Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Caesar was supposed to be the genetic birthright "god on Earth," which can trace his lineage to Ancient Egyptian royalty - the Pharaoh - whose title was "god on earth."

I don't know about the other skeletons... they seem to be new finds of antediluvian skeletons of either of the four races of hybrids. But I am commenting on Caesar''s alleged hight (and, specifically any alleged "renown/mythos/powers" general Caesars were supposed to have.

Whether they faked their power by psychology or politics, physically showed it, mentally showed it, or a combination of them all, the "lore" is that Caesars are the Romans equivalent - even genetically linked - to the Pharaohs (possibly even Phoenician and Sumer Ian supremes) who were the "gods on earth." That was the "spiel" that kept them in power up until "now" - even when they fled to the Iberian Peninsula, and then UK islands when their numbers allegedly dwindled.

Well, the way that Caesar is described as wearing his wife's bracelet around his thumb and being approxs 8 feet 6 inches tall is quaint. Either his wife had and unusually narrow wrist or else he was disproportioned-correct?

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, the way that Caesar is described as wearing his wife's bracelet around his thumb and being approxs 8 feet 6 inches tall is quaint. Either his wife had and unusually narrow wrist or else he was disproportioned-correct?

A female's bracelet around his finger - assuming an average size of 6" in circumference, and an ideally cylindrical finger - would mean that man's finger is about 2" across - one finger diameter was the average length of an adult male index finger.

Now, we can use a crude estimated relationship between palm size, and height. Height for men (in) ~ palm size (in) × 0.11. A man at 8'6" = 102", we have a palm size of (0.11)(102) = 11.22" GLOVE SIZE.

I would have to use a couple more crude estimates (length of middle finger is 3/8 length of entire palm,) that puts the length of the middle finger at 4.208" long. Now, I used the other crude estimate of the diameter of your finger is 2/5 the length of the finger - this puts the diameter of his finger as 1.712" in diameter.

Assuming this man had a female''s average sized bracelet (6" in circumference,) that gives us a "theoretical" figure if 1.9098" in diameter. With our estimates, the man would have a 1.7108" in diameter finger.

This gives an error of about 10% in finger circumference... which just shows we used extremely crude models (but, for our purposes of qualification, this is a meaningful and useful figure.)

What this shows is the giant's finger is actually proportionate to his body size - assuming everything is true about the story.
The magnitude of percent error comes primarily from calibrating well-known ratios of human body dimensions to this giant's proportions. Usually under 5% is great, but considering we must draw from human phisiology, and given that the entity we are studying may not obey the exact same growth as a normal human, this estimate is a decent estimation for our purposes - which was to compare the logic of a man this size wearing a bracelet of an average female around his finger.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Radrook
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A female's bracelet around his finger - assuming an average size of 6" in circumference, and an ideally cylindrical finger - would mean that man's finger is about 2" across - one finger diameter was the average length of an adult male index finger.

Now, we can use a crude estimated relationship between palm size, and height. Height for men (in) ~ palm size (in) × 0.11. A man at 8'6" = 102", we have a palm size of (0.11)(102) = 11.22" GLOVE SIZE.

I would have to use a couple more crude estimates (length of middle finger is 3/8 length of entire palm,) that puts the length of the middle finger at 4.208" long. Now, I used the other crude estimate of the diameter of your finger is 2/5 the length of the finger - this puts the diameter of his finger as 1.712" in diameter.

Assuming this man had a female''s average sized bracelet (6" in circumference,) that gives us a "theoretical" figure if 1.9098" in diameter. With our estimates, the man would have a 1.7108" in diameter finger.

This gives an error of about 10% in finger circumference... which just shows we used extremely crude models (but, for our purposes of qualification, this is a meaningful and useful figure.)

What this shows is the giant's finger is actually proportionate to his body size - assuming everything is true about the story.
The magnitude of percent error comes primarily from calibrating well-known ratios of human body dimensions to this giant's proportions. Usually under 5% is great, but considering we must draw from human phisiology, and given that the entity we are studying may not obey the exact same growth as a normal human, this estimate is a decent estimation for our purposes - which was to compare the logic of a man this size wearing a bracelet of an average female around his finger.
If the finger was that huge imagine the fist itself!

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let's just stick to what the word says.
There were many giants and if a brain tumor would have been the cause then scripture would tell us
Blessings
FCJ
The Bible reveals things that it considers essential for us to know. Isn't it possible that God would consider that detail totally unnecessary for us to know?

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yao ming was 7'6" and played nba for played 9 years n the nba very well coordinated
Angus macAskill....1825-1863...was
7'9". 500lbs lbs ...no giantism features
Shouders 44"
Chest. 80"
His feats of strength may be exqjerqted but he was a farm boy and im sure strionger than anyone today...

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yao ming was 7'6" and played nba for played 9 years n the nba very well coordinated
Angus macAskill....1825-1863...was
7'9". 500lbs lbs ...no giantism features
Shouders 44"
Chest. 80"
His feats of strength may be exqjerqted but he was a farm boy and im sure strionger than anyone today...

Well, size does matter if you are going to fight someone. I once was involved in a dispute with this approx. 400 pound fellow and the person observing the argument later told me that all that fellow had to do to immobilize me in a fight was to use his weight.

He finished his description by saying:

"Imaging him just sitting on your chest!"

BTW
There is this video on the Internet where a fat woman has this skinny man, her lover, pinned to the ground just by sitting on him. The skinny man struggles and begs her to let him get up but to no avail. Gravity does all the work.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes. She had FRATERNAL twins.

And she bare again... in Gen 4:1-2, and that word means "to add, to come together, again..."

"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground."

I did not say Cain was not EVE'S son, I said he wasn't Adam's son. What happened in the garden was not just an allegory, it was the first ritual magick exhibition with a sexual Intercourse sealing the contract. Pure evil. And, as a result Cain was NOT Adam''s son. One human, one an abomination. One is the lamb, and one is the (scape)goat. This motif is throughout the canon, and apocrypha.

Adam's line begins with Seth, because Abel was dead (with no children,) and in spite of Cain still being alive, and the actual first born child.

"This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:" Gen 5:1-3

His lineage begins with him: Cain.

" And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.

And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle..." Gen 5:16-20

Cain even purposely names his sons after the prophetic names of Adam's children, to further confuse the bloodline prophecied to bruise the serpents head in 3:15.

So what you are saying is that Cain was the first Nephilim produced by Satan's relation with Eve?

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
So what you are saying is that Cain was the first Nephilim produced by Satan's relation with Eve?

Yes, by Azazel and Eve. I dont know if his race was "nephilim," as there are four races of hybrids. It is very controversial, but after reading many different sources that basically say the same thing, the main thing that is left out is in the canon - concerning details of the fallen and their offspring hybrids.

Part of magic ritual is to have sex to seal the deal. Azazel's serpent "wholly beguiled" Eve - that is what the Hebrew word means. Cain is the goat, the imposter - straight from the SCAPEGOAT himself, Azazel. The covenant between Eve and Azazel - made consciously, and sealed with intercourse (making Eve the first technical witch also) - produced the product Cain.

Cain's father is NEVER mentioned in the bible in genealogy or reference, yet every person of God listed in the bible can trace their genetics back to Adam, who was a son of God. Even Christ. Cain's father is a fallen angel, so he is NOT a son of God, he is a son of Azazel. His spirit did not come from God, or Adam as it were.

Which, should illustrate even more the mercy and patience of God - that he was willing to reason with a hybrid abomination, telling him to rule over sin, and how to be accepted by God. Cain didn't want that. He got jealous of his fully human half brother Abel, and killed him when he realized Abel was going to bring the prophecy of Genesis 3:15 to reality.

Then, he tried to beat out Adam, and name HIS kids after prophetic names Adam would eventually name his first born male, and those males afterward. This was to pollute the bloodline of Christ with abominable genetics, and full impurity such that not even Christ can come through a human vessel and save us - as the entire flesh (genetics) would be tainted/corrupt.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, by Azazel and Eve. I dont know if his race was "nephilim," as there are four races of hybrids. It is very controversial, but after reading many different sources that basically say the same thing, the main thing that is left out is in the canon - concerning details of the fallen and their offspring hybrids.

Part of magic ritual is to have sex to seal the deal. Azazel's serpent "wholly beguiled" Eve - that is what the Hebrew word means. Cain is the goat, the imposter - straight from the SCAPEGOAT himself, Azazel. The covenant between Eve and Azazel - made consciously, and sealed with intercourse (making Eve the first technical witch also) - produced the product Cain.

Cain's father is NEVER mentioned in the bible in genealogy or reference, yet every person of God listed in the bible can trace their genetics back to Adam, who was a son of God. Even Christ. Cain's father is a fallen angel, so he is NOT a son of God, he is a son of Azazel. His spirit did not come from God, or Adam as it were.

Which, should illustrate even more the mercy and patience of God - that he was willing to reason with a hybrid abomination, telling him to rule over sin, and how to be accepted by God. Cain didn't want that. He got jealous of his fully human half brother Abel, and killed him when he realized Abel was going to bring the prophecy of Genesis 3:15 to reality.

Then, he tried to beat out Adam, and name HIS kids after prophetic names Adam would eventually name his first born male, and those males afterward. This was to pollute the bloodline of Christ with abominable genetics, and full impurity such that not even Christ can come through a human vessel and save us - as the entire flesh (genetics) would be tainted/corrupt.

How do we gauge the reliability of the sources where this information is found? Which ones do you view as most reliable?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
How do we gauge the reliability of the sources where this information is found? Which ones do you view as most reliable?

Because of the politics, and market for religion - since Christ kicked them out of the temple, and before - I don't find any source 100% reliable. I have had to sift through the misinformation - even abandoning previously held harmful doctrine (and includes the canon.) It actually helped that I was an "agnathiest," because I already had a foundation of suspicion of religion that I used to bolster my research, and stay objective (leaning away from a god.) So, some of those same research methods were used - similar to a doctoral candidate of history doing research for a thesis over many more years. I had to learn languages, lingustics, philosophy, mythology, etc. Then, compare and contrast; wash and rinse.

Eventually, the result is a nugget of insight, and if you are blessed, some wisdom. It is a judgment call either way, which is why you need a "daimon (god-like intellect,) or ideally, the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2017
dallas,texas
✟8,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2017
dallas,texas
✟8,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with some of this but wholly disagree with most of it. Mixed up theology. Cain, Abel and Seth were brothers born from Adam and Eve however Cain did not comply with the plan of salvation as it was known to that first family after the fall (the entrance of sin) yes then in a sense Cain's Father became the serpent and his lineage was pretty bad news.....of course during Noah's flood everyone perished accept Noah and his family and it started all over again......Prayer Warrior 7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
But is it impossible? I'm going to assume from what you said that if I could get you to reply, you would reply that no, it's not impossible.
Impossible? No. Improbable? Yes.

And so you proceed as if what is more likely is what always happens?

Not sure what part of "it's more likely" is tripping you up. Seems pretty straight forward to me, what that means.

Not really. For example, you haven't explained why you think it is more likely stories are falsified than true- even though I challenged that.

I didn't say that about "stories" in general. I was talking about a specific type of stories: fantastical stories.

Let's look at the assumptions you're making, even though you say you're not assuming anything. So, you assume falsifying is more likely (#1).

You seem confused. *I* am not assuming anything. I'm talking about the assumptions we would have to make to accept a certain story as correct.

In that sense, we require MORE problematic assumptions to accept the david/goliath story literally as opposed to not accepting it literally.

The assumption that the size of Goliath was exaggerated is a less problematic assumption then assuming a "giant" actually existed.

We have uncountable precedents of tales of heroism being exaggerated.
We have NO precedents of "giants" the size of Goliath.

You assume ...
#2: He couldn't stand up straight

A reasonable assumption. Just about every example we have of people with growth problems, have serious issues with standing up straight without additonal help. Our bones simply aren't fit for such heights and/or growth rates.

Have you ever seen such people? They are visibly handicapped. They have visible problems with walking etc. And here, we are talking about a dude who's supposed height is TALLER then any documented example we have.

Considering that the problems become increasingly severe as they get taller, it is reasonable to assume that this unprecedented height would come hand in hand with equally unprecedented problems.

#3: that the Philistines weren't bluffing - that they didn't put a rod in Goliath's armor that supported him and forced him to stand straight
#4: that he had to stand straight to scare the Israelites - that they wouldn't be scared by his sheer size
#5: that their fear wasn't amplified by other factors such as a king (Saul) who wasn't committed to the battle but was looking for a way out - that the Philistines in general were intimidating.
#6: that the Israelites were "seasoned warriors" and their ranks weren't filled with a bunch of farmers, herders, and shopkeepers.

If it was a bluff, they would've found out the second they defeated him. In fact, it would have been apparant the second the fight between him and David started.

If that is the case, why was it ommitted from the story?
The guy is, after all, depicted as a fearsome warrior and that somehow what David did was an insane accomplishment. But if it was just a bluff.... then it wasn't that much of an accomplishment, now was it? Not to mention that it would have been incredibly dishonest to lie about it in the story, by making it seem as if David just accomplished the near impossible...

But anyway, as the story goes, Goliath's armor supposedly weight 125 pounds and NOTHING in the story indicates any kind of "bluff".

#7: that it wouldn't accomplish anything to defeat Goliath if he were actually weak, which dismisses the power of symbolism - the idea of a "champion" and that Goliath had been chosen as such by the Philistines even if you wouldn't choose Goliath.

I have no problems with symbolism. But the bible story, again, doesn't imply any such thing.

#8: The idea that 2m76 is "not anywhere near" Goliath's height, given the questions about how to properly interpret the text: How tall was Goliath? Even if we take the 9'6" (2m90) often used, that is only a 14 cm difference (5%). Sounds pretty close to me.

Sources I've read state the bible's given measurements are the equivalent of +3m.
But that is indeed just the bible. Many other sources (like the dead sea scrolls for example) give very different and far more reasonable measurements... ranging from 1m90 tot 2m20.

Whole different ballgame.

#9: that age is somehow relevant ... I don't even get this one. So the one guy died at 22. So what?

General life expectancy of ancient times vs post-enlightment times.
We have become increasingly better at keeping people alive. As I said, such growth deficiencies go hand in hand with serious health problems. Problems that we have become increasingly better in dealing with.

Goliath couldn't have been younger than 22?

Sure. But then his growth rate becomes even more unbelievable.

Alexander the Great was only 16 when he began his rampage.

Sure. And if people would have claimed that Alexander measured 3m at that age, I would find it equally unbelievable/unreasonable.

Those are the assumptions I noticed. I'm sure other people could point out a few more.
Too bad you missed the point of all of them.

Here's the question you need to ask yourself:

Which requires more unreasonable assumptions?
- that the story is literally true and an unprecedented giant actually existed?
or
- that the story is literally true, but that the actual size of Goliath was exaggerated?

I say that it is rather obvious that the first option requires more unreasonable assumptions.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Goliath was a left over from the Nephillim-- when the daughters of men knew (Bible Term meaning procreation) the fallen angels.

This was the arguement with the 12 spies...
The word nephilim is used only 2 times in the Bible
Noah day
Genesis 6:4...nephilim
Numbers 13:33... 10 spies sqid they were nephilim

Joshua and Caleb..confirmed the giants from anak but didnt confirm the nephilim....
They were called rephaiim or anakiim....

It,can be confirmed that rephaiim were 10-15' tall
As Og was 12-13'... And the last of the rephaiim
Deuteronomy 3:11

Also we,should infer that nephilim before the flood were larger.....
15-20'++++

Thats why the 10 used the word Nephilim because they said they were the big ones.....
"We looked like grasshoppers"

It would have been difficult to see from a distance how large these giants were in cannaan ........

But it would have taken bros,like caleb filled with the Holy Spirit Power of God to take them out.......

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2017
Continental
✟8,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Golliath was a champion of the Philistine army. He was THE guy who could win wars if no one else could.

Acromegaly would not produce a champion of war. Persons with acromegaly suffer from neurosis, arthrosis, as well as impaired vision (because of the adenoma on the gland.) These are key handicaps that would not be heralded as profitable - especially as a champion fighter.

Golliath was a remnant of the Rephaim - one of several races of angel/human offspring (usually, one only hears about the nephilim.)

We don't know if he were actually a warrior by skill - everything was based on rumor and legend. He was merely large relative to the rest of his people. He might've been what we would consider legally blind for all we know with many muscular, joint and even nerve problems. It wouldn't have mattered. His reputation preceded him as being a giant and therefore a ferocious killer. It's psychological warfare.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We don't know if he were actually a warrior by skill - everything was based on rumor and legend. He was merely large relative to the rest of his people. He might've been what we would consider legally blind for all we know with many muscular, joint and even nerve problems. It wouldn't have mattered. His reputation preceded him as being a giant and therefore a ferocious killer. It's psychological warfare.

Funny how nobody has yet suggested that he was probably using stilts.
Stilts - Wikipedia

Upvote 0