Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Okay, i have loved this subject all my life, but in the past few years havent had much time to concentrate on it. Thus im out of touch.

What software, books and DVDs do you recommend?

Nothing mathematically heavy - or slowly introduces you to the maths (in fact this option would be cooler because it'd teach me maths in an interesting way!).

Though i dont do maths well i have a good understanding of physics (a favorite subject too - which id be studying if my math was up to scratch).

But with all the differing types of Astronomy now should i focus only on a few areas? Though id still like a general idea of all.

im interested in Stars - all life stages (and their composition) Planets and satilites (i dont care if we speculate about life on them - id love it if we found life but not speculation), and our own sun.

It may seem crazy but yeah this was a subject i loved, i guess i went of it a little during the whole is there life on mars phase.

thanks for any help! (remember im in UK for DVDs)

Locrian

Dec 2, 2004
✟447.00
Faith
Atheist
It sounds to me like you'd like a textbook. If I were in your shoes I'd find a textbook on Amazon.com that was a year or two old and buy it for cheap. Maybe buy an old one from a student at a college nearby. Most astronomy textbooks are written for people with little science background, but it would be a great place to start.

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
yeah i have one, but its from GCSE Astronomy in the UK and in my OP not well written. i will check into another.

And on another note: i went to buy an Astronomy magazine (and ended up buying two) which had a special on stars and their life cycles. :D

Upvote 0