Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Okay. I'm using "prophecy" kind of tongue-in-cheek but I don't think it's all that off in this case. Seems a New York congresswoman wants to eliminate the word "abortion" from the abortion debate. She said:

“I would suggest you stop throwing the word abortion around because you think it’s one that is going to raise the emotions above having reasonable conversation,” Rice told Francis. “[The] word has been weaponized, in my opinion, by certain people in this country because if we’re going to have a real conversation about this, we have to stop using language that is going to prevent an actual meaningful conversation from happening.”

I'm betting social media companies will soon ban the term "abortion" from their platforms. Or at least try to. We'll see.

WATCH: Democrat Congresswoman Wants to Stop Calling It "Abortion" to Hide How It Kills Babies - LifeNews.com

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'm betting social media companies will soon ban the term "abortion" from their platforms. Or at least try to. We'll see.

How much are you willing to bet? What exactly are the terms?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
One Doge coin over the next twelve months.

Hm, at a current market value of 7 cents, it's not worth the effort.

Anyway, I'll leave my own prophecy. Neither Facebook/Insta nor Twitter nor YouTube nor TikTok will ban the word 'abortion' at any time over the next 12 months.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hm, at a current market value of 7 cents, it's not worth the effort.

Anyway, I'll leave my own prophecy. Neither Facebook/Insta nor Twitter nor YouTube nor TikTok will ban the word 'abortion' at any time over the next 12 months.

Is the suggested replacement term "fetus deletus"?

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
upload_2022-7-22_12-18-22.gif

lol wut.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The prophecy surrounding abortion called rare but available was a false prophecy. The other prophecy turned out to be true. Give an inch take a mile.

There were no such prophecies, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm still trying to get my head around the number of "prophets" who claimed Trump would be president now, in his second term, and how they almost all claim they were not wrong.
Many were right here!

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sure there was. I'm surprised you are not aware of fairly recent history.

How the abortion debate moved away from "safe, legal, and rare"

Except it wasn't a prophecy, or even a prediction. It wasn't part of a platform, or even a campaign slogan. It was a phrase used occasionally by politicians on the campaign trail. It was also meaningless, because "rare" is a pretty vague term.

The other prophecy turned out to be true. Give an inch take a mile.
This was also never a prophecy, nor was it a prediction, and it certainly never came true. Abortion rates were decreasing. Nobody was taking a mile of anything.

Plenty of other people like making predictions about the future.

That doesn't make them true, or relevant.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Except it wasn't a prophecy, or even a prediction. It wasn't part of a platform, or even a campaign slogan. It was a phrase used occasionally by politicians on the campaign trail. It was also meaningless, because "rare" is a pretty vague term.

This was also never a prophecy, nor was it a prediction, and it certainly never came true. Abortion rates were decreasing. Nobody was taking a mile of anything.

That doesn't make them true, or relevant.
It was thought to be a prediction, just like another prophecy called, lies, damned lies and statistics, which you just used. The abortion rate going down is playing with numbers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thought by whom?

"Give an inch take a mile", was neither predicted nor reality.
I heard that prediction and gave a link to confirm it. That's how I and many people thought it turn out to be like. No person wants to see their mother, sister or daughter denied essential health care. Ultimately it was the proverbial give an in take a mile approach that turned out to be true.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It was thought to be a prediction, just like another prophecy called, lies, damned lies and statistics, which you just used. The abortion rate going down is playing with numbers.
It’s abortion happening less often. How is the rate of abortions declining for decades taking a mile?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It’s abortion happening less often. How is the rate of abortions declining for decades taking a mile?
Because it's exactly like denying the Holocaust but more, only tens if not hundreds of millions have been murdered. This decline argument is like saying only 5,999, 999 Jews were murdered, therefore the 6 million genocide of the Jews in WW2 should not be an issue.

To believe that murdering a child is OK because the rate was declining is playing with words that doesn't make that line of reasoning any less of an evil.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To believe that murdering a child is OK because the rate was declining is playing with words that doesn't make that line of reasoning any less of an evil.

Nobody made such a claim, nor does this thread have anything to do with murdering children.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nobody made such a claim, nor does this thread have anything to do with murdering children.
Okay. I'm using "prophecy" kind of tongue-in-cheek but I don't think it's all that off in this case. Seems a New York congresswoman wants to eliminate the word "abortion" from the abortion debate.
It's probably why the congresswoman wants to eliminate the word abortion from the abortion debate. It has always been about murdering unborn children in numbers that comparably make the genocide of the Jews look like a drop in the bucket.

Staff Edit
Staff Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0