St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Lol... perhaps you don't know this, but there was a time there were no computers.
How could I have known that? I'm only 78. ;)
I didn't get on a computer for the first time until I was in high school.
For me, it was college. In those days computers took up whole buildings and only universities and major industries owned them.
I was struggling a bit in algebra and and the school counselor took me to the math classroom where there was one (our school only had 1) and he showed me a program he wrote for fun - solitaire... lol. He was hoping to encourage me I know...

But I remember thinking at the time if that's the best a computers got, I'd rather use a deck of cards. Lol...

By the time my son was in kindergarten (about 5-6 years after my counselor showed me that game) all schools had computer classes (it was a huge leap in a very short time) and he's been on a computer at school since then. (My daughter as well)

But I didn't have a computer at home.. the kids did everything they needed to do with the computers at school, and if they needed to do homework on a computer, they stayed after school to use the computer lab)

It wasn't until about 2000 (can't remember the exact year now) the school declared parents had to have home computers, and if we either didn't or couldn't buy one and get internet access, the kids couldn't attend school.

It was forced upon many parents... so I had to run out and spend 1,000 or so dollars on a computer and get dial up service for the kids to attend school.

It was my son who taught me how to use a computer and access the internet.
That's a sad story, altogether. You must have lived in a very ignorant and backward sort of place.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's a sad story, altogether. You must have lived in a very ignorant and backward sort of place.

Just the sort of place all your food is grown... not a lot of computer need to nurse sick patients and run cattle.

Doesn't make anyone "ignorant" or "backward"...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Just the sort of place all your food is grown...
I hope not. I live in a small Illinois town around which a lot of food is grown and we had internet since the early nineties more or less routinely, and anybody who suggested that a student be kept out of school because his parents couldn't afford a computer would have been scorned. No, I think you lived in a particularly ignorant and backwards place.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I think you lived in a particularly ignorant and backwards place.

You do understand that this is exactly why people don't like the left much... this moral superiority as if your better than others and everyone is beneath you.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You do understand that this is exactly why people don't like the left much... this moral superiority as if your better than others and everyone is beneath you.
Ignorance and backwardness are not necessarily morally inferior. But sometimes moral inferiority is obvious and unmistakable, as when we hear of students being kept out of school because their parents can't afford to buy them a computer. That is most definitely moral inferiority. As is blaming it on "The Left," just to forestall your next play.

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes moral superiority is obvious and unmistakable, as when we hear of students being kept out of school because their parents can't afford to buy them a computer. That is most definitely moral inferiority.

It's the states mentality...

Not ignorant and backward people..

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟140,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And you think that people are rioting for no reason whatsoever then?

That's the whole reason they have been demonstrating and rioting.
Trump couldn't get a judge to hear the evidence or conduct a hearing. Every case was thrown out before it could be heard.

That's the whole reason behind them.
Freddie Mercury never sings “...of the WORLD” in “We Are the Champions”, yet people “remember” it that way.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Already did...Rep and both Senators.
Did you tell them that lie about everyone saying there is "no" election fraud, or did you tell the truth that you keep hearing that there is no "massive" or "widespread" voter fraud.

And get back to them when Veritas finds those other 7 million fraudulent votes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I think you lived in a particularly ignorant and backwards place.

I find that characterization unnecessary. There are communities and/or families who simply don't have [Internet/computer] access or they can't afford to.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I find that characterization unnecessary. There are communities and/or families who simply don't have [Internet/computer] access or they can't afford to.
That is right. The present Covid pandemic has proved a wake-up call. As schools get involved in on-line learning we hear of localities where no internet is available--sometimes surprisingly large and close to major urban areas. But even in those localities arrangements are in hand to deal with the situation, and poor students are being provided with cheap computers like Chromebooks.

Consequently, I stand by my assertion: to keep a kid out of school because his parents can't afford a computer is ignorant, backwards and morally inferior.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is right. The present Covid pandemic has proved a wake-up call. As schools get involved in on-line learning we hear of localities where no internet is available--sometimes surprisingly large and close to major urban areas. But even in those localities arrangements are in hand to deal with the situation, and poor students are being provided with cheap computers like Chromebooks.

Consequently, I stand by my assertion: to keep a kid out of school because his parents can't afford a computer is ignorant, backwards and morally inferior.

Okay, thank you for clarifying. There was a time in our country's history when providing equal access to education was a common goal for our country. Sadly, I get the impression that is no longer the case....

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟101,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This canard just isn’t going to die, is it?

Viral Posts Take Biden Quote on Voter Fraud Out of Context - FactCheck.org

By the way, I want to point out the contradiction, here. Republicans spent the last year telling me how Biden is decrepit and suffering from dementia, yet, somehow, he pulled off the greatest crime in United States history.
Biden Said, “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.

I am not interested in who wins a clean, fair election. I became interested in the subject when the green card field workers voted right alongside me in CA. First issue, Prove it. No one reported it. A person hesitates to accuse a person and find out you are wrong . The ones who are elected are afraid it is their supporters who are doing it, with or without the candidates knowledge.
The Enforcement has been so lax, the Courts so obsessed with "voter suppression" and the "convenience" of universal mail in ballots that it has become a cottage industry, witness this woman.
Today there is a report showing that many Georgia counties, the number of registered voters exceeds the number of people eligible to vote. These counties have up to 118% registered voters and only 100% people eligible.
Clean up this mess and let the best man win.
It is voter fraud that interests me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Biden Said, “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.
As what I posted shows, you’re taking him out of context.

Today there is a report showing that many Georgia counties, the number of eligible voters is 100% but the percentage of registered voters exceeds 100% and some by as much as 118%.
That sounds familiar. Care to share this report?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟140,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.
Do a search (here or elsewhere) for “57 states”.
This is that, not a “smocking gun”.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟328,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you think that people are rioting for no reason whatsoever then?

That's the whole reason they have been demonstrating and rioting.
Trump couldn't get a judge to hear the evidence or conduct a hearing. Every case was thrown out before it could be heard.

That's the whole reason behind them.

Most of the courts did look at the evidence provided to them by Trump's lawyers and found them lacking evidence. You should read some of the decisions, where they talk about the affidavits and why they don't show any real issues. Yes, there were cases that were dismissed for "procedural" reasons, like the Texas case where they went directly to the Supreme Court, but those were not filed by Trump's lawyers.

Next, since you don't want to trust the courts, then you have Trump's DoJ, where AG Barr was tasked with investigating all the claims of election issues. Barr handpicked members of the DoJ and FBI to investigate and they found no evidence of widespread voter fraud, nothing that would change the election results. If that isn't enough, Homeland Security -- again, part of the Trump administration, with the leaders handpicked by Trump -- found no major election issues, proclaiming it the safest and most secure election in US history.

And, just to add a bit more, the International observer groups (also Pres. Carter's observer group) -- all organizations that know what to look for, having worked fraudulent elections -- found no evidence of widespread fraud, they declared the election was run properly and well.

The evidence does not support claims that the election was "stolen" or had "massive fraud."

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟328,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Freddie Mercury never sings “...of the WORLD” in “We Are the Champions”, yet people “remember” it that way.

Actually, he did sing "We Are the Champions of the World" at LiveAid. Since that is one of the most iconic and viewed performances of the song, that is likely why people remember the song with "of the World" added.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,150.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The evidence does not support claims that the election was "stolen" or had "massive fraud."
Guess they needed an investigative agency to request access (warrant) to the evidence so it could then be used if found. Guess they needed to find an agency willing to co-operate first.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0