W Virginia Gov. Jim Justice is ‘extremely unwell’ with COVID, postpones state of the state address

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice says he’s ‘extremely unwell’ after testing positive for coronavirus

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R) announced late Tuesday that he’s “extremely unwell” after testing positive for coronavirus, forcing him to postpone his State of the State address.

Justice, who is vaccinated and boosted, said in a news release that although he was “surprised” he tested positive, he was “thankful to the Lord above that I’ve been vaccinated, I’ve been boosted, and that I have an incredible support system, especially my loving family.”

“That being said, I feel extremely unwell at this point, and I have no choice but to postpone my State of the State address to the Legislature,” he said.

Clay Marsh, the state’s covid-19 czar, said Justice “took the exact right course of action” by testing when he showed a virus-related symptom.

“I have full confidence that Governor Justice will recover quickly, and it’s because he chose to receive the covid-19 vaccine and his booster shot,” said Marsh, the vice president and executive dean for health sciences at West Virginia University. “Without the immunity afforded by those vaccines, his outcome could be much worse.”

[The governor] has repeatedly pleaded with residents to get vaccinated against the virus. Last February, he assailed long-term care workers who declined the vaccine, calling them “asinine.” When his state was conducting lotteries to reward vaccine recipients — he encouraged people to “Do It For Babydog,” his English bulldog — Justice began suggesting that the unvaccinated were taking part in a different type of lottery: one involving death.