PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe Harvard would file it under CULTURAL EVOLUTION.

Cosmic_Evolution.jpg

Evolution isn't just about seeking the living among the dead or endless genealogies, you know?

There's more to its philosophy than just ape-to-man development.
Evolution means change over time. As I have explained to you before, the topic of this subforum is creationism vs BIOLOGICAL evolution, as that is the type of evolution spoken about when using the term "evolution" by itself. Just because stars change over time doesn't mean that the process by which they do so is in any way similar to how populations of living organisms change over time.

• Winner
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh and do some research on fossils and how they actually appear in the earths crust. They are not in a certain order

Owkay.

Then you should have no problems pointing me to geological formation where one can find trilobite fossils together with mammal fossils.

So please do.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ive done my research im not doing it for other people. You have to be motivated to do your own.

Imagine actual scientists working like that....

Einstein: "time is relative!"
Other scientists: "please support that statement"
Einstein: "no! I've done my research I'm not going to do it for you as well... figure it out on your own!"

lol

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Michael behe i believe is how his name is spelled is an ok start.

Lol....
A guy who admitted under oath that if ID / creationism counts as valid science, then so do does astrology (fyi: that's the "science" of horoscopes and fortune telling)

Greeeeaaaat.

Also scientists produce no products nor build anything i know of engineers build things

And for an engineer to be able to build things, they require theoretical knowledge provided by scientists.

An engineer can't build an atom bomb if scientists don't first figure out what atoms are and how they work.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It might a little bit of time and digging, but the information is out there. The echo chamber of current evolutionary beliefe isn't a good start. Look to people who tell the truth no matter the conclusion. Michael behe i believe is how his name is spelled is an ok start. Also scientists produce no products nor build anything i know of engineers build things cause it has to work in the real world not in your imagination
In my reading of Behe he accepts the fossil record as reported by evolutionists. How do you square that away with your own position? One of your views must be incorrect.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because stars change over time doesn't mean that the process by which they do so is in any way similar to how populations of living organisms change over time.
On the other hand, does it give evolutionists license to say this?
Although what this has to do with evolution, I have no idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
On the other hand, does it give evolutionists license to say this?
Yes, absolutely. On this board, when "evolution" is mentioned it is the general assumption that biological evolution is meant.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, absolutely. On this board, when "evolution" is mentioned it is the general assumption that biological evolution is meant.
I'll keep that in mind the next time someone mentions IN GOD WE TRUST on our coins and gets a WHICH GOD? in return.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I'll keep that in mind the next time someone mentions IN GOD WE TRUST on our coins and gets a WHICH GOD? in return.
Everybody knows which God, which subset of Christianity insisted on it being put there and why. The rejoinder "Which god?" is just a snarky response to Evangelicals.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,348.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
To ophio. We can tell which animals survived to reproduce and their children also survived and reproduced from fossils. Now this magic i would like to see.
Thank you for your response. If it was intended as an anwer to my question in post #289, I regret it makes no sense to me. Indeed, if it was just a separate statement it still makes no sense. Would you please take the time to clarity? Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jcreigns

Jan 1, 2018
Oklahoma city
✟16,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean clarify. I assume english isn't your first language i hope. Anyway u were talking about the fossil record ophi which is seperate from behe's view of a bacteria flegellum i think is how it is spelled. All fossils tell u is its a dead animal and thats it period. Everything else is imagined period. Thats the truth.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To ophio. We can tell which animals survived to reproduce and their children also survived and reproduced from fossils. Now this magic i would like to see.

Ugh, not this PRATT.

{dnip} All fossils tell u is its a dead animal and thats it period. Everything else is imagined period. Thats the truth.

That's not the truth. For one thing, body fossils are not the only type of fossil. Trace fossils tell us all sorts of information about how animals moved (footprints), lived (burrows), and reproduced (egg nests) and what they ate (coprolites). Body fossils can tell us other information like if the body was scavenged or if the bones were fed on by worms. We can also tell about the environment they lived in, how they were buried and how they died in certain cases. Body fossils can tell us if they were male or female and how old they were.

The assertion that, "All fossils tell u is its a dead animal and thats it period." is simply untrue.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,788.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Lol well if there is no living creature to compare it the only way u could determine sex is if they were giving birth while fossilized

tumblr_inline_p255xreNkt1ryz3lh_500.gif

You cannot be serious with that line of 'logic'...

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You mean clarify. I assume english isn't your first language i hope. Anyway u were talking about the fossil record ophi which is seperate from behe's view of a bacteria flegellum i think is how it is spelled. All fossils tell u is its a dead animal and thats it period. Everything else is imagined period. Thats the truth.

Perhaps you should take the course mentioned in the OP. That's why this thread exists, after all.

Upvote 0