Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a non-trinitarian who believes in, worships and serves the only true God/Elohim, Almighty YHWH, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and Yeshua. Why would you think I believe in a false god? Is YHWH a false god to you?

So what exactly do you believe about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation was not the last book to be written chronologically. It's placement at the end of the Bible is due more to it being thematic in that position and due to questions of both authorship and canonicity.

That is just not true The Books: John, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John and Revelation were all written when John was on the island of Patmos at about 90 to 100 A.D. Revelation was among the last collection of scripture to be written. So it place in scripture would be correct

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Man cannot add to scripture.

God of course can continue to add to His words, as He did when much of the NT was written after the Book of Revelation, including the Gospel of John. Rev 22:18-19 refers to the Book of Revelation, not the Bible.

Man can not add true scripture to The Bible, but man can and has added false writings to the scriptures. The false writings changes nothing to the true Word of God, because God's true followers see through such falsehood.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
That is just not true The Books: John, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John and Revelation were all written when John was on the island of Patmos at about 90 to 100 A.D. Revelation was among the last collection of scripture to be written. So it place in scripture would be correct

And your source for this is?

The simple truth of the matter is that even if we presume they were all done about the same time, Revelation wasn't definitively the last. And there *are* questions about authorship.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And your source for this is?

The simple truth of the matter is that even if we presume they were all done about the same time, Revelation wasn't definitively the last. And there *are* questions about authorship.

Only non-Christians question the date and authorship of Revelation, and I don't care what they think they are lost and blind to the scriptures.

My Sources are: The Palos Heights Bible scholars Group, The National Association of Evangelical Scholars, F LaGard Smith of Pepperdine University.

And your sources are?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So what exactly do you believe about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit?
Yeshua the Messiah is the Son of YHWH. He is indeed an "elohim", but not the "only true Elohim". He is the only true Elohim's Son. The Holy Spirit is not a third person of a trinity, but the power of the Father who is Holy and who is Spirit. Father YHWH has the ability to put a portion of His Spirit within believers to give them the power to do His will.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Only non-Christians question the date and authorship of Revelation, and I don't care what they think they are lost and blind to the scriptures.

My Sources are: The Palos Heights Bible scholars Group, The National Association of Evangelical Scholars, F LaGard Smith of Pepperdine University.

And your sources are?

Pretty much everyone else.

I've made it a point to not just study the Bible but study its history from multiple perspectives.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

And your sources are?

I've made it a point to not just study the Bible but study its history from multiple perspectives.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Book of Mormon brings men to Christ. The Doctrine and Covenants brings men to Christ’s kingdom, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth” (D&C 1:30). I know that.
Ezra Taft Benson, “The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants,” Liahona, Jan 2005, 8
The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants - Ensign Jan. 2005 - ensign

• 1 Nephi 13:20–29. Plain and Precious Truths Removed from the Bible
  • Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles explained the meaning of “plain and precious”: “Elements … missing from the Bible were both ‘plain and most precious.’ They were plain in their simplicity and clarity, being easy to ‘the understanding of … men’; they were precious in their purity and profound worth, their saving significance and eternal importance to the children of God” (Christ and the New Covenant [1997], 5).
    Book of Mormon Student Manual, 2009, Chapter 4, p. 28
  • Joseph Smith taught that “many important points touching the salvation of man, had been taken from the Bible, or lost before it was compiled” (History of the Church, 1:245). He also said that the Bible was correct as “it came from the pen of the original writers,” but that “ignorant translators, careless transcribers, or designing and corrupt priests have committed many errors” (History of the Church, 6:57.)
    Book of Mormon Student Manual, 2009, Chapter 4, p. 29
  • Book of Mormon Student Manual Chapter 4: 1 Nephi 12–15
The Mormon lesson manuals explain what Mormons believe the interpretation of Bible verses that are there should be. I don't have time to start a thread on that now.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In Reality that means no one, I sure you could find some far out left-wing Atheist who would agree with your attack on the Bible.
Yes, I do too. I have a degree in Bible History and Theology from a Seminary. You can't just come on here and put a bunch of nonsense on here and not get called out for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James McCorrie

Christadelphian
Jun 18, 2018
Fordham
✟15,891.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi dzheremi,

Just noticed this...

I don't know what Christadelphians espouse in lieu of the Holy Trinity, for instance. (There aren't very many of them in the world to begin with, and I've never met one myself.)

I'm one of them, so if your interested I'd be happy to discuss scripture directly. Not really interested in quotes from other people, articles, videos or books. But if you want a direct conversation about how Christadelphians understand particular verses, then I'd be happy to.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So you are saying those who dont believe in the trinity are in a cult......

What about these gruops????

Church of Christ - conservative
Messianic Jewish Christian
Non - denominational

I have belonged to all 3 and none are Cultic....
however they can be controlling and isolated at times.......

Also your referenc to the UNITed CHURCH OF God......
is no longer armstrongs group......
they have changed dramatically in the last 20 years.....
they believe in salvation by grace but I still dont think they are tinitarian????

United Church of God is NOT the Worldwide Church of God.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe in the Trinity, but were does it say in the Bible that one must believe in the Trinity to be saved?

The Trinity is the true God. Thou shalt have no other gods before Him.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, I know people who say that if you believe any type of false teaching that you believe in a false god, like the false teaching of baptism of babies, or the Baptist god or the catholic god. You sound just like them.

Thank you, because the people I've known who are Baptists and Catholics and worship the true God. Whether or not individuals are Christians, I don't know --- especially online. But if a person worships the wrong god, he can't possibly be a Christian. God doesn't lead people to worship other gods.

• Agree
Reactions: drstevej
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed