Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
McCarthy should have banned all Democrats from participating on committees so the Democrats never pull such a stunt again. Putting all never-Trumps on a committee investigating Trump is Soviet style politics.
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about how the US House of Representatives is supposed to function.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about how the US House of Representatives is supposed to function.
I am keenly aware of the corruption within the Congress and in Congressional committees.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am keenly aware of the corruption within the Congress and in Congressional committees.
How does the Speaker of the House “ban” the opposing party’s members from committees?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nancy Pelosi did it. She bans two, ban a few hundred.
No, she didn't. You seem to be confusing her with Kevin McCarthy, who is the one who actually "banned" Republicans from participating from the Jan 6 committee. Pelosi approved a few Trump supporters who then refused to attend after McCarthy "banned" them from participating.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, she didn't. You seem to be confusing her with Kevin McCarthy, who is the one who actually "banned" Republicans from participating from the Jan 6 committee. Pelosi approved a few Trump supporters who then refused to attend after McCarthy "banned" them from participating.
All the better for him to ban more. Nancy Pelosi was the ring leader.

• Wow
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
All the better for him to ban more. Nancy Pelosi was the ring leader.
If you cannot get your “facts“ correct, why should any of the rest of us pay your opinions any mind?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you cannot get your “facts“ correct, why should any of the rest of us pay your opinions any mind?
I pay attention to what you have to say. I'm a very factual person, you will do better factually by me than with the liberal major media although I will occasionally make a mistake. I don't call out everyone if I think they may be wrong, especially if it is not an important point to me. Perhaps she knows some technical detail I don't or something that was not reported, from past conversations I believe she has a reason to believe it. But since you are trying to put me down here's how it was reported by the liberal media:

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has vetoed two Republican nominees to the panel set to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I pay attention to what you have to say. I'm a very factual person, you will do better factually by me than with the liberal major media although I will occasionally make a mistake. I don't call out everyone if I think they may be wrong, especially if it is not an important point to me. Perhaps she knows some technical detail I don't or something that was not reported, from past conversations I believe she has a reason to believe it. But since you are trying to put me down here's how it was reported by the liberal media:

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has vetoed two Republican nominees to the panel set to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol."
Wait a second, we need to back up to this gem:
Valletta said:
McCarthy should have banned all Democrats from participating on committees so the Democrats never pull such a stunt again. Putting all never-Trumps on a committee investigating Trump is Soviet style politics.
Nancy didn’t allow people who were potential witnesses to be committee members so Kevin pulled all the GOP members from the January 6th committee, Nancy then invited a few interested Republicans to make sure that one party was not completely locked-out of the process. The exact opposite of what you’d like McCarthy to do.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This sort of histrionic revisionism and calls for nuclear options based on false information are just getting embarrassing. McCarthy had 213 other Republican House members to choose from when the 5 who were likely to be subpoenaed as witnesses were rejected. McCarthy then had a childish snit and said he would assign none hoping to delegitimize the proceedings. The Dems then chose Reps. Cheney and Kinzinger for the select committee.

The constant appeals to "Soviet this" and "Stalin that" are ironic given the historical revisionism in which you appear to be engaging.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wait a second, we need to back up to this gem:

Nancy didn’t allow people who were potential witnesses to be committee members so Kevin pulled all the GOP members from the January 6th committee, Nancy then invited a few interested Republicans to make sure that one party was not completely locked-out of the process. The exact opposite of what you’d like McCarthy to do.
He's not going to do it, but my point, which you apparently missed, is to hit the perpetrators harder so they won't do it again. The more injustices that are allowed to go by the more entrenched the corruption becomes.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we do need to back up. You just accused me of getting my facts wrong and now that I have verified the facts for you you change the subject.

No, you got your facts wrong. As your post points out, Pelosi blocked 2 Republicans that were potential witnesses before the committee. She approved the others. Your article even confirms it, "The House speaker said she would accept McCarthy's other nominees: Reps. Rodney Davis of Illinois, Kelly Armstrong of North Dakota and Troy Nehls of Texas."

More to the point, potential witnesses should not be judge or jury, which is basically how Congress acts in its hearings (a combination of judge and jury). It would have been easy for McCarthy to select two others to the committee but he decided to have a temper tantrum instead and tell Republicans that they were not allowed to go -- including the ones that Pelosi had approved.

It was not Pelosi who prevented Republicans from being on the Jan 6 committee, as your article shows, it was McCarthy.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This sort of histrionic revisionism and calls for nuclear options based on false information are just getting embarrassing. McCarthy had 213 other Republican House members to choose from when the 5 who were likely to be subpoenaed as witnesses were rejected. McCarthy then had a childish snit and said he would assign none hoping to delegitimize the proceedings. The Dems then chose Reps. Cheney and Kinzinger for the select committee.

The constant appeals to "Soviet this" and "Stalin that" are ironic given the historical revisionism in which you appear to be engaging.
Actually the two were going to ask hard questions and that's why Nancy vetoed them. Nancy should have recused herself from the process due to her involvement with going against Trump's offer to supply national guard troops, not veto anyone.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Actually the two were going to ask hard questions and that's why Nancy vetoed them. Nancy should have recused herself from the process due to her involvement with going against Trump's offer to supply national guard troops, not veto anyone.
Had nothing to do with them possibly being material witnesses, and in fact one of them being subpoenaed to appear before the committee?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Had nothing to do with them possibly being material witnesses, and in fact one of them being subpoenaed to appear before the committee?

Jim Jordan made it clear he felt Nancy bore some responsibility for being against deploying National Guard troops:

Four House Republicans sent a letter to Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Monday, suggesting she may have been involved in delaying the deployment of National Guard troops both before and during the Capitol siege, a claim the House speaker’s office quickly bucked as a “partisan” attack.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Jim Jordan made it clear he felt Nancy bore some responsibility for being against deploying National Guard troops:

Four House Republicans sent a letter to Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Monday, suggesting she may have been involved in delaying the deployment of National Guard troops both before and during the Capitol siege, a claim the House speaker’s office quickly bucked as a “partisan” attack.
Jim Jordan is wrong. Jordan took a shot at Pelosi but her whizzer pinned him to the mat.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Doesn't mean squat, specially when she's on film working with Mike Pence to get the national guard deployed as juxtaposed to the four time indicted president not only not doing a darn thing, but ignoring the warning people were armed since as he says, they weren't coming from him. Have hard time believing this was brought up?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would Trump be approaching Pelosi about security? Shouldn't he have been coordinating with the Capital Police and maybe the Sergeant of Arms?

It seems to me they would be the experts on the manpower they needed for the security of that building.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Troy Nehls, another Trump supporter, couldn't have asked hard questions? McCarthy couldn't have picked other tough questioners? Despite the fact both being potential witnesses and one actually being subpoenaed, you want us to believe those are the only two that can ask "tough questions" among all the Republicans in the House. To borrow from a Jack Nicholson character, "Go sell crazy somewhere else."

Upvote 0