Was ‘Hang Mike Pence’ Chanted at Capitol Riot?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They brought a bleeping gallows to hang the vice president of the United States.

-CryptoLutheran
So by those standards anyone who is a part of a peaceful protest where some people become violent should be guilty of violence that they had noting to do with?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So by those standards anyone who is a part of a peaceful protest where some people become violent should be guilty of violence that they had noting to do with?

How many peaceful protestors do you think violently invaded the Capitol?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many peaceful protestors do you think violently invaded the Capitol?

-CryptoLutheran
Truly, I think a whole bunch of people thought that they were going to march down and enter to Capitol and remain there until ordered to leave. I believe that the majority of Trump supporters are law and order supporters, those people had never been violent. I believe they found themselves trapped in the middle of a riot that they never anticipated. That in no way is to say that there were not people there with the intent to riot and to agitate the crowd. We need to give the investigators time to sort out the criminals from the protestors.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Truly, I think a whole bunch of people thought that they were going to march down and enter to Capitol and remain there until ordered to leave. I believe that the majority of Trump supporters are law and order supporters, those people had never been violent. I believe they found themselves trapped in the middle of a riot that they never anticipated. That in no way is to say that there were not people there with the intent to riot and to agitate the crowd. We need to give the investigators time to sort out the criminals from the protestors.

I think you want to believe that. I think you want to believe that because you are having a difficult time accepting that what happened on January 6th really happened exactly the way it did.

The president of the United States used language to incite the anger of the mob, and to direct that anger toward Congress and VP Mike Pence. He had been claiming he really won the election, that the whole thing was rigged, spreading stupid conspiracy theories and painting the picture of a huge interconnected deep state conspiracy and feeding it to his supporters. They believed, because the president told them to believe it, that this election was stolen, that the Democrats rigged and stole the election, were engaged in a coup against the president, and were traitors to the United States. That was their belief, and so when Trump told them to march, and used the kinds of language he used, with Giuliani also literally telling them that it will be a "trial by combat". It was all primed and in their minds that this was it, this was the moment to take their country back. And so they felt wholly justified in all that they were doing.

They had been radicalized and brainwashed to become terrorists for Donald Trump.

That's what happened. That is the situation we are dealing with.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you want to believe that. I think you want to believe that because you are having a difficult time accepting that what happened on January 6th really happened exactly the way it did.

The president of the United States used language to incite the anger of the mob, and to direct that anger toward Congress and VP Mike Pence. He had been claiming he really won the election, that the whole thing was rigged, spreading stupid conspiracy theories and painting the picture of a huge interconnected deep state conspiracy and feeding it to his supporters. They believed, because the president told them to believe it, that this election was stolen, that the Democrats rigged and stole the election, were engaged in a coup against the president, and were traitors to the United States. That was their belief, and so when Trump told them to march, and used the kinds of language he used, with Giuliani also literally telling them that it will be a "trial by combat". It was all primed and in their minds that this was it, this was the moment to take their country back. And so they felt wholly justified in all that they were doing.

They had been radicalized and brainwashed to become terrorists for Donald Trump.

That's what happened. That is the situation we are dealing with.

-CryptoLutheran
So you are saying that hundreds of people were mind controlled by Trump, Seriously, where is the evidence for that? Trump called for a peaceful protest and nothing more. This whole thing is going to blow up in the face of the Dems if they try to impeach Trump again with another weak at best case like their last foolish attempt.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Only if they stuck around after the violence broke out and took part in it.

The fact is, the march had intended purpose of interrupting the Electoral College Count in Congress.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Only if they stuck around after the violence broke out and took part in it.

The fact is, the march had intended purpose of interrupting the Electoral College Count in Congress.
There is a substantial difference between the intended purpose and what happened which is why it is absolutely reasonable to believe that many of the people did not expect or desire to participate in violence.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you are saying that hundreds of people were mind controlled by Trump, Seriously, where is the evidence for that? Trump called for a peaceful protest and nothing more. This whole thing is going to blow up in the face of the Dems if they try to impeach Trump again with another weak at best case like their last foolish attempt.

Even Trey Gowdy agrees that trump incited what occurred:

(28) Trey Gowdy clashes with Fox News host after he says Trump incited riot - YouTube

Why would there be so much hate, anger, and potential violence directed at pence? Do you think it could have had something to do with trump's inflammatory rhetoric?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is a substantial difference between the intended purpose and what happened which is why it is absolutely reasonable to believe that many of the people did not expect or desire to participate in violence.

But just lile the BLM protesters who were peaceful, their events were used by the radical left to create the looting and destruction they caused.

The better solution for the BLM would've been to limit their protests as their message was received.

However, they eventually saw the benefit in the violence as it put fear into the establishment to the point of society bending over backwards in order to include black people in every aspect of life.

Heck, even the Academy in Hollywood came out and stated that they would no longer nominate movies for Oscars which aren't diverse.

Watch anything on TV lately., and you'd think black people made up 60% of the population instead of 12%.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

(28) Trey Gowdy clashes with Fox News host after he says Trump incited riot - YouTube

Why would there be so much hate, anger, and potential violence directed at pence? Do you think it could have had something to do with trump's inflammatory rhetoric?
Yes I think that Trump said some things that he should not have said, BUT i do not think that he expected what happened and frankly I doubt that there would have been such an event if there had not been people there who were organized, equipped, trained, motivated and had the objective of leading the crowd into a violent riot.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I think that Trump said some things that he should not have said, BUT i do not think that he expected what happened and frankly I doubt that there would have been such an event if there had not been people there who were organized, equipped, trained, motivated and had the objective of leading the crowd into a violent riot.
...those "people" with that objective would be President Trump supporters. And the people they led were other President Trump supporters. And the people who attacked police officers and killed one? Yep, President Trump supporters. And the guys with the zip-ties? And the the ones who erected the gallows? And chanted "Hang Mike Pence!" also Trump supporters. And who urged the crowd to "trial by combat!" A Trump supporter. And who told the crowd: "...you'll never take back our country with weakness, you have to show strength and you have to be strong,”? and "We’ll walk down Pennsylvania Avenue,..." then got in his SUV and went to the White House to watch the carnage? President Trump.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...those "people" with that objective would be President Trump supporters. And the people they led were other President Trump supporters. And the people who attacked police officers and killed one? Yep, President Trump supporters. And the guys with the zip-ties? And the the ones who erected the gallows? And chanted "Hang Mike Pence!" also Trump supporters. And who urged the crowd to "trial by combat!" A Trump supporter. And who told the crowd: "...you'll never take back our country with weakness, you have to show strength and you have to be strong,”? and "We’ll walk down Pennsylvania Avenue,..." then got in his SUV and went to the White House to watch the carnage? President Trump.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)
well tulc if you know that then you know much more than the FBI knows at this time. There is an investigation going on to find out who the people were that had two way radio communications, had military equipment, had riot cuffs, had weapons, had explosives, and very interestingly had a military Psychological Operations officer with them. That would be a person who specializes in controlling and influencing public opinion. These were not your everyday Trump supporters, something big was planned using professionals and thank God it did not come off as it was planned. Now the question is who exactly were those professionals and who paid for this operation. Give the FBI some time before you jump to conclusions.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
well tulc if you know that then you know much more than the FBI knows at this time. There is an investigation going on to find out who the people were that had two way radio communications, had military equipment, had riot cuffs, had weapons, had explosives, and very interestingly had a military Psychological Operations officer with them. That would be a person who specializes in controlling and influencing public opinion. These were not your everyday Trump supporters, something big was planned using professionals and thank God it did not come off as it was planned. Now the question is who exactly were those professionals and who paid for this operation. Give the FBI some time before you jump to conclusions.
The FBI knows it was Trump Supporters. They are investigating specific names and whether they were military trained, etc. They know the Oathkeepers were there, and Proud Boys.

I would say there were also a bunch of naive people who are Trump supporters who did not realize how serious it could get. Like this lady:

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The FBI knows it was Trump Supporters. They are investigating specific names and whether they were military trained, etc. They know the Oathkeepers were there, and Proud Boys.

I would say there were also a bunch of naive people who are Trump supporters who did not realize how serious it could get. Like this lady:

I do not think we can call those far right groups Trump supporters, they support their ideas not Trumps ideas, if anyone including Trump get in the way of what they want to do, well we all know what would happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not think we can call those far right groups Trump supporters, they support their ideas not Trumps ideas, if anyone including Trump get in the way of what they want to do, well we all know what would happen.

Regardless, Trump's rhetoric is what feeds their ideology.

The problem Trump has had since his inauguration is that he doesn't understand
that what he says has a great effect on people. Many are offended while other's applaud his rude name calling and denigrating people, especially reporters. They are happy to see a president not afraid to say what they would like to say.

The problem is, it's not the behavior of a good leader.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's kind of a roller coaster looking at Derpules' series of tweets that day.
(Disclaimer: first post is at the bottom, last post is at the top)

View attachment 293195

-CryptoLutheran

"derpules".... lolol

Far better pic than what I saw before.

They had to have assembled most of it beforehand and trucked it in and finished it. Weird no one noticed beforehand ?

meh. That's not too big. A half dozen people could've carried the pieces in one trip and assembled it in a few minutes.

I gotta say - the picture with the woman and without the forced perspective makes it seem a lot less impressive or intimidating. For all the work it took to build a platform, they could've made it not look like a set piece from a Spinal Tap skit.

lol Trey Gowdy, only guy in DC with worse hair than Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0