit their racist paradigm
The icons of Jesus are more accurate than those pictures of Jesus. We used to sing a song "What Color is God's Skin"-It's black, brown, yellow, red, white. Everyone's the same in the Good Lord's sight.

Upvote 0