Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obama has been a politician since 1996 and at the federal level since 2004. Our current president was a Governer for six years with no experience prior to that. Many people like our current president and his lack of experience doesn't seem to have affected him at all.
I don't recall a single bill, a single thing he's done.

He will not make it through the process.

Bush was the head of the largest state in the lower 48.
Bush had a record to run with.

Upvote 0

ElvisFan42

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟11,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Do you live in his state? He has sponsored bills, bills that have passed, either way, the lack of experience arguement doesn't hold much water. One of the front runners for the Republicans is Mitt Romney, how much experience does he have? Not much. How much do you require?

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you live in his state? He has sponsored bills, bills that have passed, either way, the lack of experience arguement doesn't hold much water. One of the front runners for the Republicans is Mitt Romney, how much experience does he have? Not much. How much do you require?
We shall see. In my opinion not a single front runner today will be the next president. The whole bunch of them in both parties are playing the same political games that will bring someone out of no where to take it away. If you think about it the dems only have Bush to run against, at some point someone is going to tell them that Bush is not running. They really don't have a message. Likewise anyone thats seen as a Bush type republican will turn off the true conservatives.
The next president is not currently running.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Come on people, you can't forget the tic's.
Didn't everyone get the message?;)
It's like saying 'Republic Party'. If you're going to say the party name, you need to say the right word instead of trying to shorten it.
Ringo

Upvote 0

ElvisFan42

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟11,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We shall see. In my opinion not a single front runner today will be the next president. The whole bunch of them in both parties are playing the same political games that will bring someone out of no where to take it away. If you think about it the dems only have Bush to run against, at some point someone is going to tell them that Bush is not running. They really don't have a message. Likewise anyone thats seen as a Bush type republican will turn off the true conservatives.
The next president is not currently running.
You're either missing or avoiding the point. All I hear is Obama has no experience, but I didn't hear that about Bush in 2000, and I'm not hearing it about Romney now.

Between the no experience arguement and this WalMart lame duck, it tells me, at least some Republicans see Obama as a viable, strong candidate, and that they have nothing to critisize him on.

Upvote 0

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

He's done quite a few things, here's a couple-month old article....
http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/obsidian_wings/2006/10/barack_obama.html

And he's been in politics for almost 10 years - 7 years in Illinois State Senate, and 2 years in the US Senate.

Abraham Lincoln had even less experience than Obama does now, and very few would say that Lincoln was a bad President. So, to say that his inexperience means he won't succeed is definitely not true.

And Bush definitely had experience as the Governor of Texas, but it was not GOOD experience.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He's done quite a few things, here's a couple-month old article....
http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/obsidian_wings/2006/10/barack_obama.html

And he's been in politics for almost 10 years - 7 years in Illinois State Senate, and 2 years in the US Senate.

Abraham Lincoln had even less experience than Obama does now, and very few would say that Lincoln was a bad President. So, to say that his inexperience means he won't succeed is definitely not true.

And Bush definitely had experience as the Governor of Texas, but it was not GOOD experience.
We are all biased and we speak from our biases. Let's wait and see. Obama is on a political honneymoon right now, it's early.

I really came in here to comment on the evil Wal-Mart idea.

Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And the evidence Wal-Mart is evil from this ad would be...?

Ummkay, so I can say imho Walmart isn't that great of a store, but calling it evil because it teams with someone is kind of overly generalized.

Upvote 0

cavymom

Jan 25, 2005
✟16,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama, a possible Democratic presidential candidate for 2008, was the first to weigh in, in a call that started at 7 p.m. EST. "Unlike the manufacturers who are under enormous competitive pressure from global low-cost producers, Wal-Mart is making enormous profits and yet it has chosen to go with low wages and diminished benefits," he said. "The battle to engage Wal-Mart and force them to examine their corporate values and policies is absolutely vital to America today."
A Living Wage

Obama spoke for less than 10 minutes, and much of the call was taken up by members of WakeUpWalMart.com. The group was set up by the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union, which has tried to organize the company's workers—without success. The Hope for the Holidays campaign is designed to change what the group calls Wal-Mart's "anti-family business practices" and persuade the company to provide a "living wage and affordable health care" to employees. "With great wealth comes great responsibility," says Chris Kofinis, spokesman for WakeUpWalMart.com. "As one of the world's most powerful economic forces and one of the most profitable companies, Wal-Mart has the responsibility to improve the lives of its workers."
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily...p+news_top+news+index_businessweek+exclusives

This story was not interesting until I read the article above... He is not afraid of companies even if his wife makes money off of them... that makes him a better person. Barack Obama is willing to go toe to toe even though it could jeoperdize his wife's financial situation. Good going.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This story was not interesting until I read the article above... He is not afraid of companies even if his wife makes money off of them... that makes him a better person. Barack Obama is willing to go toe to toe even though it could jeoperdize his wife's financial situation. Good going.
Wal-mart has economies of scale in it's favor. If it provided more benefits or higher pay than it's competitors, the price of their goods would rise, they would have to layoff workers & another company who has lower wages & fewer benefits would take it's place. Then instead of Wal-mart, we would be talking about the company that's taken it's place.

Upvote 0