Vote Now To Keep CF A Christian Site

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Option (1) Will make CF a social community not a Christian one.Christian Fourms will have the word "Christian" removed from CF.The community will have a strong Christian influence, but will no longer be ran by just Christians.Christian Forum without Christian leadership is not a Christian site.

Please VOTE FOR OPTION 2 NOW (Deadline is the 3rd of August.) God Bless You All

http://www.christianforums.com/t5787680-at-crossroads-cfs-vision-poll-vote-only-here.html

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

"Therefore come out from them
and be separate, says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you."
"I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

1. A safe social community site with a heavy and strong Christian influence (with the vision being to offer a safe online community, and a secondary vision being to allow Christians to outreach to non-Christians) - which will allow for a name change;

OR

2. Return to a more restricted Christians-only site with a heavy emphasis on uniting mainstream Christians only with a less emphasis on outreach, in which case we keep the name.

Reactions: cubanito

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Dontchya just love the less-than-subtle slant placed on those options?

1)[slant=pick me, pick me. This is where CF is going anyway, so you might as well. What the libs want, the libs get, so let's try to put a happy PC spin on it]Open, loving, outreach oriented[/slant]

2)[slant=this option is only here to make the rest of you feel like you have a say, when you really don't. Just wanted to make you look like big meanies in the process]Restricted, anti-outreach oriented[/slant]

barf

Glad to see option 2 is winning anyway.

Ah, welcome to the unitarian forums. Perhaps that's really what they were all along.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today is the last day to let your voice be heard on this important issue.Please vote to keep CF a Christian Site.If you have already voted then pray for CF.God Bless you All... :)

Poll stands right now at:

Option (1) 421 votes 45.27%

Option (2) 509 votes 54.73%

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Does this poll really mean anything anyway? There's no way they're going to get a 70% vote on either side and I really think that was known all along. There are far too many unbelievers here who want their run of the place.

Upvote 0

kobuk

Nov 15, 2006
✟15,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does this poll really mean anything anyway? There's no way they're going to get a 70% vote on either side and I really think that was known all along. There are far too many unbelievers here who want their run of the place.
Here's another way to express how proposterous some things can be. How could Yahshua possibly want the representation of the name "Christian" to be that of the lives of anyone who decides to self-define themselves using the name "christian"?

Yahshua defines what a Christian is and He saves those who become one.

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Here's another way to express how proposterous some things can be. How could Yahshua possibly want the representation of the name "Christian" to be that of the lives of anyone who decides to self-define themselves using the name "christian"?

Yahshua defines what a Christian is and He saves those who become one.
I agree. And if this forum never does strive to glorify Chirst (though honestly, has it ever really done that??), the name should be changed to something else. That's the direction I see it going. It's sad, and very much a sign of the times. But at least if our Lord's name can be removed from a place so full of blasphemy, that would be something.

Upvote 0
N

Nagev

I agree. And if this forum never does strive to glorify Chirst (though honestly, has it ever really done that??), the name should be changed to something else. That's the direction I see it going. It's sad and very much a sign of the times. But at least if our Lord's name can be removed from a place so full of blasphemy, that would be something.

Well, desmalia, I can see your point. I'm new here, but retired from the ministry in 2000 after 18 years in it. I have scars on my back to prove it and those were NOT put there by unsaved people. If we are so concerned about a "Christian" website and to heck with the Church, then we've got issues. Have you attended church lately? Unless you attend a far-right fundamental Baptist church, the music is horrible. I thought the Bible says for believers not to be yoked together with the world, but yet we are. How about the way people dress in church? During those 18 years, I had become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because I had been so badly hurt. Those people dressed up, shirts and ties and women wore dresses. The music was as dead as a door nail, but yet, the sanctuary was either near-capacity or standing room only. The people were friendly, too, did I mention that?

Allow me to ask you and the other Christians here one question: Who moved? You or God? We have the Good News, but our churches aren't full or even half full. Our pastors drive Mercedes and keep "office hours." What's up with that? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Erwin has subsequently posted that he'll take the site where he feels it should go regardless of the vote. If I find it again, I'll post the link. So, given that, plus they decided to extend the vote to "get all the votes" (wink, wink), I highly suspect this vote was purely for show and holds no weight whatsoever.

Edit - here's his post:
http://www.christianforums.com/t5840623

Nice touch how he pawns it off as, "well, you can't please everyone anyway", apparently ignoring that dumping the Christian format doesn't upset "some" but rather MOST of the members.

Upvote 0
N

Nagev

Nagev, as a Mormon, you are welcome to post in our two subforums, titled Ask a Fundamentalist, and Debate with a Fundamentalist. But please respect the rules and refrain from participating in our general fellowship area. If you can show that much respect, perhaps I will take the time to address your generalizations and accusations against me. Thank you.

desmalia,

You didn't ask me a certain question, did you? Perhaps I should explain. You see, when news broke out because of what I did, I had many Christian friends concerned about me. I am not open for any debate (s) in any form because all it does is breed dissention in the Body of Christ. This is why I left the ministry and it does way more harm than good.

Now, what I did not tell you, of which I wanted to see, is if I would receive an "attitude" from anyone. I figured as much, as most Christians do not know how to deal with, much less witness to a member of a cult. A few years after it happened, another Christian had confronted me about being Mormon at her concert. She is a regional singer in my area, a Christian talk show host and her husband is a well known author/psychologist/marriage counselor. If you had checked any posts in my name, you would have seen another thread where I stated that I "used to be Mormon."

This singer was very instrumental in getting me out of the LDS church, hooking me up with a ministry in town that specializes in it. Bear in mind, and I need to emphasize this, I sought the talk show host out because she mentioned "media day," visiting the LDS Temple in suburban Saint Paul, Minnesota, before it opened only to church members. This is when she asked me. She gave me the information on the ministry, as I asked for it.

Now, she also contacted them for me, as per my request and told that when they call me, to use the code "Joyce's program," as I would know what that meant. Fortunately, they didn't have to call because I was on the phone with them a few days later and they were in the process of calling me at that moment.

Isn't that neat or what? Long story short, I received a sample letter to write in my own hand to the bishop in my ward to expunge my membership. This was the strongest letter I have ever written to anyone, which included threatening a lawsuit if the LDS church or any missionaries ever contacted me. The bishop did call me, just to inform me that "it's being taken care of." Now you know, the rest of the story.

I wasn't elusive on purpose and there are no hard feelings. I posted it so you know that there are people that have been in the ministry that, quite frankly, have nerves that are shot and can't do anything related to the ministry again. There are those that are still in the ministry that have been so hurt that they don't know what else to do so they stay with it. This is sad.

Now, what was this about respect that you wanted? You didn't even answer my questions and just lumped them as generalizations and accusations. Can I ask you something? I'm going to call your bluff on what you said. Open a new thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
N

Nagev

No one here questioned your salvation. I simply pointed out that your claims are inconsistent. That is certainly within my right to do, and I'm sorry if that offends you. It is also within my right to question whether you are actually a Fundamentalist, based on what you have posted here. And I do indeed seriously question it. What I cannot figure out is why you are on this forum to begin with.

And why do you want to know? Go read my testimony, as I just updated it a few minutes ago. I don't give anyone any rights who think they are better than everyone. I won't ever say what Christian church I attend now or even what denomination. I do that because of my own safety. I adhere to the KJV and nothing in my beliefs has been lost. I also noted that you are quite a bit younger that I am.

Perhaps you need to know that I attended LDS church services less than ten times, as I just couldn't agree with them. I had joined the LDS church during an unbelieveable time in my life and it's under the Blood. This is all that matters and all that is your business. The rest of the information related to it is mine and I will never reveal that to anyone. However, I would like to write a book about my experiences as a Christian and what it was like being in the ministry. I may name names, I haven't decided. No, it is not going to be a "kiss and tell" kind of book, but one that would help the Church become better.

In addition, due to my censoring you, I automatically reported your post as very offensive. I will place a block on you if you don't knock it off. Enough said.

Looking at your link, I have a question for you. How can you call yourself a fundamentalist and not be legalistic? These two go hand-in-hand, although I no longer attend a legalistic church. Anabaptist . . . not familiar with that.

Upvote 0

Charlamagne1

Aug 6, 2007
✟15,196.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

cubanito

Nov 16, 2005
Southeast Florida, US (Coral Gables near Miami)
✟4,071.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Erwin has subsequently posted that he'll take the site where he feels it should go regardless of the vote. If I find it again, I'll post the link. So, given that, plus they decided to extend the vote to "get all the votes" (wink, wink), I highly suspect this vote was purely for show and holds no weight whatsoever.

Edit - here's his post:
http://www.christianforums.com/t5840623

Nice touch how he pawns it off as, "well, you can't please everyone anyway", apparently ignoring that dumping the Christian format doesn't upset "some" but rather MOST of the members.
Keep polling sock puppet accounts until one gets the desired result, and if not just appeal to the Supreme Court to abrogate democracy while all the time claiming to be democratic.

Familiar tactics indeed...

JR

Upvote 0