Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The five women are not Democrats.
You mean they TOLD YOU they voted for Trump. Guess what, the woman who said that was found out by 4 CHAN, she said she voted for Trump but shes not on the Voter List. Its Public.

People who FORGE SIGNATURES probably lie also !!

One worked fr Biden and Clinton.

Another has a rabid anti-Trump son. So in reality, they are either Dems, or being paid to lie by Dems, either way, its a Dem HIT, and its not going to work.

Remember, three said he dd nothing wrong !! When you stated five I knew you weren't really hip to the facts. That easy to do, but we should be careful calling out a brother with false facts. I live in Alabama, I know what is going on here, I know the players. This is a Dem hit job.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very well put.

I think it's odd that the expectation is that Christians, who's very religion centers around the concept of redemption, are being pressured to condemn somebody for a forty year old sin without any consideration, not only of the evidence, but of the time passed and the possibility that Chief Justice Moore, had he actually done these things, may not be the same man he was forty years ago.

I know there are many thing in my past that are so foreign to me, it's like the actions of another person. And I know that Christ did not hesitate to forgive me of my sins and does not hold them over my head.

Like the Ungrateful Servant, how could I not forgive him, knowing the sins I've been forgiven for?

Is Moore showing the fruits of repentance, or is he denying he did wrong?

Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You mean they TOLD YOU they voted for Trump. Guess what, the woman who said that was found out by 4 CHAN, she said she voted for Trump but shes not on the Voter List. Its Public.

People who FORGE SIGNATURES probably lie also !!
I see, and people who make completely baseless character assassinations probably lie too.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I see, and people who make completely baseless character assassinations probably lie too.
Well the truth is the truth right?

On Wednesday a Gadsden, Alabama woman came forward and accused Judge Roy Moore of grabbing her while she was in his law office on legal business with her mother in 1991.

Besides going through a nasty divorce and signing her son over to her mother Tina Johnson has a record of writing bad checks and third degree theft.

Meanwhile 12 women have come forward attesting to Judge Moore's gentile spirit. One he dated log ago, one a young girl who he coached in softball years ago, etc. etc. etc.

Upvote 0

catmommy

Feb 9, 2008
✟15,639.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
People aren’t voting their “Christian”
values they are voting their political beliefs. The Bible says abstain from the very appearance of evil but instead those who support Moore use the constitution to justify their support of an alleged sexual predator. It’s not about whether More is guilty or innocent but whether he has had the good judgement to stay away from the appearance of evil. Or even how a voter who is supposedly voting their “Christian” values can align themselves with someone who is perceived to be a child predator. That’s
Biblical-innocent until proven guilty is not. I don’t have any problem with someone voting their political beliefs but let’s not try to wrap it in morality.

The whole give me proof thing is also a mere distraction and why so many women and some men suffer at the hand of sexual predators. Someone saying something in appropriate, an unwelcome touch, etc can’t be proven. It will always be one individuals word against another which leaves the door open to doubt. In this case 1 questionable testimony out of 5 is enough to give those who want to vote their party line an out for voting for Moore.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People aren’t voting their “Christian” values they are voting their political beliefs.
Are such people Christians? If they are abandoning Jesus Christ for a political party then can they be disciples of Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is Moore showing the fruits of repentance, or is he denying he did wrong?

Where does the Bible say one is supposed to repent for something they didn't do?

Moore says he didn't do anything. If he didn't, then why would we expect fruits of repentance when he's done nothing to repent of?

People aren’t voting their “Christian”
values they are voting their political beliefs. The Bible says abstain from the very appearance of evil but instead those who support Moore use the constitution to justify their support of an alleged sexual predator. It’s not about whether More is guilty or innocent but whether he has had the good judgement to stay away from the appearance of evil. Or even how a voter who is supposedly voting their “Christian” values can align themselves with someone who is perceived to be a child predator. That’s
Biblical-innocent until proven guilty is not. I don’t have any problem with someone voting their political beliefs but let’s not try to wrap it in morality.

The whole give me proof thing is also a mere distraction and why so many women and some men suffer at the hand of sexual predators. Someone saying something in appropriate, an unwelcome touch, etc can’t be proven. It will always be one individuals word against another which leaves the door open to doubt. In this case 1 questionable testimony out of 5 is enough to give those who want to vote their party line an out for voting for Moore.

So, by your logic, should Alabama's Christians have refused to vote for Steve Windom because of the very serious allegations against him?

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well the truth is the truth right?

On Wednesday a Gadsden, Alabama woman came forward and accused Judge Roy Moore of grabbing her while she was in his law office on legal business with her mother in 1991.

Besides going through a nasty divorce and signing her son over to her mother Tina Johnson has a record of writing bad checks and third degree theft.

Meanwhile 12 women have come forward attesting to Judge Moore's gentile spirit. One he dated log ago, one a young girl who he coached in softball years ago, etc. etc. etc.

It should be noted that, of the accusers, this is the second woman who has a criminal record. So, we have a drug addict, two women with criminal records, and a former Hillary Clinton operative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does the Bible say one is supposed to repent for something they didn't do?

Moore says he didn't do anything. If he didn't, then why would we expect fruits of repentance when he's done nothing to repent of?

So, by your logic, should Alabama's Christians have refused to vote for Steve Windom because of the very serious allegations against him?

Not from things he did not do, right? From whatever things.

"All have sinned" is a basic Christian understanding. So, I'm not asking if he repented from sin 4 or sin 19, but a different question: is he showing the fruits of repentance? He has to repent for the sake of his very own soul. I surely wouldn't know what he should repent for of course. Is he showing "fruits in keeping with repentance"?

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not from things he did not do, right? From whatever things.

"All have sinned" is a basic Christian understanding. So, I'm not asking if he repented from sin 4 or sin 19, but a different question: is he showing the fruits of repentance? He has to repent for the sake of his very own soul. I surely wouldn't know what he should repent for of course. Is he showing "fruits in keeping with repentance"?

How would you know whether he's showing fruit or not, since you're not privy to his private life?

• Winner
Upvote 0

RogerRoger

Jun 21, 2017
Halifax
✟10,402.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you just accused him of three instances which are just not true. Those three never claimed anything but DATES. Now you have them as inappropriate !! So the 14 year old at the time has many, many problems. The Woman with the book will not let the yearbook be tested (Proves shes lying IMHO) and now we have one today who is accusing him of groping her, of course shes been convicted of a Felony and is a drug abuser. Motley Crew we have here.

For someone who is calling for a thorough investigation, you sure have disregarded potential evidence without meeting your own standard.

The woman who has many problems? Is that supposed to discredit her?

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...For those of us who are Christians how can such things be? Is it right to do as the poll says and intensify your decision to vote for a candidate after he has been accused of molesting young teenage girls when he was thirty something years old? Is this how Christian moral teaching shows its superiority to worldly morality?
My guess is that it's just a political calculus. The policy positions of the Democratic party are poison, the Democrats have proven many times that they don't care about their own candidates predatory behavior, and the fact that they're working so hard to bring Moore down indicates that they think that he'll be effective at getting the job done. The Dems have proven many times that they're willing to lie in order to destroy their opponents, to the point that, in general, my immediate response is to assume they're lying. It's either Moore or a Democrat, and the Dems are worried about him so he must be good... and it's not the primary so we're stuck with Moore anyway.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would you know whether he's showing fruit or not, since you're not privy to his private life?
This was an actual question, and not a rhetorical one. I don't think it matters who wins the election. I think it matters that individuals confess and repent for the sake of eternity, and that can be private. If someone says the people who have something against them are all wrong, that's contrary to the instructions Christ gave about what to do when someone has something against you personally. He said: "23“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you,24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift." In other words, one needs to find people that are accusing oneself and reconcile to them, lest they accuse one later before the judgement throne. This is for real, for believers. As I understand it, if someone has forgiven you, then it's ok, but if they have not, and accuse you, you should personally go to them personally (even if a phone call, etc.) and reconcile, sometimes with recompense, as needed, so that on the heart level the person can't continue to accuse you. I'm saying in effect that the election is relatively unimportant in comparison to this thing, because this thing is about eternity, while the election is about mere temporal (temporary) worldly issues that will pass soon, and be gone forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was falsely accused and we know it from scripture. The senate candidate is not Jesus.

True.

But you are suggesting that because a person is accused of wrongdoing that they should therefore not be supported. According to this logic we should not support Jesus Christ. I'm just trying to demonstrate that your logic leads to conclusions that we would not accept.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True.

But you are suggesting that because a person is accused of wrongdoing that they should therefore not be supported. According to this logic we should not support Jesus Christ. I'm just trying to demonstrate that your logic leads to conclusions that we would not accept.

My concern is different. My concern -- if a person says they are Christian, then subsequently they should be clearly showing some (even just some) fruits of being Christian, of which there are many. Many, each one so good -- humbleness, mercy, meekness, generosity, forgiving even significant wrongs, reconciling with accusers.

I don't live in that state, and am not familiar with that candidate, but I understand he was accused by several individuals of something significant and has responded by saying they are wrong. In contrast, Christ gave us instructions of what to do when someone is accusing us. See just above in post #115 for the verses. I'm interested not in the mere temporal outcome of the moment, but instead in the eternal outcome.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My guess is that it's just a political calculus. The policy positions of the Democratic party are poison, the Democrats have proven many times that they don't care about their own candidates predatory behavior, and the fact that they're working so hard to bring Moore down indicates that they think that he'll be effective at getting the job done. The Dems have proven many times that they're willing to lie in order to destroy their opponents, to the point that, in general, my immediate response is to assume they're lying. It's either Moore or a Democrat, and the Dems are worried about him so he must be good... and it's not the primary so we're stuck with Moore anyway.
Odd that everything you've written in the quote above is about the democrats and nothing is about the women who say they were molested.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My concern is different. My concern -- if a person says they are Christian, then subsequently they should be clearly showing some (even just some) fruits of being Christian, of which there are many. Many, each one so good -- humbleness, mercy, meekness, generosity, forgiving even significant wrongs, reconciling with accusers.

I don't live in that state, and am not familiar with that candidate, but I understand he was accused by several individuals of something significant and has responded by saying they are wrong. In contrast, Christ gave us instructions of what to do when someone is accusing us. See just above in post #115 for the verses. I'm interested not in the mere temporal outcome of the moment, but instead in the eternal outcome.

Are you saying that Judge Moore has responded in an unChristian way to his accusers?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that Judge Moore has responded in an unChristian way to his accusers?

Isn't the way to respond the way Christ said?

See, even if you have only one accuser, just one, and they are imagining something in your own point of view -- still you should do what Christ said to do.

We can't expect to do good by doing wrong in order to do good, of course.

If someone wrongs me, I should not respond by wronging them.

Upvote 0