The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I changed mine after an absence. I used to be TheOtherHockeyMom , but that didn't really fit when my kids switched to skiing and the reference had kind of lost relevance. I was even Athansor, back at The Pizza Parlor. ..bonus points if you know where that comes from!
Athansor is a magical flying horse from the story "Winter's Tale". Bet your kids read it or watched the movie.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is it. Go for it.
Others beat me to it, but here goes. Martinius was my father's middle name. I doubt anyone else in the world right now knows this. He went with "Martin" instead, but usually just used the initial. I didn't know his true middle name until I looked up his birth record.

I also picked it because there is no famous historical person with that name.

The avatar is because Bullwinkle is an admirable character: honest, guileless, unassuming, means no one harm. A great cartoon Christian.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Athansor is a magical flying horse from the story "Winter's Tale". Bet your kids read it or watched the movie.
It's one of my favorite books, the movie was so-so. I hope my kids read it when they get older. A Soldier of the Great War is also a good read.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep, Montana it is!

Montana, Montana, glory of the west!
Of all the states from coast to coast
You're easily the best.
Montana, Montana, skies are always blue,
M-O-N-T-A-N-A, Montana I love you!

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Montana, Montana, glory of the west!
Of all the states from coast to coast
You're easily the best.
Montana, Montana, skies are always blue,
M-O-N-T-A-N-A, Montana I love you!
The song sure doesn't attract me there, or that version of it anyway. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is an improvement although a predictable western giddyup tune.
I like Montana since seeing the movie "River Runs Through It".

Both of these Montana songs are from my youth. You'd like them a lot better if you heard me sing them in person.

I blubbered the whole way through "A River Runs Through It" the first time I watched. It was set in my hometown of Missoula though it was filmed mostly in Bozeman.

This is my favourite line, "The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana".

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Others beat me to it, but here goes. Martinius was my father's middle name. I doubt anyone else in the world right now knows this. He went with "Martin" instead, but usually just used the initial. I didn't know his true middle name until I looked up his birth record.

I also picked it because there is no famous historical person with that name.

The avatar is because Bullwinkle is an admirable character: honest, guileless, unassuming, means no one harm. A great cartoon Christian.

I've never heard of Bullwinkle but he sounds friendly & I like his name!

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've had the same user name since I've been on CF. I took it from a long time, good friend of my wife who was a bit of a wordsmith. Being that 'tad' means a small child and 'lamb' is another title used for our Lord, when I was in RCIA I realized how cool of a name I had.

Before selecting it as my user name I should have given it some thought as my fan club has figured out that it can easily be perverted to 'tadoflame' or my favourite, 'tadofflame'.

When I first joined CF we had what we called our 'CF dollies'. They were little characters you could dress up and use as an avatar. When we had the big change on CF and lost our dollies, I recreated mine in Lego. I like it so I've kept it. It also helps me remember who I am anytime I log into the forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.