Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"and as ye have heard that Anticlimax shall come, even now are there many anticlimaxes, whereby we know we are in the lost times"

Seriously, I was originally Anto9us on THIS board, but included a couple of "previous usernames on other boards" in the little status line below our current username.

"DancesWithGnostics" was a creative one...

"Hab" was what others shortened my original Christian board username of Habakkuk3 to;
the username I first had in 1999...

Those two were all that would fit in that area below the current username.

Yes, bettercallpaul, I have spent a long time making up usernames...

but to CHANGE one -- can that even be done?

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking of changing my username. I'm open to suggestions. Have you ever spent a long time trying to come up with a creative one?
I was thinking of changing to "Anticlimax" for instance. What do you think?

I actually like the username. Maybe I'm reading more into it than you purposed, but to me it's genius.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I actually like the username. Maybe I'm reading more into it than you purposed, but to me it's genius.
The day I registered, I had the cable tv series "Bettercall Saul" in my head. It came easy.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
you were st. worms 1 before?

No, daleko. Everyone thought I was a girl, and a Japanese one at that (not that there's anything wrong with Japanese girls, I just got tired of always being thought of as one :p).

My real first and last names mean, "Beloved Kitten", in Hebrew and Yiddish respectively, so I guess things could be/are worse ^_^

There was a St_Worm here years ago. A Lutheran actually, and I liked his user name, so I became St_Worm2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The day I registered, I had the cable tv series "Bettercall Saul" in my head. It came easy.

Yeah I'm aware of that part, as I watch the series. I suppose then I am reading too much into what you purposed it to mean. What I see is a username "bettercallpaul" that has altered "saul" to "paul"; which conveys the change in the biblical apostle. You know how Saul the law-filled gospel-supressing church-destroyer was changed into Paul the grace-filled gospel-preaching church-edifier. So your username conveyed the idea of "better 'call/change' from Saul into Paul" - add to this that "Saul" in the series is a shady unethical lawyer, which mirrors biblical lawyering (you know how Jesus was always rebuking the 'lawyers' for being shady corrupters) and the username is fairly multi-layered, even if not by intent. Accidental genius?

Does any of this make sense, or, does it seem like the ravings of a madman?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Yeah I'm aware of that part, as I watch the series. I suppose then I am reading too much into what you purposed it to mean. What I see is a username "bettercallpaul" that has altered "saul" to "paul"; which conveys the change in the biblical apostle. You know how Saul the law-filled gospel-supressing church-destroyer was changed into Paul the grace-filled gospel-preaching church-edifier. So your username conveyed the idea of "better 'call/change' from Saul into Paul" - add to this that "Saul" in the series is a shady unethical lawyer, which mirrors biblical lawyering (you know how Jesus was always rebuking the 'lawyers' for being shady corrupters) and the username is fairly multi-layered, even if not by intent. Accidental genius?

Does any of this make sense, or, does it seem like the ravings of a madman?
I love it. It makes me look really cool and Christian and deep and intelligent at the same time! :)
I might copy and paste your answer, if anyone asks me about the origin of my username.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I will say that, like John, I like your present user name (not that you shouldn't change it if you want to, of course). It's definitely distinctive, and quite frankly, with all the anti-Pauline threads around this place, it's nice to see a user name that at least sounds pro-Paul :)

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I will say that, like John, I like your present user name (not that you shouldn't change it if you want to, of course). It's definitely distinctive, and quite frankly, with all the anti-Pauline threads around this place, it's nice to see a user name that at least sounds pro-Paul :)
OK. Due to overwhelming popular demand and unanimous admiration, I will henceforth continue as the unique, the proudly humble BCP. Bettercallpaul.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking of changing my username. I'm open to suggestions. Have you ever spent a long time trying to come up with a creative one?
I was thinking of changing to "Anticlimax" for instance. What do you think?

Do you know how confusing it is for us old people when you people change your user names?

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
OK. Due to overwhelming popular demand and unanimous admiration, I will henceforth continue as the unique, the proudly humble BCP. Bettercallpaul.

Oh good, I was about to get confused.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too late for me to suggest "Grumpy"? Since my wife switched from calling me that to calling me "Dopey", the name is available. I don't think anyone else here uses it, and it seems to fit the image you project. Although I know you are not.

But I too like BCP, it shows creativity and humor. Maybe you should start a thread where we could all explain how we picked our user name.

Upvote 0