Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't get what this is for. Someone makes a lot of money, and is linked with Wal-Mart in someway, so that means they're evil, too? What about Bush being linked to Fox News and Big Oil? What about Cheney being linked to Halliburton? What about Rumsfeld being on the board of a company who sold nuclear power to N. Korea in 2000? If you don't consider ALL of them evil, then you're playing favorites.

Isn't Wal-Mart the major customer of almost ALL distribution companies, anyway?

And if you think her $45,000 pays the bills in the Obama household, as opposed to Barack's $170,000, you're sorely mistaken. :p

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Generally speaking, this is a petty issue. But it is a good response to the connections being made between Chaney & Halliburton over the past six years. Now that the Democrats are in power & Obama may be a presidential candidate, it's time to micro-manage his life.

I think $45,000 is pretty significant. Since the average wage in the U.S. is less than that, I think most Americans would find it significant.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Generally speaking, this is a petty issue. But it is a good response to the connections being made between Chaney & Halliburton over the past six years. Now that the Democrats are in power & Obama may be a presidential candidate, it's time to micro-manage his life.

I think $45,000 is pretty significant. Since the average wage in the U.S. is less than that, I think most Americans would find it significant.

A politician buys stock in a thriving company, not big news.

I guess if Obama wins the Presidentcy, defence contracts will be switched to Sam's club?:D

Upvote 0

Lynden1000

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Orlando, Florida
✟3,628.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not sure what the big deal is. Lots of people shop at Walmart and lots of people, including me, invest in Walmart stock. Now if he has been complaining about the evils of Walmart and then turns around and shops there- well, that's pretty hypocritical.

I suspect a lot of people who whine about Walmart also own S&P 500 index funds in their 401K plans, and would be surprised to find out that they are part-owner in Walmart.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Its the source of walmart's products I have issues with. By technicality I supply walmart, they are my company's biggest customer. But we are well paid, American labor. Not that I have much problem with well paid foreign labor too. My biggest beef is with all the sweatshops supported through walmart. Frankly, most of their stuff is inferior anyhow, so I tend to shop elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The products I buy at Walmart are made by the same companies that supply other discount stores and groceries: Procter and Gamble, Clorox, Kraft, Coca-Cola, etc.
That's food products. Many manufactured products are made in different places. Of course american is getting harder and harder to find.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I used to work there and please don't let those family
Friendly commercials fool you as
Management is really something else
I tell you the truth. Don't even get a job there.
Take my word for it.:mad: :cry:

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Switch "Bush" for "Obama" and "Halliburton" for "Wal-Mart", and watch the liberals go berserk.
First of all, I think the Halliburton connection is much more significant and worthy of speculation and criticique than this - if it's true.

Secondly, who are "the liberals" of whom you speak? Last time I checked, liberals weren't like the Borg Collective; all liberals thought differently.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WesternCanuck

Dec 9, 2006
Alberta
✟8,148.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I see nothing wrong with this at all and I cannot stand Obama...he has every right to invest his money in any business he wants....just as it is fine for Cheney to invest in Haliburton which is an excellent company also...

I think people are just jealous that others are more successful then them....kudos to Obama and Cheney both in having money....

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not an Obama fan but I credit Wal-Mart with being a large part of our current recession proof economy.
I remember a time when all the mom/pop's stores would have raised prices through the roof given the cost of gas and oil that we have seen. Just go back to the mid 70's and check out a little economic history.

Obama = no experience seeking the worlds biggest and most important job.
Wal-Mart = economic stability when crazy people in the mideast try to highjack our economy.

You can disagree, you have a right to be wrong.

Upvote 0

ElvisFan42

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟11,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not an Obama fan but I credit Wal-Mart with being a large part of our current recession proof economy.
I remember a time when all the mom/pop's stores would have raised prices through the roof given the cost of gas and oil that we have seen. Just go back to the mid 70's and check out a little economic history.

Obama = no experience seeking the worlds biggest and most important job.
Wal-Mart = economic stability when crazy people in the mideast try to highjack our economy.

You can disagree, you have a right to be wrong.
Obama has been a politician since 1996 and at the federal level since 2004. Our current president was a Governer for six years with no experience prior to that. Many people like our current president and his lack of experience doesn't seem to have affected him at all.

Upvote 0