Oslo
✟15,574.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There has been... kind of a funny debate going on here. Like the thing is what is funny is the first part, this is the least religious thing you can debate about but its like either very loud minorities arguing that he was black.. or maybe neo nazis would make up consparicies that jews tries to destroy christianity with misinformation. Because apparently on wikipedia the historical jesus had sort of short hairy bearded with a tad bit broad nose and olive skin of some sort.
But watch this video if you want its incredibly awesome, especially the redneck imitation. Though i think its a tad bit sad that the media sort of mock or give this bait to the issue. Which you can see in the video in the spoiler if you care ,i loved it but that is more off topic.

But one thing i have a feeling i know for sure. People who say Jesus was black based on "revelations" are incredibly wrong i think. Now you may disagree but i really think its most likely just wrong. Because ok here is the thing, they will say "hair like wool, and bronze feet or something burnt" and they say, see black. What they ignore is there is some obvious symbolism, like what was Jesus always trying to say he was the seed of? King David. What did king david do before he became king? Tend sheep. Who is the lamb? Jesus, aka there you have it. Wool. Bronze feet i heard resembles strenght but not sure. To prove it, there is a verse that says out of his mouth came a sharp edge sword... Like i have doubts Jesus walked the earth with a sword dangling out of his mouth. Like i am not saying this to sort of seem anti that he was black, i am open to the possibility that he is. I just have hard time taking people seriously who use "book of revelations" as source. Thats really lack of understanding the massive amounts of symbolism, and if i am wrong then prove it or give me a reason why i am wrong in this?.

Now here is why he may be black... though i am not saying he is but i am atleast arguing if he was.

Ethiopia if you didnt know it has a semitic main language. Thats not a lie, search it up. Their writing language is semitic meaning they came in contact with the jews. This is also a thing with the old testament, accordingly Moses had two wives, first was the one he married to daughter of Jethro after he escaped Egypt, 2nd was when he was in the wilderness i think, and Aaron and Miriam complained, Miriam got lepersy because of that so Aaron asked Moses to ask God to forgive her, and so he does and God says something like go outside the camp for sometime til it gets healed or something, in either way she is ethiopian the one Moses married here, maybe Aaron didnt get cursed because he was the high priest or something but thats just an assumption. It doesnt say in the bible but it does say she belongs to some kingdom or something which most experts says Etiophia. And then Solomon had visit from Queen of Sheeba which is from Etiophia, so biblically speaking they atleast had some connections to that country. But then again some classify etiophians as caucasian race and not the black race, so even then the question is again if its actually the black race itself even if their skin is dark. But whether its true what old historians says or not, doesnt matter to me. But i am saying in terms of this... mayybe he was. Maybe. To me it doesnt matter. But thats just what i'm saying.

But what do you think?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Guessing > someone of Ethiopia might not be as dark as others. And that one could have been related to Jesus. Or, vice versa, someone Arab could have been more dark and related to Jesus. Not all in a group are exactly the same in shade and color.

What is important to prophecy is that Jesus came through Jewish flesh and blood.

But what matters in us is not outward anything >

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

So, white supremacy is inferior. Jesus says the one who exalts himself will be humbled. There are people who associate with someone or something which is superior, in order to make themselves look superior. But using Jesus to make my wrong stuff look good is not going to work.

"God resists the proud" (in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5)

"be clothed with humility" (in 1 Peter 5:5)

So, we need how we look to God, by being "clothed with humility". We do not need to be concerned with what we look like to people, because of the color and shade of our skin!!

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
There has been... kind of a funny debate going on here. Like the thing is what is funny is the first part, this is the least religious thing you can debate about but its like either very loud minorities arguing that he was black.. or maybe neo nazis would make up consparicies that jews tries to destroy christianity with misinformation. Because apparently on wikipedia the historical jesus had sort of short hairy bearded with a tad bit broad nose and olive skin of some sort.
But watch this video if you want its incredibly awesome, especially the redneck imitation. Though i think its a tad bit sad that the media sort of mock or give this bait to the issue. Which you can see in the video in the spoiler if you care ,i loved it but that is more off topic.

But one thing i have a feeling i know for sure. People who say Jesus was black based on "revelations" are incredibly wrong i think. Now you may disagree but i really think its most likely just wrong. Because ok here is the thing, they will say "hair like wool, and bronze feet or something burnt" and they say, see black. What they ignore is there is some obvious symbolism, like what was Jesus always trying to say he was the seed of? King David. What did king david do before he became king? Tend sheep. Who is the lamb? Jesus, aka there you have it. Wool. Bronze feet i heard resembles strenght but not sure. To prove it, there is a verse that says out of his mouth came a sharp edge sword... Like i have doubts Jesus walked the earth with a sword dangling out of his mouth. Like i am not saying this to sort of seem anti that he was black, i am open to the possibility that he is. I just have hard time taking people seriously who use "book of revelations" as source. Thats really lack of understanding the massive amounts of symbolism, and if i am wrong then prove it or give me a reason why i am wrong in this?.

Now here is why he may be black... though i am not saying he is but i am atleast arguing if he was.

Ethiopia if you didnt know it has a semitic main language. Thats not a lie, search it up. Their writing language is semitic meaning they came in contact with the jews. This is also a thing with the old testament, accordingly Moses had two wives, first was the one he married to daughter of Jethro after he escaped Egypt, 2nd was when he was in the wilderness i think, and Aaron and Miriam complained, Miriam got lepersy because of that so Aaron asked Moses to ask God to forgive her, and so he does and God says something like go outside the camp for sometime til it gets healed or something, in either way she is ethiopian the one Moses married here, maybe Aaron didnt get cursed because he was the high priest or something but thats just an assumption. It doesnt say in the bible but it does say she belongs to some kingdom or something which most experts says Etiophia. And then Solomon had visit from Queen of Sheeba which is from Etiophia, so biblically speaking they atleast had some connections to that country. But then again some classify etiophians as caucasian race and not the black race, so even then the question is again if its actually the black race itself even if their skin is dark. But whether its true what old historians says or not, doesnt matter to me. But i am saying in terms of this... mayybe he was. Maybe. To me it doesnt matter. But thats just what i'm saying.

But what do you think?

Jesus Christ, when he came to our world and lived in Judea, was Middle Eastern.

Jesus_front.jpg

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But what do you think?

...I think it doesn't really matter what hue of skin Jesus may have really had. In fact, I can't say that anyone really knows what Jesus specifically looked like as far as that goes, and in saying this, I'm not sure how much we should even care about it. As even Paul said from his own, closer perspective,

Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him [that way] thus no longer.

2 Corinthians 5:16
So, even though the context of the verse above is making reference to the new nature in Christ over the old nature of sin (of people other than Jesus), I think it still contains enough open inference to also apply to the social stigmas floating around by which people try to identify Jesus as being definitely one ethnic skin tone, or another. All we really know is that He was Jewish, male, and sinless. Now, He is the Glorified Son of God, beyond mere skin tones and any specific racial identity.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He wasn't an Arab. They only invaded the area after Mohammed's death. And he wasn't black, although Black Nationalists make much of the verse in Revelation--which they misinterpret. It does not say that he whom John saw had hair like wool (in texture). It says that it was white, like the color of wool. Revelation 1:14

Upvote 0

Rnion

Aug 8, 2017
Oslo
✟15,574.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, white supremacy is inferior.
In new testament, yes. As in terms of identity politics which is "there is neither jew nor greek, nor slave nor free, nor male nor female for you are in all Christ" basically the faith determines your fruit, not what your identify as.

However, the old testament has some disturbing stuff. Ham saw Noah uncovered and drunk from alcohol, and told Shem and Japeth, Shem and Japhet however covered Noah's nakedness, Shem is basically father of semites, Japeth father of Europeans.. ham guess what, father of the Africans. Which was something slave owners in US used as justification for the hard labour and gruesome reasons for the treatments, but basically ham's son canaan was who got the blame. Canaan is likely the father of caananites so Ham didnt get the curse, though its like being guilt by assosiation in some case.

Although in terms of racism i think its horrible. Like i know why some white supremacists group do it but they do it for stupid dumb reasons. Here is one reason i think

black = 100% homosapiens
white = 4% neanderthal, 96& homosapiens (which may explain why there isnt that much outwards difference except maybe face and hair and other biological differences)
asians = 20% neanderthal and rest i think is denisovan.

Basically if you have been living under a rock, neanderthal was known for having big brains. Blacks are know stereotypically for being better athletes. But in terms of IQ they have less advantage.

But here is the reason why that is dumb reason to use as justisifcation for racism. 1: humanity and cooperation is what makes a society, not racism. 2: Less advantage doesnt mean less smart.

Like lets say some sexist says well women are not physically stronger than males, therefor she cant be a warrior due to lack of advantage of muscles advantage. But try to think about it, if one is dedicated and trains hard. Really who's the winner and who's the loser here between someone who dedicate to it and one who slams his lip and is doing nothing?.

The point is to work together So i just think racism is terrible in general. Neil deGrasse Tyson for example is pretty interesting to listen too. Which is different when watching KKK or that kind of stuff.

Also how do we know who Shem, Ham and Japeth's ancestors are?. It was written by the jewish historian Flavius Josephus according to wikipedia. Whether you think is true or not is up to you

"Geographic identifications of Flavius Josephus, c. 100 AD; Japheth's sons shown in red, Ham's sons in blue, Shem's sons in green."

Shem - Wikipedia
Shem - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Jesus was neither black (Sub-Saharan African) or white (Northern European). Jesus would have, as others mentioned, looked like any other Palestinian Jew, which we could pretty accurately describe as being "brown". I think we can also reasonably say He would likely have been on the darker, rather than lighter side, seeing as He grew up in the household of Joseph a carpenter by trade, and spent much of His time outside under the hot Judean sun.

But insofar as if we are going to ascribe a general skin tone to Jesus, brown would be the most accurate. He wouldn't have been black, and He even more certainly wouldn't have been white.

And, of course, it's important to remember that race doesn't exist. Human beings are not divided, biologically, into races; that's an artificial construct. In reality human beings form a gradient across the globe.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Gen. 11:31
And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

Gen. 24:3
And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell:
Gen 24:4 But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.

Gen 24:10 And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor.

MESOPOTAMIA:
H763
ארם נהרים
'ăram nahărayim
ar-am' nah-har-ah'-yim
From H758 and the dual of H5104; Aram of (the) two rivers (Euphrates and Tigris) or Mesopotamia: - Aham-naharaim, Mesopotamia.

Gen. 24:15
And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.

Gen.28:2
Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother.

PADANARAM:
H6307
פדּן ארם פּדּן
paddân paddan 'ărâm
pad-dawn', pad-dan' ar-awm'
From an unused root meaning to extend; a plateau; or the second form which is from the same and H758; the table land of Aram; Paddan or Paddan-Aram, a region of Syria: - Padan, Padan-aram.

What we see at this point is, Abraham and his wife Sara, and Isaac's wife Rebekah were all from what is now IRAQ.

The son of Isaac was Jacob, and his wife was from Padanaram, which is in Syria.

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Mat 1:2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
Mat 1:3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
Mat 1:4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
Mat 1:5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
Mat 1:6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
Mat 1:7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
Mat 1:8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
Mat 1:9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
Mat 1:10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
Mat 1:11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
Mat 1:12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
Mat 1:13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
Mat 1:14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
Mat 1:15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
Mat 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
Mat 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

All of these people in the ancestry of Jesus were of Eastern, and Middle Eastern heritage.

Therefore we are able to make an educated guess as to hat Jesus the Man might have looked like.

I personally would accept the post #6 picture above as accurate.

Upvote 0

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
ubicariatzi party has taken this to the Leftist American Political Arena interesting.
---
Greetings Christians, Friends, Cousins~brothers, sisters~and others Good morning ```

Never given this, the cut of this thread, much of a though ~I guess because when we followed Christ at that time and sent messages to him, received answers and were visited by his chosen Apostles~the description of his voice, his manner bore no surprise.

The world was in a way smaller then, more time was needed to travel shorter distance.

Who knew that after thousands of years, you, I and they would be pondering, and handling the very look of our Lord in vulgar conversation.

I've spoken with him since last we talked as have some of you, I didn't think to ask what he looked like, I think we all know~even the sound of his voice.

Our Lord be with you, I've need for a cupa and a look round the site.

seth

`

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
He wasn't an Arab. They only invaded the area after Mohammed's death. And he wasn't black, although Black Nationalists make much of the verse in Revelation--which they misinterpret. It does not say that he whom John saw had hair like wool (in texture). It says that it was white, like the color of wool. Revelation 1:14
How do you know He wasn't black? Historical and biblical facts proves that He was. Nimrod, along with his Babylonian kingdom was the grandson of Ham. The land of Egypt was actually the land of Mizraim, from the lineage of Ham. Egyptians were originally black skinned people before all the conquering of other nations. The philistines from the lineage of Ham. Canaan the lineage of Ham. Joseph, Moses, and Paul were mistaken as Egyptians. The children of Israel (lineage of Shem) multiplied to a great nation in the land of Egypt before coming into the land of Canaan. So the Ethiopians Egyptians and Israelites looked alike as far as skin color. What if I said it's white supremacist nationalist who have white washed and revised historical facts to fit their paradigm of white supremacy? There is no proof that the true Hebrews were white skinned Caucasian Europeans

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Guessing > someone of Ethiopia might not be as dark as others. And that one could have been related to Jesus. Or, vice versa, someone Arab could have been more dark and related to Jesus. Not all in a group are exactly the same in shade and color.

What is important to prophecy is that Jesus came through Jewish flesh and blood.

But what matters in us is not outward anything >

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

So, white supremacy is inferior. Jesus says the one who exalts himself will be humbled. There are people who associate with someone or something which is superior, in order to make themselves look superior. But using Jesus to make my wrong stuff look good is not going to work.

"God resists the proud" (in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5)

"be clothed with humility" (in 1 Peter 5:5)

So, we need how we look to God, by being "clothed with humility". We do not need to be concerned with what we look like to people, because of the color and shade of our skin!!
I agree but there are great lies concerning this topic. And to go along with the lie now does no one any good. And is why movies, books, and pictures push this white supremacist lie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How do you know He wasn't black?
How do I know he wasn't green? Well, all we have are facts, and there are none that indicate that he was black.

Egyptians were originally black skinned people before all the conquering of other nations.
This is definitely untrue.

The children of Israel (lineage of Shem) multiplied to a great nation in the land of Egypt before coming into the land of Canaan.

and remained separate from the Egyptians, as the Bible records.

There is a faint chance of some aberration occurring, but it would be without proof or even probability; and it wouldn't affect Jesus personally, as he was not one of the Israelites brought out of Egypt by Moses and would, in any case, have been seen as different from the main body of the Jews if he had been of other stock. But that did not happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How do you know He wasn't black? Historical and biblical facts proves that He was. Nimrod, along with his Babylonian kingdom was the grandson of Ham. The land of Egypt was actually the land of Mizraim, from the lineage of Ham. Egyptians were originally black skinned people before all the conquering of other nations. The philistines from the lineage of Ham. Canaan the lineage of Ham. Joseph, Moses, and Paul were mistaken as Egyptians. The children of Israel (lineage of Shem) multiplied to a great nation in the land of Egypt before coming into the land of Canaan. So the Ethiopians Egyptians and Israelites looked alike as far as skin color. What if I said it's white supremacist nationalist who have white washed and revised historical facts to fit their paradigm of white supremacy? There is no proof that the true Hebrews were white skinned Caucasian Europeans

Look at my post # 12 which gives the lineage of Jesus all the way back to Abraham.

We know where his Ancestors came from, therefore we can make a logical guess as to what Jesus looked like, not allowing our prejudices, or preferences to shade His color.

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
How do I know he wasn't green? Well, all we have are facts, and there are none that indicate that he was black.

This is definitely untrue.

and remained separate from the Egyptians, as the Bible records.

There is a faint chance of some aberration occurring, but it would be without proof or even probability; and it wouldn't affect Jesus personally, as he was not one of the Israelites brought out of Egypt by Moses and would, in any case, have been seen as different from the main body of the Jews if he had been of other stock. But that did not happen.
And what facts do you have to prove he was white? By the Europeans there in Israel today? You cannot prove that He wasn't black is my point. You still couldn't tell the difference for the most part from Egyptians and The Hebrews in skin color. He was definitely not white as most white supremacist push. Neither were the Hebrews

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Look at my post # 12 which gives the lineage of Jesus all the way back to Abraham.

We know where his Ancestors came from, therefore we can make a logical guess as to what Jesus looked like, not allowing our prejudices, or preferences to shade His color.

It's only when this topic of the Hebrews or Christ being not white that this prejudice or "we shouldn't care what color He was" is brought up. Whatever shade of brown, whether dark or a little lighter makes no difference. It's the fact that the white Europeans have created a Caucasian looking Jesus to fit their racist paradigm

Upvote 0

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A Caucasian looking Jesus you say~

We are from the Caucasian Mountains, Father was born about 600 miles from where the Man you know as Jesus walked and taught, Mother's family from a bit closer. Yes, he may well have been Caucasian~many of us have never though to argue the point nor do I now~If you feel in you heart he was other than that~go and be satisfied that you are right~or better yet ask him to give you the answer that you have already are convinced of.

Go with God and have it your way and chuckle to your self when you hear another bringing up the subject.

Does the World’s Top Weed Killer Cause Cancer? Trump’s EPA Will Decide

Upvote 0