Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I say that man has free will to sin and free will to follow God, I am not saying we can dump the first part of my comment, I am only saying if you mean it when you repent and it's in your heart, God will forgive you... somewhere in the Bible it is said by someone asking Jesus 'How manytimes must we forgive ? 7 times " and Jesus said "7 times 777" meaning almost forever, if Jesus said this about forgiving others then would He not forgive us that much ?

You have some good points there, but then this, and verses like it get thrown into the mix:

Galatians 5:19-21King James Version (KJV)

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

.....and since it is in the bible, it must mean something. It makes me believe a lifestyle that includes one or more perpetual sins can cost us dearly in spite of what you say.

And don't get me wrong, I'm still trying to figure it out to, and I'm sure you can see why I think as I do, there has to be room in the mix for the verses you mention as well as the one I mentioned and what I said I believed may be true, might be how room is made for all of it.

I think that is more targeted towards 57 who may believe we can do anything and are saved, just not sure yet. So don't think to much of it Russ, as you did not invite some of these comments of mine.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You have some good points there, but then this, and verses like it get thrown into the mix:

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

.....and since it is in the bible, it must mean something. It makes me believe a lifestyle that includes one or more perpetual sins can cost us dearly in spite of what you say.

And don't get me wrong, I'm still trying to figure it out to, and I'm sure you can see why I think as I do, there has to be room in the mix for the verses you mention as well as the one I mentioned and what I said I believed may be true, might be how room is made for all of it.

I think that is more targeted towards 57 who may believe we can do anything and are saved, just not sure yet. So don't think to much of it Russ, as you did not invite some of these comments of mine.

I don't believe in you can do anything and are saved, there is a limit, this I have been shown too....

I have given up all of the above and have one so in over a year in the big ones, like fornication, etc

And yes I welcome your comments as they have been constructive , one of the problems I am facing now is that one of the nurses at the retirement home is thinking that I am going off the deep end because I am writing about Christian Content. Basically she wants me (and my mother thinks the same) to see my psychiatrist because I WAS schizophrenic , but Jesus has not ony set me free from that but has granted me a prayer that I asked Him about getting the Wisdom of The Holy Spirit, and quite frankly I am overwhelmed by it, I do believe that He is only giving me what I can handle and I was wrong about having the mind of Christ or even having an understanding of it, and I just repent of that sin right now dear Jesus and ask for your forgiveness, and I thank you for what you have given me, I am not a prophet, or even Gods messenger but your humble servant. I am simply writing down what you have given me , please Jesus help me to understand even a tenth of it , in Jesus Christ of Nazeruth I ask this in prayer. Amen

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
angel-angels-7450397.jpg

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is on my Christian Forum Group on my Facebook page as the main title image........... Russ Campbell (Computer Repair)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Everyone is welcome but you first must show interest by asking to join unless I have invited you.......Russ Campbell
All of my writings are up to date and are there.....I had thought of removing them from here , but I will leave them....

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If I may...the only instance I can think of right of right now about Satan asking permission, is the Job situation. I to would like to know if there are more cases.

As to repentance, I would put it something like this..If I were drug dealer, murderer, liar, whatever, I would come to grips with the fact those things are wrong and I no longer will "practice" them in general as I had in the past. not that we won't ever sin again, but our minds are made up to work on stopping those thing altogether. And as long as we still sin, we know forgiveness is available for the asking.

What is your idea or repentance? Or if your point is something else, I suppose you will touch on that.

My idea of repentance is turning away from your sin(s) , and actually hating the sin as much as you love Jesus, that is what I have done with most of my sins but one, and I need to surrender it to God as He knows what it is is and I will tell you all what it i, its helping my friends on a site called Chaos-Games, I have stopped downloading all games, even deleted my account there but am giving advice on how to get around the system, I need to stop doing that so now I just repent of that sin to you Jesus and I turn aways from it but I ask you to make it inme that I hate that sin too as much as I love you I need to surrender it all to you and I surrender it now I will postmy papers in teh Mega Cload site that I have and let them kick me off of the site, it is the only way in fact I will post the total 3rd paper to the site explaining why I am leaving the site and delete my account again dear Jesus, and I will remove all prated material from my Mega site and turn totally away from it , thank you Jesus for setting me fre from this horrible sin Edit: It has been done , I left the webmaster a polite message saying that because of a new lifestyle I cannot continue to pirate on his site or even participate, I asked him to remove my account, and I for one am never going back there, its the devils den. I feel so free and I thank you Jesus for setting me free of this horrible sin. Amen Russ Campbell

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I have added your comments as above to my paper.... Russ Campbell

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And yes I welcome your comments as they have been constructive , one of the problems I am facing now is that one of the nurses at the retirement home is thinking that I am going off the deep end because I am writing about Christian Content. Basically she wants me (and my mother thinks the same) to see my psychiatrist because I WAS schizophrenic ,

One mans observation/opinion, you don't sound like you are going off the deep end.

It's pretty common for people think Christians are bonkers. Usually they don't come right out and say it, but I've gotten some of the looks myself. But I don't think I need to say anymore on that, you don't sound like the type of person who is going to let that slow you down one bit.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Allot said. We know there are fallen angels in chains because even God can not control them. I do not believe God allowed or let Satan in the garden. There is just for me SO much more to this. God walking asks.. Adam where are you? Adam tells God what happen and Gods has to ask..WHO told you? God comes down to see if the crys "I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know." God didnt know? Haha..something to think study on.

There are things in this word that tempt us..God always makes a way out. Yet when these sins become habit to where we have to do it. It can be demonic behind it. Jesus told one go and sin no more lest a worse thing come on you. So when we read teh word we need to take it for what it says. I mean.. we believe John 3:16-17 Rom 10:9-10 yes? So you used a word "wisdom". The word says.. if we lack wisdom let him ask. That means.. if you ask.. HE WILL GIVE YOU wisdom. Period. The Holy Spirit.. Jesus said you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much or will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask. <---you dont debate this. You dont wonder you dont guess. You take JESUS as His word. He can not lie. It mattes not what MAN says it means for them or not. Like John 3:16..we dont debate this. We take Him at His word.

Fear.. God has not given us the spirit of fear. It is not in Him of Him. So when you have fear come on..doubt..what ever. You dont go by how you FEEL. Feelings are up and down all over the place. You walk by faith.You speak His word.. you say NO! God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Jesus said.. my peace I give to you. Promise after promise. Gods WILL is HIS word. So when you know His word.. you live it.. you are like Jesus said.. if you love me you keep my words. THAT is GODS will! So then when you pray you KNOW what GOD says. You KNOW He hears you..you then can KNOW that what you prayed for GOD WILL GIVE ANSWER. But.. also know if you doubt.. let not that man think he will get anything from God.

See its not riches or how great you are in this world. To be great like the song so true.. to be great in Gods kingdom.. we become the servant of all. As if lower is higher in His kingdom. What I am saying is.. just read and be like a child .. believe

• Prayers
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If it was Satan, God wouldn't have punished the snake to slither on the ground, as an explanation for why they do so today. Also at the start of Genesis 3 it just says that the serpent was the craftiest of all the beasts of the field that the Lord God had made.

Actually it doesn't say the "craftiest of all the beasts". It says the serpent was craftier than all the beasts. The serpent isn't yet included in the category of the "beasts" in that verse.

The root word for serpent (enchanter) and the word for serpent (snake) are the same Hebrew word (one is presented as a verb, the other a noun, although the verb form can also be used as a noun). In Gen 3:1 the root word has the proper meaning in both forms; enchanter. The word "snake" is derived from it and is used throughout the bible. Even the Greek word for serpent derives from certain characteristic of snakes, and from mythology possiblly related to the Genesis story.

So it was probably a physical manifestation of Lucifer/Satan, whose 'body' was cursed to live as a snake but only after the conversation with Eve. That it was cursed 'above all the beasts of the field' indicates that indeed all animals are cursed, to live a life of fear and often horrible death i.e. "Eat and be eaten". That the snake was cursed above them all is certainly evidenced by the fact that snakes are universally reviled, feared, and often killed on sight. No other animal suffers the same fate (although sharks have suffered horribly out of fear of them).

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums