Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Listen, I’m so far above and beyond playing into the tap dance of those who enjoy being playing obtuse. So, if you’re looking for another audience member for your “he didn’t poison her, he only gave her poisonous amounts of something that is toxic when you have too much of it” show, you’ll have to keep looking because I’m not it. The distinction you’re trying to make not only makes no logical sense and makes you look all the sillier the more it goes on, but it has no point. We are all well aware that to the anti-abortion crowd, the woman is disposable and what happens to her is irrelevant, so there’s no need to keep bringing it up.

He poisoned her in an attempt to cause an abortion, period. If he had shot her in the stomach to cause an abortion, we don’t say “he tried to cause an abortion with a gun,” we say he shot her. Your stance is just silly.
If his intent wasn’t to kill her by “poisoning” her, then he shouldn’t be put to death. And while the sentencing would seem to be a bit weak, it shouldn’t equal what an abortion doctor receives for deliberately taking a life. The OP wanted to make a one-to-one comparison. And then backed down.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If his intent wasn’t to kill her by “poisoning” her, then he shouldn’t be put to death. And while the sentencing would seem to be a bit weak, it shouldn’t equal what an abortion doctor receives for deliberately taking a life. The OP wanted to make a one-to-one comparison. And then backed down.
No, that still doesn't make sense. What is the difference between her husband giving her the pill with the intent of causing an abortion and a doctor giving her the pill for the same reason?

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
No, that still doesn't make sense. What is the difference between her husband giving her the pill with the intent of causing an abortion and a doctor giving her the pill for the same reason?
(her knowledge and informed consent and the usage of a controlled substance)

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
(her knowledge and informed consent and the usage of a controlled substance)
Quite so. And that, according to Hammster, justifies a lighter sentence for the husband than the doctor

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is none, as far as I’m aware.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Quite so. And that, according to Hammster, justifies a lighter sentence for the husband than the doctor
Where did I say that? Maybe you should start with my first post.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You're right. I see now what you're saying: that an unsuccessful abortion attempt deserves a lighter sentence than a successful one.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You're right. I see now what you're saying: that an unsuccessful abortion attempt deserves a lighter sentence than a successful one.
Let me help. Remember when I said to go back to my first post?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How is it different for a doctor "to take a life" (successful abortion) and the husband delivering the drug to end the pregncancy? Isn't that an attempt at "taking alife" (and risking two lifes)?
Or should we judge diffeent when the decissio is taken by a man instead of the woman?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How is it different for a doctor "to take a life" (successful abortion) and the husband delivering the drug to end the pregncancy? Isn't that an attempt at "taking alife" (and risking two lifes)?
Or should we judge diffeent when the decissio is taken by a man instead of the woman?
It isn’t different. That’s what I’ve been saying. I’m really not sure where the confusion is.

Upvote 0